aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3685023 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.98C - 17 Apr - Mad Mansion Missions!
« Reply #2280 on: April 17, 2016, 02:38:16 am »
Es tut mir leid, aber nicht.

Neu Version (0.98C)...
Brings about the titular 'mansions', in the sense of Mansion Invasion, a novelty 100% indoor mission where you're allowed only concealable items, and most of your available armor turns into maid uniforms for the time of the mission (except exotic stuff like Nurse, Seductress, Witch, Ghost and Arrancar Ragnarok). Lots of squishy enemies with weak weapons, but you have no armor, and the map is hellish... Still you can just simply grab what you can and make a cinematic escape from the roof!
To balance things out, also one new armor is added: thieving gear. It hits your stats bad but has sweet gfx by Bloax, fantastic carrying capacity and some secondary powers, the most important being it can be taken for any infiltration mission!

The selection of items for that mission is really easy now thanks to item tagging system (credit to Meridian!).

Tons and tons of loot items have been added, leading to some crafting changes. An immense amount of fixing and balancing all the stuff (armors, weapons, etc) followed, based on observations and forum feedback. Sight range has been rolled back to 20.

Endgame has been made easier by the ability to pay the Mercs a shipload of money to bring faction leaders to your doorstep.

As usual, for a full change list, see the first post.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: April 17, 2016, 03:36:39 am »
Neat! Just as I compiled a (hopefully working) new Linux version of Meridian's exe with extra stuff!

Now, I gotta ask again.. which version of OXCE+ is this? because in the archive, the date I get for the executable is 2016-03-27, which is way older than some of the changes that are already in (vision changes) and other stuff you mention (ex.: starting conditions is April 1st), but also some not so recent changes are  not taken into account by the ruleset (ex.: recover flags being used for the corpseGeo property, April 10th, but the ruleset which still has recover: false for things like STR_SECURITY_CORPSE).

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2282 on: April 17, 2016, 04:28:52 am »
Now, I gotta ask again.. which version of OXCE+ is this? because in the archive, the date I get for the executable is 2016-03-27

How come? It's 12 April exec

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: April 17, 2016, 04:45:50 am »
WOOT new version. Now someone explain to me in baby steps how to set view range back to 30.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: April 17, 2016, 05:11:27 am »
I don't know.. that's the date that's shown when I open the archive, unless I messed up.

But if you use the April 12th executable, doesn't that have the "check recover flag for corpses" function? (Meridian's feature list says it does) Which would mean that the corpses from Piratez_Factions.rul need to be set to recover: true ?

I guess I'll have to check in M

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: April 17, 2016, 06:07:45 am »
Witch and Ragnarok? I didn't expect THAT. Also, kudos on the new version!

A question: does the 'New month/mission rating system!' mean that I no longer should be afraid of the all-out military strike if I do poorly?

EDIT: also, this. More fitting than Ironman, I guess?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 06:18:14 am by greattuna »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2286 on: April 17, 2016, 07:12:58 am »
But if you use the April 12th executable, doesn't that have the "check recover flag for corpses" function? (Meridian's feature list says it does) Which would mean that the corpses from Piratez_Factions.rul need to be set to recover: true ?

It's taken care of.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2287 on: April 17, 2016, 07:27:51 am »
Heh!  I LOLed when I found Academicians had been renamed "Researchers"

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: April 17, 2016, 12:10:43 pm »
Had my (third) attempt of playing through Piratez (the first two were waaaaay back when XPiratez started) and finally I caught on to the game-flow and managed to have a small but effective base. Nice. Then in one split-second decision I went after a middle UFO and left only 4 wounded gals at the base and 2 parrots when ...TADA!....i had a base-defense mission.... ;D :o

Ouch. I lost the game, but it was so much fun. I have to congratulate you Dioxine, this mod is VERY stable and playable and enjoyable. I especially like the stability part.

I am using Meridians exe, btw, those new features are great.
Anyway, thanks to all involved.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 01:49:17 pm by new_civilian »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: April 17, 2016, 02:48:02 pm »
It's taken care of.

Alright, I notice now that the other corpses have the recover: false line removed. What confuse(d) me is that the STR_SECURITY_CORPSE still has it.

Offline superschokokeks

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: April 17, 2016, 03:17:34 pm »
Call me stupid, but what do I have to upgrade my version to the new one?
Just overwrite Pirate-mod-folder with the new one?

Which changes in savegame-fie?

Or copy just save-files in the new version savegame-folder?

I'm asking because in another thread is mention something similiar about a older version and I can't find something for the new

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: April 17, 2016, 03:47:30 pm »
WOOT new version. Now someone explain to me in baby steps how to set view range back to 30.

Locate file "piratez.rul". Open it with a text editor. Search for "maxViewDistance: 20". Change number to anything you like.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2292 on: April 17, 2016, 04:37:31 pm »
Alright, I notice now that the other corpses have the recover: false line removed. What confuse(d) me is that the STR_SECURITY_CORPSE still has it.

- Because it's a geo corpse (LOOT), not battle corpse.

- Max View Distance does no longer work since Meridian has removed that functionality from his .exe.

- For upgrading, it's always best to create a new folder, move you saves and configs (and UFO:EU files) there, then delete the old one once you're sure it works. It's true for Piratez and any other software. If there is any need to upgrade saves, there will be a note on the 'upgrading saves' thread.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 04:39:27 pm by Dioxine »

Offline superschokokeks

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: April 17, 2016, 04:43:57 pm »
Thx dioxine

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: April 17, 2016, 05:08:06 pm »
I ran the numbers on the new leather whip. That thing is powerful!
Don't get fooled by the low damage. It does choking damage and a lot of enemies have a x4 damage mod to choking. Vs these enemies, it can be the most effective stun weapon if your gal has good throwing skill. It should also be noted that it trains melee and reaction.
Don't use it on Osiron Security, those guys are immune to choking damage.

Totally wrong as it does stun damage and not choking.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 05:47:34 pm by Eddie »