Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610089 times)

Online Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - M3 28-Nov-2021 The Planet of Rust
« Reply #8280 on: December 17, 2021, 02:00:35 pm »
I believe crafts should be immune to hunter killers on return trip, makes up for not being able to take control of them.
I believe they are ignored by HK if returning from a mission. I have the latest Piratez (Dioxine_XPiratez_M3.2.1.rar), and latest OXCE nightly (here, sort by date) running.

Offline teddybbeer

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: December 17, 2021, 06:58:55 pm »
well... doh  :o

Offline pilkington

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: December 17, 2021, 10:42:23 pm »
Hi guys, long time lurker here.

I'm giving another go to xpiratez and playing a new game, and after reaching the codex choice, I went if red, but didn't received any itens after completing the workshop project, did I do anything wrong?

I just saw that in the research hree there's a project called Tiny Drill dep.2, but it shows as unavailable now. How can i get my itens?

Thanks

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8283 on: December 18, 2021, 04:26:58 am »
So you did Use Drill (RED) in the workshop, and didn't receive any AGGRESSOR or Gothic rayguns, etc?  And you checked the right base? Just trying to narrow things down here.  I just did the gold drill project and everything checked out, and I don't think red is randomly bugged in this version.  Most people seem to like red so a bug probably would've been found.

Edit: Also, I'm having the general experience as teddybbeer as well on jack sparrow.  Just a slow lurching along until inevitable doom. 

The impacts of a bunch of new difficulties all add up.

-Heavy general economy nerfs (-40%)
-Vastly decreased grog profitability (~-70%)
-Lost income from score (~1 million every month from score, relative to what you would've gotten)
-Reduced gambling
-Inability to sell glamour due to the C badge costing 200

Basically it amounts to mostly just breaking even supporting 6 brainers despite choosing gold codex and selling literally all of it (hull and flame cannon included), with basically no ability to make your own income.  Usually by end of april I have ~13 brainers, two bases or 1 and missile defense, 90 runts, and a few million of random junk that I don't want to sell, and ~3-5k score a month.  Now it's 6 brainers, 70 runts, one extra base that I can barely afford plantations on, and a score of -400.

If you can break through this you probably survive, but one of the larger missile strikes OR a single hunter killer strike, and it's over, and there's honestly not much you can do about it really.

It's a little much really.  I've since just downgraded to a new save with davy jones and will see how that goes.  Could use a break from giant swarms of enemies anyways :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 02:59:10 am by Greep »

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: December 18, 2021, 09:24:46 pm »
I finally finished game on hardest.
The graveyard of my crew in three time larger than any of the hideouts.
The team was sorted and improved though thousands of battles.
Final crew of 8 gals, 8 Syns, 3 loks (flying in hovers), 8 Destroids (as meat shield and detectors) and 4 Chorts (Sense detectors)
Cydonia base was taken less than 10 turns in total.

And I loaded last save, just to think - what I can do else? I remembered one thing - Silver towers. Previously it was enough just one attempt to attack it. My ships didn't even scratch it.
But now! I got SUPERTEAM!
It took 7 bases with 14 (!) Crafts, which can at least catch up Silver Towers.
I shot it down, I start a mission, and what i see?
Levitating piece of metal.
It even has no inner components - just walls and 12 Star gods in white mantles.

Loot? Oh yeah. 200 hellerium and few corpses.
It was heavy disappointment ...

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8285 on: December 19, 2021, 05:08:52 am »
The towers is quite the suck its intended as the final fallback option for the stargod code key as it always has the VIP unlike other craft, so much like other fallback of last resort in the mod it sucks noodle.

In the air game it's a matter of bringing first a nuff tesla cannons to outpace and break the very fast regenerating shield, then another flight for the hull once it is down. Virtually nothing else works that your likely to have. the other option is mass Gatling lascannons but since you can't build those from scratch you rarely have the 6+ you need.

Offline pilkington

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: December 21, 2021, 02:34:51 am »
So you did Use Drill (RED) in the workshop, and didn't receive any AGGRESSOR or Gothic rayguns, etc?  And you checked the right base? Just trying to narrow things down here.  I just did the gold drill project and everything checked out, and I don't think red is randomly bugged in this version.  Most people seem to like red so a bug probably would've been found.

Yep, exactly. I managed to fix it though. I reloaded a save from a previous month, finished the project again on the workshop, and this time all the items showed up, so i guess it was a bug all along.

Offline Interdictor

• Sergeant
  • AC-Incendiary! Let autocannon burn again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8287 on: December 21, 2021, 11:04:24 pm »
I must admit I don't like how laser shots looks with new effects. Things like flaming drops from thrown Molotov is just amazing but laser shots now looks like.. fireworks maybe. Lasers supposed to be sharp and thin, like a beam, that's what I'm used to see in X-com since my childhood  :'(

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8288 on: December 22, 2021, 11:31:50 pm »
Playing on davy jones, this feels very doable, but I tried one final time on jack sparrow out of curiosity, and it just gets silly very quick. 

This is april after I just gave up midway and wanted to see how much score loss happens if I just let the game run.  So I think I'm losing ~6000 a month, or 2 million credits from score.  In march, I had 8 brainers, too :O

Edit:  For comparison, this is july on an L2 save if I let it run (~-1500, months later)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 11:56:55 pm by Greep »

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: December 23, 2021, 10:31:06 pm »
It's doable, but JS is not about lollygagging.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8290 on: December 23, 2021, 11:32:26 pm »
I'm sure it's technically possible.  But I don't see how to really make enough money personally: got nowhere near enough doing missions, selling everything from gold codex and getting a farm base and two extractors for chateau in february. 

The only way I can think of is if there's some way of shooting down a crapton of ships and I'm just not seeing how it's possible without some weird gimmick like a piranha with green codex's charger laser straddling max range, and savescumming like no tomorrow.  But most of the ninja ships have armor anyways.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Maybe I'll try green codex sometime after I fool round a bit on davy jones.

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: December 24, 2021, 12:00:47 pm »
On hardest, the way I get enough money (even with last update and getting my 12 clones from Cleopatra) is simple, but boring:
1. Something non-hunter flying.
1.1 SAVE!
2. Set airbus to follow.
3. If it lands - PROFIT.
3.1 If airbus run out fuel, load, go to 1.1

First three month my gals was out of freshness almost 100% of time.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: December 25, 2021, 09:30:36 pm »
Yeah that's definitely one way of doing it :D Xcom's been more of a roll with the punches game for me, though.

Anyways, green codex for sure is great now.  I found out the bandit zeppelins were one of the major sources of this huge score tanking since they stay in the air so long, so having a way of shooting them down in march is great.  Thunderbolts can be shot down in an aircar with the charger laser pretty risk free too.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8293 on: December 27, 2021, 12:43:20 pm »
so i survived my first year, but didn't have any luck in getting the shadowmasters tech.
Solution: build a buckaroo
Problem: the game won't let me strap 25mm guns on it despite having light weapon slots
am i misreading sth?

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8294 on: December 27, 2021, 01:14:00 pm »
Yeah, light weapons got split into light and "ground", of which the buckaroo uses ground instead.  Early game this is just 14mm chainguns, gotten from necroparts recycling.  So you'll need an aircar for now or something.  Or use airballs (DV) I guess.

Regarding shadowmasters:  Apparently you can get it fairly quickly from repeated mohawk interrogations now.  Still expensive as heck, though.

Edit:  Also earthquake, dang those assault clones are nice.  They're expensive but I've found they make up for it with more captures.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 03:27:22 pm by Greep »