aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3611607 times)

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J11 - 27 Jan - Slaves, or Soldiers?
« Reply #6735 on: February 11, 2019, 04:24:22 am »
I'm fairly sure that Guns4us unlock something, but I don't remember what.

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J11 - 27 Jan - Slaves, or Soldiers?
« Reply #6736 on: February 11, 2019, 05:12:31 am »
Is it just me, or does it seem like the Electric Lasso isn't very good? Compared to the Cattle Prod, it does less damage, is less accurate, takes more TUs to fire, and the range bonus isn't very helpful because you can walk to an enemy from max range and use the Cattle Prod, and it will be more TU efficient. Maybe because the lasso doesn't trigger melee dodge, it is better?

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6737 on: February 11, 2019, 05:56:09 am »
Well, lasso give you a good energy damage, reaction disrupt, 7 of range, a more reliable damage distribution, can wreak weak walls, and fit were the cattle prod does not.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6738 on: February 11, 2019, 07:03:37 am »
I've seen a number of folks use the lasso with flying armor for monster hunts and other melee heavy encounters. You can hit them but they cant hit you. and no ammo costs.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: February 11, 2019, 10:33:49 am »
The lasso used to be 1 handed and was complementing pistols or smgs very nicely.

niculinux

« Reply #6740 on: February 11, 2019, 12:28:18 pm »
In 0.99J11 was added, among the lootable items, the sermon book for the church. I cannot research it, butit is planned to have some purpose or it's a sellable item? Consumer goods are supposed to be, but they appear in the lab research pool.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J11 - 27 Jan - Slaves, or Soldiers?
« Reply #6741 on: February 11, 2019, 12:49:59 pm »
Nearly everything appears in the lab research pool. If it is your first gameplay, or you play without tech tree review then it's another "gameplay" added, where you have to judge by the name and sometimes sprite, if it is something worth researching, or not. Anyway, any research gives infamy points so it's not fruitless, especially when researching orange.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: February 11, 2019, 01:20:02 pm »
Some topics only become researcheable once you have unlocked some previous tech and/or facilities. Maybe you need a library up before you can research book? I haven't tried that yet. Or maybe its just not fully implemented yet.
OTH. Does terror and possession of the bugeye really does something? I have a bugeye right now with 25 skill and 72 vodoo power, and I can not see his/her terror or possession attack doing nothing. I have tried with megapool, bandits, sky ninjas, and some others. Even I used debug, tried with four bugeye, skill between 10 and 25, Vpower between 65 and 72, all four terrorizing the same unit, not more than 12-15 cells of distance, and that enemy does not go down to less than 90 morale. (Tried several times).

Maybe I´m bad on my head. Maybe the inbuilt attack should not be really powerful... I have not reviewed the rule-set.

Any light on the issue will be welcome.

Thats really odd. As my bugeyes are currently low in skill, I can't test this out properly just yet, but I already had succesful panic attacks and possessions with my bugeyes against possessed seargents and other dark ones, even with voodoo skill as low as 7 (even if the bugeye in question only had 53 voodoo power), and through distances of around 15 tiles.
At the same time, however, during a recent terror mission, my bugeyes were unable to do anything against ratmen.
I'll keep testing and report back my results.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6743 on: February 11, 2019, 07:27:17 pm »
My bugeyes certainly can panic people. I managed to panic some Dark Ones at mere 12 points in Voodoo Skill.

niculinux

« Reply #6744 on: February 11, 2019, 07:45:31 pm »
Trivia: is the ramshackle rifle supposed to be a FN FAL tribute? I suspect so, since the FAL are avaiable also in single shot version; but the clip is square shaped while here is a bit bent, for compatibility with the RCF carabine. Pheraphs these wil get eventually different ammo? Just food for thought ;D

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: February 11, 2019, 08:47:21 pm »
Is it just me, or does it seem like the Electric Lasso isn't very good?
It's great for dealing with Academy Drones hovering way out of reach. Down with the mecha pigeons!

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: February 11, 2019, 08:57:00 pm »
It was pretty good in the previous version. Its slightly less useful now that it got changed into a two handed weapon, but still way better than other forms of ranged stun damage like the tazogun (which basically does the same thing but is pretty much disposable, meaning you need to buy more of them) and the tesla gun thing (which will fry most common enemies and is too short ranged to use against stuff that won't outright die to it, like mercs). You can switch to the electrical net once you get it.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6747 on: February 11, 2019, 09:13:54 pm »
Trivia: is the ramshackle rifle supposed to be a FN FAL tribute?

No.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: February 11, 2019, 10:41:50 pm »
but still way better than other forms of ranged stun damage
Not counting the Reticulan Electrogun, of course. Also not counting the Impaler, though that one is rare-ish.

Offline Ashghan

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: February 11, 2019, 11:17:35 pm »
Trivia: is the ramshackle rifle supposed to be a FN FAL tribute?

I have no idea where you see the similarity to FN FAL, other than both being rifles. If anything, it looks (and feels, stats-wise) like Norinco type 85 submachine gun, and that's what I always imagined it to be. Yes, the caliber is different, but this isn't Jagged Alliance.