Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609474 times)

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - L2 - 21 May - Blood And Skulls
« Reply #7740 on: June 12, 2020, 06:33:52 pm »
For my end, megapol scrubs are armed with plasma guns.
Feels KEKW

xcomfan

« Reply #7741 on: June 12, 2020, 07:30:23 pm »
Just trivia: actually ccom apocalypse featured some megapol issued hardware, check here, so seeing these in xpiratez might be cool. If these are in robin's mod "from the apocalypse" might be featured also in here?

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: June 12, 2020, 10:32:12 pm »
For my end, megapol scrubs are armed with plasma guns.
Feels KEKW
Megapol tends to adopt plasma after the first year, though some might retain the earlier weapons.

xcomfan

« Reply #7743 on: June 12, 2020, 10:38:23 pm »
Megapol tends to adopt plasma after the first year, though some might retain the earlier weapons.

Ok but please make them throw away that niner! It's second hand trash!!  :) ;D

Edit: another thing, as of L2 Light machinegun is needed to unlock krazy hanna's contact research, but you have to be lucky to stumble upon it. How about to change that?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 05:38:31 pm by xcomfan »

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: June 14, 2020, 04:50:17 am »
you can also get the research from gun almanacs, and lmgs aren't uncommon in prepper boxes.

xcomfan

« Reply #7745 on: June 14, 2020, 06:52:25 pm »
you can also get the research from gun almanacs, and lmgs aren't uncommon in prepper boxes.

Searched more that five/siz times, but once again i was unlucky  :'(

Also military and police shotgun should have switched their stat, i assume bacause te military one is supposed to be superior?

And enemy armored cars and vehicle in general may get a lil simbol that shows that have been damaged, like happens with living units who get a couple of blood drops?

And somtimes these vehicles get way too much overbearing!!

;D >:( :( :o

« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 06:56:41 pm by xcomfan »

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: June 15, 2020, 12:33:48 am »
The police shotgun and the military shotgun are good at different things, they really don't need their stats swapped. Police shotgun allows for better range whereas the military shotgun allows for quicker firing. Also police shotgun can't use AP rounds.

xcomfan

« Reply #7747 on: June 15, 2020, 03:33:23 pm »
Some observations:

1) As for crazy hanna contact, i'd propose that gun emporium unlocks it, may be more fair and make more sense i guess. Probably it's an important point because without middle-heavy weapons player won't be able to engage even middle tier enemies. Other possible solution is to replace it with the assault machinegun, more common by far than the light one.

2) Austere dress should get at least a 2x1 pouch as it is now it's nearly unusable, even castaway outfit allows to carry more stuff (see example screenshot attached).

3) Turtle should not be a codex craft, but a black market one, in its bootypedia description it's told it was hidden by the thiefs, so it has to be unlocked after some research.

4) low-res radar, hi-res radar and overcharged radar should be allowed to be built one on top of another, making these upgradable facilities.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 04:57:15 pm by xcomfan »

Offline stax77

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7748 on: June 15, 2020, 07:05:35 pm »

And enemy armored cars and vehicle in general may get a lil simbol that shows that have been damaged, like happens with living units who get a couple of blood drops?

Just in case you didn't know, the blood drops do not show that the unit has been damaged, but that it is bleeding(has fatal wounds).
It is possible for a living unit to be damaged without any blood drops symbol being shown. Vehicles never show the symbol because they do not bleed.

xcomfan

« Reply #7749 on: June 15, 2020, 07:40:07 pm »
Just in case you didn't know, the blood drops do not show that the unit has been damaged, but that it is bleeding(has fatal wounds).
It is possible for a living unit to be damaged without any blood drops symbol being shown. Vehicles never show the symbol because they do not bleed.

Thanks, i know, i'd like to see a similar thing on enemy mechanical vehicles, be these wheeled or not  :)

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7750 on: June 15, 2020, 08:59:58 pm »
If you want to know if you damaged an enemy, on L2, it flashes different colors upon hit depending on what is being damaged and how (note that armor damage is included). Additionally you can press ctrl + h following a hit assuming there is no reaction fire. Alternatively, use Brainer outfit/Mine Probes.

xcomfan

« Reply #7751 on: June 15, 2020, 09:47:49 pm »
If you want to know if you damaged an enemy, on L2, it flashes different colors upon hit depending on what is being damaged and how (note that armor damage is included). Additionally you can press ctrl + h following a hit assuming there is no reaction fire. Alternatively, use Brainer outfit/Mine Probes.

I know also that, i'd prefer a more simple and straightforward approach using the middle mouse click on an enemy unit; an icon of cracked gear might be fine...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 09:50:54 pm by xcomfan »

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: June 15, 2020, 10:12:54 pm »
What weapons are common tends to change based on who you're fighting and luck.  We'd need far more than a single run to determine that a weapon that's used to unlock a merchant is too rare for the purpose.

That's likely why we have things like the gun almanac, incidentally.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7753 on: June 15, 2020, 10:15:46 pm »

Or ctrl-alt-h to list hits since start of the round.

xcomfan

« Reply #7754 on: June 16, 2020, 04:43:19 pm »
But in the bounty level D mission "sins of the father" pirate outfits should not be allowed, the church would alarm is seeing someone dressed like so? As of L2 it's still so  :-\

Edit: as for the turtle, it might be unlocked after some reseach involved bandits, or automatically when completed the topic !bandit business!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 06:47:07 pm by xcomfan »