aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609499 times)

Offline Samscale1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] Piratez Extended - 0.92 - 25 Jun
« Reply #435 on: July 24, 2015, 09:47:06 pm »
Gosh I feel so inept. Im not used to having prerequisites for facilities once I've unlocked them.  I'll tty figure out what they are couldn't see it in the bootypedia entry but I'm a notorious skim reader

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 25, 2015, 10:40:42 pm »
 Dioxine, why Church nophyte and reverred are impossible to enslave? Just curious. Contrabandists too, but i read your answer about them. I think also Deep One warriors culd be nice slaves, there is plenty of those sometimes. "alien slave" class of slaves or something like that.  Sorry for english, im not good in it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 10:42:35 pm by LexThorn »

Offline Highsenburg

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 26, 2015, 06:05:58 pm »
First off I love this mod and thank you very much to the maker of this fine product. lol

But I have a question?  Anyone know how to produce the lower tier of laser ammo? I know its says that I can produce it but I can't find any wheres to produce them.

Offline LexThorn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 26, 2015, 08:48:48 pm »
First off I love this mod and thank you very much to the maker of this fine product. lol

But I have a question?  Anyone know how to produce the lower tier of laser ammo? I know its says that I can produce it but I can't find any wheres to produce them.

Needs power station. read bootypedia cearfully.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:51:30 pm by LexThorn »

Offline Highsenburg

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 26, 2015, 09:32:59 pm »
Where would one get a power station?

Offline Samscale1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 26, 2015, 09:58:19 pm »
Where would one get a power station?

Not sure what unlocks it in the research tree exactly, but its not too difficult to come by. I got it way before I got laser ammo manufacturing. Research stuff that you think might lead to it. Experimenting with new research options is half the fun.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #441 on: July 27, 2015, 01:48:40 pm »
Starting to experiment with Sectoid vessels... I want them to have a different, "scavenger" look. First tries:

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 27, 2015, 03:19:32 pm »
I was expecting something more like Raider ship interior (love that one) or some kind of assymetric multi level labyrinth.
Those guys are feral abandoned Sectiods, right?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #443 on: July 27, 2015, 03:48:36 pm »
Yeah and chaotic labirynth sounds cool. I just need to make various furniture to make this less boring...

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
« Reply #444 on: July 28, 2015, 12:12:23 am »
Maybe a "dirtier" version of some smuggler ship interiors to invoke that feral alien vibe.

The dark tone looks good but feels a bit clean for wild sectoids.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #445 on: July 28, 2015, 12:45:50 pm »
Maybe a "dirtier" version of some smuggler ship interiors to invoke that feral alien vibe.

The dark tone looks good but feels a bit clean for wild sectoids.

Well, I don't know about this. Raiders are just random individuals coming from various mutant backgrounds who do their best to get money, sex and drugs fast while not murdering each other too much. Sectoids, on the other hand, are a cohesive culture with hundreds of years of history; they are born, grow up, live and die in these ships and settlements. Plus they are not very strong/resilient physically, and they seem to be organized by nature.

What I'm trying to say is that they probably wouldn't be ones to allow trash around their ships. It would be unhealthy, lazy and unprofessional to do it on the daily basis. Sectoids do not seem exactly feral to me, they're more like badass Jawas Zone Stalkers, and they need to uphold their image. :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 01:16:14 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #446 on: July 28, 2015, 01:05:11 pm »
Yeah they're not really "wild" or "feral", more like abandoned castaways who almost got wiped out due to tech supplies being cut off and imminent crisis linked to their reliance on tech for feeding and reproduction. Otoh they became inependent, and they DO have big brains. I don't want to spoil too much, though.

About the slavery - who can be enslaved and who cannot is my arbitrary choice. I have no time to write a separate story on why this or that of a couple dozens enemies who cannot be enslaved, cannot be enslaved.
Deep ones, for one, would make shitty slaves - they're alien, they are religious fanatics, they hate all land dwellers, they don't like to work (unless inspired by their Gods), they're stupid, they're hard to communicate with.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #447 on: July 28, 2015, 01:18:21 pm »
"Cap'n, this one still be breathin'. Shall we put'em to some work?"
"Nah, they be stupid and lazy. Finish'em all, gals."

suchgrimdark.jpg

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 28, 2015, 01:22:30 pm »
In my vision those year 2600 Sectoids are remnants of Sectoid race abandoned by Star Gods after Earth was conqered.
Star Empire just didnt need Sectoids after the plan was complete - there may be various reasons:
 it may have been too hard to transport them all elsewhere.
 or may be they were too specialized and adapted only to Earh conditions. Like, built specifically to conquer Earth, Sectoids werent needed on other battle fronts of Star Empire.
 or Star Empire considered benefits of having a loyal population of Sectoids on Earth, to quell rebellions (or put a stop to growth of particular Piratez Enterprize in this particular situation) and sow terror and chaos in general population. But didnt really bother to support them with weapons or really anything until a need for Sectoids would arise again.

As a genengineered race those Sectoids need special machinery to survive (to produce alien food and to reproduce at least), so their ships are built and rebuilt (600 years of maintenance) around this machinery. By year 2600 most of the machinery was destroyed or just didnt stand the test of time, so every single one is a prized possession of one of feral Sectoid clans or ship communities. They might even fight over a machinery, or, in case of some communities, build a religious cult around it.

edit: got a reply while I was writing that.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #449 on: July 28, 2015, 01:30:38 pm »
In my vision those year 2600 Sectoids are remnants of Sectoid race abandoned by Star Gods after Earth was conqered.
Star Empire just didnt need Sectoids after the plan was complete - there may be various reasons:
 it may have been too hard to transport them all elsewhere.

IMO that was the main reason - it was cheaper to breed new Sectoids on other fronts of the galactic war than to relocate the Earth ones there. Star Gods just threw them away and assumed they're going to die off anyway, and even if not, they won't be any problem to the Empire (which is the case). So nowadays Sectoids are just another people trying to survive in the cesspool of Earth. They lack strategic weapons or industry to be dangerous. They are too independent and resentful to be useful.