aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609601 times)

Offline superschokokeks

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.98B - 31 Mar - I Can See My House From Here!
« Reply #2235 on: April 14, 2016, 09:53:38 am »
That was bugging me.

I got crackdowns from multiple factions and one load from another everything was gone. Everything seems come to an end and a whole month nearly nothing. I got crackdowns over month! and I did the same as last month. So I don't know. it seems they are flying again this month slowly.

Seems just very odd to me.

I think I really stop asking things and play and maybe say something if it's a real problem...

Offline Boltgun

• Colonel
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
    • Piratez let's play
« Reply #2236 on: April 14, 2016, 10:05:17 am »
After a while you get one crackdown a month. Other missions caused by your interception are added on top of that.

Offline superschokokeks

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 14, 2016, 01:31:35 pm »
Now I have slavery and Diplomacy and can't research interrogation technique..
confusing. I shouldn't look at the tech reviewer, I think

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 14, 2016, 02:41:31 pm »
okay i can now vouch for weird things happening to crackdowns after a base attack. I had multiple attack craft inbound to bases but after the first ground. battle they all vanished as well the 3 or so crackdown search ships.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 14, 2016, 03:45:46 pm »
okay i can now vouch for weird things happening to crackdowns after a base attack. I had multiple attack craft inbound to bases but after the first ground. battle they all vanished as well the 3 or so crackdown search ships.

This is 100% correct and vanilla.
After a successful base defense, the entire crackdown mission is removed from the game including any UFOs, which may still exist on the globe.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2240 on: April 14, 2016, 04:23:53 pm »
This is 100% correct and vanilla.
After a successful base defense, the entire crackdown mission is removed from the game including any UFOs, which may still exist on the globe.

Ah, so I misunderstood: thought that the other Battleships reach your base and then disappear... I wonder where I got it from.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: April 14, 2016, 04:41:56 pm »
So are all crackdowns the same mission? I had Mercenary, Academy, and Star Gods all on base strike runs to separate targets. Traders and humanists where doing the swarm thing in asia and south America respectively. One failed landing and everybody says fuck it and teleports off the globe? Given that these are themed as distinct factions this behavior ill fits the mod IMO. 

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: April 14, 2016, 05:15:19 pm »
So are all crackdowns the same mission? I had Mercenary, Academy, and Star Gods all on base strike runs to separate targets. Traders and humanists where doing the swarm thing in asia and south America respectively. One failed landing and everybody says fuck it and teleports off the globe? Given that these are themed as distinct factions this behavior ill fits the mod IMO.

Say, friend, you want 10 base defenses in a row? Without rest?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: April 14, 2016, 05:31:52 pm »

No, they are separate missions.
Only one mission should disappear, not all of them... do you have a save to debug?

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: April 14, 2016, 05:40:45 pm »
No, they are separate missions.
Only one mission should disappear, not all of them... do you have a save to debug?

You mean faction-separate?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: April 14, 2016, 06:03:46 pm »
I am trying to capture a good save to debug. I have been as yet unsuccessful at reproducing the multiple factions active at once. And my closet save is 2 game weeks away from the incident. Will update when i have a good candidate.

Offline greattuna

• Colonel
  • No range like point blank range.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: April 14, 2016, 10:30:42 pm »
I expected new, shiny thunderhorse to have doors, and forgot to equip not-new-but-not-veteran-either gals with smoke grenades. Result? Two death spore missiles into runway, on turn 1, while I was trying to maneouver somebody to throw a smoke.

I love this game and this mod.

Offline Hazard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: April 15, 2016, 07:50:11 pm »
A quick question about chryssalids: are they just as deadly in Piratez as they are in original X-com/unmodded OpenXcom, i.e. one-hit kill through every armor? Just asking so I don't end up doing something stupid like throwing a bunch of melee gals against them. :P

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: April 15, 2016, 08:00:48 pm »
Yup, pretty much ;)

Also worth nothing, since you are using melee, that melee doesn't prompt reactions, so if you can get up to one, you are free to swing at it until you kill it (or run out of TUs..)  But beware, stepping in front of a melee unit can trigger it to react to your movement and, in the case of a chryssalid, turn you into a zombie. So better try it from the back (which also reduces their melee dodge, probably, meaning you are more likely to hit).

It's not a very good tactic, but with good melee gals it can work. Especially if you have flying armor and can "lift off" before running out of TUs, thus making yourself immune to the chryssalid's retribution as it can't hit a flying enemy.

Offline Hazard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: April 15, 2016, 08:40:16 pm »
Ok, thanks for the warning. I have to say, lids slashing through the heaviest of heavy armors has always been a bit jarring to me and I was hoping that might have been toned down a notch in Piratez. So far melee has felt like a fairly strong option for the player, but it seems to me "classic" style chryssalids are pretty much a hard counter to that. Ah well.