Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609539 times)

Offline Ragshak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99F - 4 Feb - Blood is Life
« Reply #3975 on: February 07, 2017, 10:38:47 pm »
Is there a way to disable weather system?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: February 07, 2017, 10:46:25 pm »
Not yet.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: February 08, 2017, 12:00:14 am »
Yet another reason to avoid ironman right now, as a reload might get you a more temperate map, at least with the cities

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: February 08, 2017, 01:57:20 am »
Neat mod, but its a bit of a headache understanding notoriety. The bootypedia could REALLY use some updating for this, with a whole post on actions that do / do not raise / lower notoriety (murdering civies, murdering factions, abducting x groups, slavery, ect) so the player can plan.

For instance, I have no clue if slavery, murdering factions, murdering civies or differences in civies, what they have as differences. Does killing a tough girl matter as much as a sharp guy? Does killing a priest raise or lower notoriety? Does genociding a warehouse make things worse? Is it ok to kill off security forces?? SO many questions, but no answers  :(

It would be REALLY nice, if posts for all relevant notoriety effecting things said what they did, with a [REP] tag, or something, and after interrogating a person, it also gives rep information for enslaving, ransoming, or killing someone....

I'm partially complaining because I cannot get past February of year 2, without getting -1000 or less, and I honestly don't have the slightest clue why, and its also aggravating that I don't even get an impossible to do raid mission, but merely get a game over screen, so I really feel like I had no control...I realize its the mechanics of xcom, but it feels a bit different when its not just the bill not getting paid, and the lights turned off due to beurocracy (in normal xcom) and instead a raid apparently so big, that none of my weapons, gear, or pirates, could hope to destroy it. It would be cool if that could be changed in the future, to be just a swarm of tanks and heavy equipped govt personnel, so its hard, but possible.

It MIGHT because I enslaved a bunch of people, it MIGHT be because i got too violent with temple raids and warehouse attacks, honestly I don't know, and not knowing is what makes it so much more aggravating. It would also help if I can see what kind of ship it is when I attack on the ground, as I'd like to not attack govt fighters, but I can't  find any distinguishing marks on the battles-cape, and by then, its kinda too late anyway

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #3979 on: February 08, 2017, 02:29:04 am »
Your slaving people has no negative consequences.  You are probably getting a big score hit from an enemy base going in, or a couple PeaceKeeping operations going on. 

Offline mumble

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: February 08, 2017, 03:05:16 am »
What? damn, and, what exactly am I supposed to do about these? It takes forever just to get a jetbike which can have the slightest chance of taking down a ship, so I really don't know how I'm supposed to counteract this...

Sorry if I'm seeming noob like, this mod is fun, but its the 2nd time I've failed in February, first because of the mutant aliance (those guys throw you under the bus unless you act as their bitch) and 2nd, everything was fine, few kills of civies, but still a -1000 score...

.. .. am I missing something to keep score up?

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: February 08, 2017, 04:19:20 am »
Any civilian, government or mutant alliance unit will lower rep, some smugglers will, slightly.  Anything that would lower your rep in x-com will lower notoriety here.  If you can get a jetbike out, you can get the pachyderm, it's not extremely big, but 9 (I think) hands used well can take out a base.  Your starting bus can work too.  The techniques for finding enemy bases is the same as with the original game, though your radar range tends to be lower for early ships.

Ways I know of to increase score early on: kill things, win missions and research.  Late game might add some other more passive ways to keep it up.

My understanding of the losing at negative notoriety is that they aren't afraid of you, and so they find out where your bases are and drop asteroids or nukes or whatever the star god equivalent is on them, no mercy and no chance of escape.

Edit

Another thing to keep in mind is that shooting down government ships or mutant alliance ships that are showing their colors is a sizable hit to your notoriety and shooting down stuff otherwise does give positive notoriety.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 04:26:09 am by khade »

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: February 08, 2017, 02:02:10 pm »
hands used well can take out a base.

This made me wonder...is there any way to gauge the difficulty of an enemy base? In vanilla xcom, enemy bases were somewhat late game occurences, so they were all big challenges to overcome...but given the much more stretched pacing of this mod, i assume enemy base occurences are spread out as well? If so, how much do early bases differ in difficulty from later ones, and is there a way for the player to know that in advance?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 06:32:39 pm by Foxhound634 »

Offline Kharim

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: February 08, 2017, 02:12:04 pm »
So, will Mercenary security be ever back? Or do I say goodbye to some of my most trusted auxilla?

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: February 08, 2017, 06:31:58 pm »
Hi

I think I found something very weird. I was playing my first month in 0.99F, did a watchtower, a shamble hunting, and a rodeo mission just fine, I escaped a desert academy outpost because of heat, but nonetheless I only have positive score. Then, end of the month arrive and I find that I have -900 in score!. I don´t understand why. I ignored the pogrom but in theory, pogrom before the respective research don´t reduce your points. The only culprit I can think of is this alien mission:

- type: STR_MISSION_MINING
    region: STR_SOUTHERN_AFRICA
    race: STR_FLOATER_INDUSTRIAL
    nextWave: 2
    nextUfoCounter: 0
    spawnCountdown: 2580
    liveUfos: 0
    uniqueID: 1
    missionSiteZone: -1

That because the lowest score comes from that region. This is new? This is supposed to happen?.

I attach two savegames. One is just after a hunting mission, and the other is beginning new month.

And... BTW. Just after the hunt mission, sometimes I get that interesting ship in the other picture attached. But I think those are pogrom ships.

Offline nrafield

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: February 08, 2017, 06:42:38 pm »
The score is pretty weird indeed...in the past versions I haven't had a problem retaining positive score even after a few years when I let 3 enemy bases exist at the same time. Admittedly, that was also about the time the regular crackdowns started spawning, and I was prepared enough to just shoot down the lighter ships and loot them.

I've also started a new playthrough and been a year so far without many problems. I DID wind up having a surprisingly negative score a few times, but it was nothing extreme (-500 is the least I've got)

And yes, that is a pogrom ship. Although, often they just despawn without anything happening.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: February 08, 2017, 07:40:32 pm »
The score is pretty weird indeed...in the past versions I haven't had a problem retaining positive score even after a few years when I let 3 enemy bases exist at the same time. Admittedly, that was also about the time the regular crackdowns started spawning, and I was prepared enough to just shoot down the lighter ships and loot them.

I've also started a new playthrough and been a year so far without many problems. I DID wind up having a surprisingly negative score a few times, but it was nothing extreme (-500 is the least I've got)

And yes, that is a pogrom ship. Although, often they just despawn without anything happening.

Them is a weird occurrence?. I play around a year and some more of 0.99E and never get a negative score, even after investigating the research that make pogrom give you negative score. That´s why is so weird for me to this happens, and in the first month more.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: February 08, 2017, 09:04:09 pm »
Ok, this is weird.

I make a new game. Activate debug mode. The first month only spawn a temple raid, and a pogrom. I get the have a party research, + a perfect (ctrl + k) temple raid. I did not went to the pogrom. Result. -77 on the first month. Again, this is normal? Sorry if I´m being a pain, maybe this is intended, but it looks weird for me.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: February 08, 2017, 09:07:44 pm »
Why is that weird?
Debug mode doesn't show you all UFOs flying around, you might have missed a lot of them...

And I guess you didn't research anything, otherwise you would have a higher score.

1/ Look at your starting save, what kinds of missions were generated
2/ After month end, look into the save where all the UFO activity was happening and how much points it generated... then it should probably start making sense
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:10:29 pm by Meridian »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: February 09, 2017, 02:07:22 am »
So it's possible I just haven't gotten it yet, but what research gives you information on the uber clothes? The research database thing doesn't say everything that is unlocked through a subject, and I have the blocked information thing on and don't intend to turn it off (amuses me too much). It just seems unreasonably hard to unlock so far.