Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3613013 times)

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N2 Apocalyptic Edition 22-Oct-2022
« Reply #8640 on: October 25, 2022, 03:20:59 pm »
It is due to cities lore submod. There has bern a posted fix on Matrix but not here.

Hope it helps.

Offline JamTheDane

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: October 25, 2022, 11:20:12 pm »
Not a dev, but can you elaborate a bit?

Does the crash occurs when you try to start the game, or does the game crashes during the run when you research the Dark Trooper and the game fails to give you a freebie Rio?

If the former, my own fresh-install works fine, if the latter I might have to abandon my current run and turn off the City Lore mod.

Game crashes on startup, cant even get to the menu screen without disabling the Cities Lore submod in the config file.
Give the error
[25-10-2022_22-15-50]   [ERROR]   During linking rulesets of research:
Error processing 'STR_DARK_TROOPER' in research: Unknown research 'STR_RIO_DE_JANEIRO'

Code: [Select]
It is due to cities lore submod. There has bern a posted fix on Matrix but not here.
Hope it helps.

Thanks, I'll try to look into it. You have a link to it?
Sadly, the attached ruleset file did not fix the crash. I tried the same myself, but neither that, or removing the "STR_DARK_TROOPER" entry entirely fixes it :(
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 11:25:31 pm by JamTheDane »

Offline AuEllai

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8642 on: October 26, 2022, 11:26:34 am »
I had the same problem and then use the attached file from Iazo and it worked fine.

You have to replace the Research.rul in the city lore mod, not the main Piratez Research.rul

Offline Drago888

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: October 26, 2022, 11:48:18 am »
Did anyone encounter the attached error when activating the mod

Piratez cities lore

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: October 26, 2022, 01:12:07 pm »
I had the same problem and then use the attached file from Iazo and it worked fine.

You have to replace the Research.rul in the city lore mod, not the main Piratez Research.rul

I don't think Piratez even has a separate Research.rul, it seemed to be baked into Piratez.rul.

Did anyone encounter the attached error when activating the mod

Piratez cities lore

Download the research.rul file posted at the top of this page and replace/overwrite the one in Cities lore mod with it.

Offline Drago888

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8645 on: October 26, 2022, 02:07:12 pm »
I don't think Piratez even has a separate Research.rul, it seemed to be baked into Piratez.rul.

Download the research.rul file posted at the top of this page and replace/overwrite the one in Cities lore mod with it.

Thanks Shinr, it's working now after replacing the cities lore research.rul

Offline JamTheDane

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: October 26, 2022, 10:30:45 pm »
Ok, finally fixed it.
Turns out that if you have tried to run the game with the error filled research.rul, it imports something and keep messing up.

A new fresh copy of the game, copying over the mods, savegames configs, and research.rul BEFORE starting the game for the first time fixed it.

Thanks for the help all.

Offline ldath

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8647 on: October 29, 2022, 08:56:34 pm »
Hi,

I have strange problem with a mele combat. Just started a new game after many years to see how it was improved and mele is from my perspective bugged. By example I'm trying to attack enemy with the hammer, I'm looking at the enemy choosing attack action and targetting enemy. My unit is during attack action changing where is looking and attack or the air or even my other own unit. Is this normal??? With this from my perspective any mele weapon is just no go or I'll need save load each action what is even more crazy.

Also enemy was called white shambler and was at a size of a tank. When attacking enemy of the size of person other mele weapons than hammer looks like working normal.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 09:13:59 pm by ldath »

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: October 29, 2022, 09:52:14 pm »
@ldath

the hammer is kind of "ranged" weapon, it's attack is a snap shot. Therefore hammer attacks follow the CQC rules (which you can disable somewhere)
if you attack the shambler with a knife or an axe, this won't happen. The hammer is mostly useful for bashing walls

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8649 on: October 30, 2022, 12:22:02 am »
the hammer is kind of "ranged" weapon, it's attack is a snap shot.

The Sledgehammer was my favorite melee weapon in Fallout 1. Even though it was slower it would often knock enemies back and it did 4-12 damage plus strength bonus. It would even knock back large size molerat critters on a critical hit.

edit - I just did my first death dungeon and destroyed the carnodemon with 2 hits from the Hammer you're given, no other slashing or punching. Managed to get both of them off without missing. But her melee skill was over 130.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 03:32:00 am by RSSwizard »

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: November 10, 2022, 11:01:56 pm »
Can someone explain to me what exactly does:

"- OXCE feature: XCOM Apocalypse-style soldier equipping option (on by default)"

mean? I vaguely recall Xapoc having a drag-and-drop equipping (instead of the UFO/XCOM "click to pick, click to place" approach). But I don't think that's what the point above refers to.

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8651 on: November 11, 2022, 12:14:01 am »
If you are copying your settings to new version, than this option will be "off".
Go to advanced settings and look for it.
With this you will be able to equip soldiers from "hands" menu. All equipment assigned to that soldier will be automatically loaded to a craft when you assign that soldier to it.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: November 11, 2022, 10:53:50 am »
Thanks, that's an insanely cool option! :)

Offline Gremlion

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: December 01, 2022, 10:33:13 pm »
This feels like a happy start of a new run, spartan landing in February. So pumped about the new armor, I feel like it needs a shrine.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: December 03, 2022, 10:48:02 am »
Congratulinations, that's one of the most impactful landings you can get.