aliens

Author Topic: Re: [Mod] Alternate Graphics for XPiratez - 099L1A1 - BETA  (Read 119301 times)

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
Re: [Mod] Alternate Graphics for XPiratez - 099L1A1 - BETA
« on: October 21, 2015, 09:55:42 am »
Dioxine has created an brilliant mod with Piratez Extended but personaly I find the some of the paperdoll's wrong or just not fitting in.

Thus I started to work on my own Versions - while some of these (Such as the helmet-less Tac suits and mask-less Smoke Gear) are already included in Dioxine's Mod download, I decided to put my own version out.

Link to download the Mod from My Google Drive (Recomended) Here

Link for Archived versions of the mod - Here

Please note - I have not yet put this on the new Mod Portal, though I might at some point.

This thread is for sugestions and comments about these versions.

Attached is a picture showing all current looks (this will be changed every time I update)
(Edit - Image updated for 0.99J14A)

The List below is all the completed mods and what version/any notes.

24/04/20 : Update for Xpiratez 0.99L1A1 - Just a basic general update

05/05/19 : Update for Xpiratez 0.99J14A - Includes: Minor fixes to Enviro_Changes.Rul to allow for the new armours/Races and prevent
                the 'Disappering Amours' bug, Minor Graphics Tweeks and an much needed update to metadata.yml

Important : Due to Changes in the files (Layered Images) - Please delete ALL old versions before instaling.

28/04/19 : Update for Xpiratez 0.99J13A - This version is a fix update. Includes: graphic fixes for Assassin, Dragonfly, Deckhand, Warrior and Defender, .Rul fixes 
                    to prevent Disappering Amours on some missions
18/02/19 : Update for Xpiratez 0.99J11 (Finally!) - Shifted to Layered Images and added the Deck Hand armour. (Yet to update Image)
05/09/18 : Update for XPiratez 0.99J6 - Added Custom GUI Images
28/06/18 : Update for XPiratez 0.99J2  - Added Defender (inc Damaged) and Guardian Suits - See Here for more info.
20/01/18 : Emergancy Patch for V0.99I1  Important - See Here for more info.
12/12/17 : Update for XPirates 0.99H3 - Naughty mod version now removed as no longer needed. (See Here for more info.)
18/09/17 : Update for XPirates 0.99H1 (See Here for more info.)
08/04/17 : Update for XPirates 0.99F5 (See Here for more info.)
23/03/17 : Update for XPirates 0.99F4 (See this reply)
17/01/17 : Update for XPirates 0.99E3 (See this reply)
25/11/16 : Now Compatable with XPirates 0.99E2, and fix for Naughty mod
20/07/16 : Update to fix Biker Chick (now a Variant), and have add Bootypedia entrys for all Armours.
30/06/16 : Now compatible with XPiratez 0.99
03/04/16 : New Version compatible with XPiratez 0.98B (V0.94E) (See Reply #92 for 098.C Hotpatch)
15/03/16 : Mix&Match function added - See Readme. Added Wyich (Voodoo) - Five Colours, Swimsuit - One Variant, Assiassin, Dragonfly and Stormy Armours.
21/01/16 : Default (Biker Chick V0.94A) added, Warrior replaced with updated version (V0.94A)
29/12/15 : Warrior V0.93
30/10/15 : Runt V0.92
21/10/15 : Superhero V0.91 - Sealed, Helmet Open and Helmet Off versions.
21/10/15 : Gym Gear : V0.91

« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:10:52 pm by Roxis231 »

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate Graphics for Piratez Extended
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 09:58:35 pm »
Curently working on the Runt outfit - here's the Work In Progress

Should I match the pouch colour or use the black/brown of the original?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 10:01:23 pm by Roxis231 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 11:00:56 pm »
Could be hard to keep to original colors due to limitations of the palette. Soft green for the webbing, sharp green for the cloth? Also notice how the cloth is much darker than pouches, pants much shorter & higher up, and top - narrowing towards the neck, maybe use the current Force Armor top for the general shape?

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 01:51:22 am »
Update on the Runt WIP - Finished First patten

Any Thoughts?

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 02:06:18 am »
Looks like good progress to have a stream-friendly version so as not to be frowned upon by streaming sites ToS and such.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 03:29:41 am »
Looks like good progress to have a stream-friendly version so as not to be frowned upon by streaming sites ToS and such.

De-fanging the cat, eh? Mass murder, fine, risky outfits, God help us all! :) But every streamer has his own tastes I guess, and de gustibus non disputandum!

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 03:58:21 am »
De-fanging the cat, eh? Mass murder, fine, risky outfits, God help us all! :) But every streamer has his own tastes I guess, and de gustibus non disputandum!

I have no issues but this is what I'm referring to:

Quote from: Twitch.tv Rules of Conduct
Sexually explicit acts or content: Nudity can't be a core focus or feature of the game in question and modded nudity is disallowed in its entirety. Occurrences in game are okay, so long as you do not make them a primary focus of your stream and only spend as much time as needed in the area to progress the game's story.

Adults-Oriented games: All games rated Adults Only (AO) by the ESRB are not permitted for broadcast on Twitch. For a complete list of games explicitly prohibited, please refer to our List of Prohibited Games.

Honestly, I have no idea if Twitch or equivalent streaming sites would block it as YouTube has no issues allowing Piratez Let's Play videos (as well as content that goes far beyond what Piratez depicts), but it doesn't hurt to have the option, right?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2015, 04:11:21 am »
Nah it wasn't about you, personally, or the idea to do this or that with the mod - the open source philosophy is precisely about the freedom to modify and build upon to anyone heart's content, and I wholeheartedly support it, it was just a general rant... Pants or no pants are imo just a matter of taste, the really risky content is when it's philosphy, ethics, morality...

Oh yeah and I like how these pouches turned out, but I think dark cloth, light pouches would probably look better. But it's too early to tell before the clothing is shaded.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 04:13:16 am by Dioxine »

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2015, 04:20:38 am »
Oh yeah and I like how these pouches turned out, but I think dark cloth, light pouches would probably look better. But it's too early to tell before the clothing is shaded.

I'm not very good at shadeing, so that might take a little while unless someone wants to do it for me.

Next progect is up

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 04:22:27 am by Roxis231 »

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2015, 10:12:06 am »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 01:03:58 pm »
Remind me why do we have to conform to Twitch, the Sauds or Kim Dzong Un's preferences?

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 01:18:56 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr8ljRgcJNM

American values, american values everywhere. Still the options does not hurt.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2015, 05:09:48 pm »
Thanks for reminding me this old piece, Zharkov :)

To be honest I am really happy this project appeared, options and forks are great - and with making their own forks, people are spared the harrowing experience of trying to work with me and my 'wonderful' personality :) Kudos to Roxis.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2015, 08:18:55 pm »
Sexually explicit acts or content: Nudity can't be a core focus or feature of the game in question and modded nudity is disallowed in its entirety. Occurrences in game are okay, so long as you do not make them a primary focus of your stream and only spend as much time as needed in the area to progress the game's story.

So Piratez being it's own game (It isn't really either of the original XCom, it is even its own master), its small amount of NSFW content is fine, right? 8)

I very much support this new work, of course! And look forward to being able to pick between various rendition of outfits for the gals. When do we get pieces so we can mix and match on our paper dolls? ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2015, 08:30:22 pm »
So Piratez being it's own game (It isn't really either of the original XCom, it is even its own master), its small amount of NSFW content is fine, right? 8)

That depends on what Firaxis is planning to do to OXCom. If OXCom is a fully open-source, unrelated project, that just happens to recreate some game mechanics and be compatible with that game's copyrighted assets (like it has been all the time), then Piratez, using a custom build, is more of a 'fork' (see Linux distribution model) than a 'mod' as described in the Twitch, as in, mod being user content altering a commercial product. However, if OXCom starts to be affiliated/faciliated by Firaxis, then my understanding is, all OXCom forks and mods would automatically become 'altered content' of Firaxis XCom brand, and thus subject to Firaxis official protests, and thus risky for Twitch if they are risky to Firaxis' image (potentially hurting their business). I repeat, this is just my understanding of how this works and I might be wrong.

PS. but it wouldn't hurt to always write that any Piratez videos aren't in any way endorsed by the British Royal Legion Firaxis :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 08:44:59 pm by Dioxine »