aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609223 times)

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J5 - 11 Jun - Applied Chromatics
« Reply #7065 on: July 19, 2019, 07:44:02 pm »
The 531 432 764 speed "ships" are actually "Comm Waves" as revealed when you get the hyperwave decoder. These aren't actually ships but signify a ground based assault by the faction they are associated with.

WOW!  Thank You! I saved your message as I'll have to remember this!!

Offline Ciruil

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J5 - 11 Jun - Applied Chromatics
« Reply #7066 on: July 20, 2019, 08:51:23 am »
Some outfits has "Extra XP (number)" in description. How it working?

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: July 20, 2019, 06:06:18 pm »

They just get more XP for actions that yield XP. Quite simple.

Offline Ciruil

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: July 20, 2019, 06:33:09 pm »
They just get more XP for actions that yield XP. Quite simple.
Its obviously, but how more? Is (+15) = +15%?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 06:38:10 am by Ciruil »

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: July 21, 2019, 03:27:15 am »
Superman/ironman:

Mutant alliance urgently called us, because a humanist pogrom on their land and they threatened -1000 infamy loss, if we refuse to help. I went there and fired two Chinese Dragon rockets. Despite that and 4-5 humanists going berserk or crazy they came pouring out.

After we were only four, my best two fighters were shot unconscious. One of the remaining Gals picked them up and started running back to the ship, while the other tried cover-fire with her assault grenade launcher. The Gal carrying my two best fighters were shot dead in 2 turns - my super-best skilled Gal didn't make it either in her arms - and the only survivor jumped quickly to save one alive Gal from the heap of three bodies. She managed to run back to the ship, fire one last grenade into the smoke clouds and we blasted off...  Score: Infamy Disaster -1000  :D
I developed an intense hatred for humanists. They wiped out entire crews of mine before.

Shortly before this I shot down a ship, which turned out to be armored zombies with Light Cannons. They wiped my squad, - I didn't pack fire or chem weapons, arrggh - and the last survivor ran back into the ship with one zombie right behind her. She blasted off and arrived back to base: the zombie with her was nowhere to seen..
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 03:30:11 am by mercy »

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: July 21, 2019, 12:49:45 pm »
Its obviously, but how more? Is (+15) = +15%?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, since each action counts as 1, neither +15 nor +15% would make sense. This bonus is most likely -15% to number of actions required for max stat increase (and appropriate rounding for steps in between). The usual brackets are 1,5,10,11, so with a - 15% they could be for example 1, 4, 8, 9+ (no idea which way rounding is handled in this case). This would result in faster training as less actions are required to get the better skill improvement rolls.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: July 21, 2019, 01:51:34 pm »

From the intro in Yankes_Scripts.rul:
# Bonus Secondary Stats - Extra RNG roll to get secondary stats at end of mission:
# returnFromMissionUnit - offset: 1
#
#   If a unit gains experience during the mission, its armor is checked for the tag
#   ARMOR_GAINS_EXTRA_SECONDARY_STATS_PERCENT. If set, then for each of time units,
#   stamina, health, and strength, the difference between the unit's current stats
#   and the max for the soldier type is checked. If below the cap, then a RNG roll
#   between 0 and the difference between current and the cap, modified by the
#   percent value of the tag, capped at a minimum of 1, is made and added to the
#   unit's stats.

Stat gain is on top of regular stat gain and can be quite significant. The gain is better for lower stats.
Example: You have a rookie with 40 stamina, where the cap is 140. She wears a gymsuit which gives 10% extra xp. If she gained any xp during the mission, she will get 0 to 10 extra stamina. That is calculated from cap (140) minus current (40) = 100, modified by 10% -> 10. So RNG rolls from 0 to 10.

The extreme case: swimsuit and underwater mission (+20%xp), same 40 stamina rookie with 140 cap. Maximum possible gain - Regular stamina gain of 11, gain from extra xp 20 for a total of 31.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 01:55:29 pm by Eddie »

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: July 21, 2019, 06:43:50 pm »
Lokk'Naar Caves question:

Where only these diminutive people fit into: are there secret rooms only to be found by digging with a pickaxe?

Mushrooms?
I keep finding Ghastly Shroom, Uber Helmet, Red Cap. What are these for?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 07:19:39 pm by mercy »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: July 21, 2019, 08:07:08 pm »
Where only these diminutive people fit into: are there secret rooms only to be found by digging with a pickaxe?

Always have 1x pickaxe on board to punch through rocks. It saves trouble. Also invest into aye-phones to scan for enemies.

Ghastly Shroom, Uber Helmet, Red Cap are materials needed for cooking various food.

You can sell the final product for money. Usually some kind of rare meat is involved.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: July 22, 2019, 12:06:38 am »

Always have 1x pickaxe on board to punch through rocks. It saves trouble. Also invest into aye-phones to scan for enemies.

Ghastly Shroom, Uber Helmet, Red Cap are materials needed for cooking various food.

You can sell the final product for money. Usually some kind of rare meat is involved.

ArrghH!! Aye Phone!! Gawd I'll make or order one right away!  Thank You!!

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: July 22, 2019, 01:40:58 pm »
You can use pirate bloodhounds and dogs as an alternative to aye-phones as long as you can offer enough space in the squad.
Those dreaded ratman caves usually costs me 1-2 Lokk'nars just by RNG of low-rolling shotgun pellet dmg.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: July 23, 2019, 08:35:17 am »
Hi.

What is the deal with the scorpion craft almost always spanning enemies just next to it. Ok, I know the description says that it can land just above their heads, but does not you think this is like an exaggeration? In the end... it is useful when you are way over your enemies tech, but not much else. Or it is that the scorpion is not really intended for ground assault?

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: July 23, 2019, 09:35:05 am »
Hi.

What is the deal with the scorpion craft [..]

I was surprised at the scorpion having the worst layout for ground assault. Metallo and similar layout ships are very "Meh!" a bad design job, while I found the fantastic Bat the best ground assault craft = Gals can climb on its wings, have great tactical oversight and merrily shoot away!!

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: July 23, 2019, 11:03:35 am »
I understand the decisions, the mod direction is trying to discourage camping. I think the windows in the airbus/aircar/airvan was a good direction. But I get the impression that for some crafts, the push is just too much. Scorpion is maybe one example. The other are trucks. Yes, I know, it is an very early tech, medium capacity trooper transport, and it have a turret, but it has holes and lights everywhere. Is an open craft, it is not precisely the perfect camping craft.

Continuing on scorpion. Yes, it is red code. With this code, you should be thinking about killing, and having 2-3 enemies next to the craft allows you quick killing it. But offers almost no cover whatsoever,  and I was in peace with the idea of sacrificing a peasant for absorbing the reaction fire... until one of then was a explosive LC amunition that killed half my crew. And the other time, a well placed rocket in just the first step decimated all.

Well, in the bootypedia it does not say it excel as a troop transport, so I think it is right. It says "can land over their heads". Description mean it, I should not complain.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: July 23, 2019, 11:07:38 am »
Mushroom Soup Recipes Incomplete Feature

Fried Reaper Innards, for example, requires the mushroom "Über Helmet". Anything I cook with great care should be highly nourishing and should work like a combined stimm+smokes+meat item.
+HP +Morale +Stamina +Energy heal  for these amazing cooked soups!!