aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610352 times)

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J10 - 28 Dec - Christmas Underground
« Reply #6600 on: January 12, 2019, 01:41:53 pm »
That's the middle game, not even gauss reseached.

With all tremendous work done by your side it is indeed a tamagochi with a storyline and a simulation of economics, RPG and TBS. Not me to assert how RPG part is valuable. And that was YOUR effort to create such characters and the plot around them. What I suggest, the beginning challenge and roleplay somehow lose tightness by the moment you aquire freakinators. The veteran gals are nervously smoking with no job to do.

I don't remember if Dioxine, or someone else once said once, but it was pretty smart: "If you think this is "cheating", or "broken", then don't abuse it".
Case with "Synthetic Gal" was the same. Maxed out stats on Synth allow you to kill multiple foes with melee weaponry in signle turn thanks to big TU pool etc. It's hard to get Synt, it's pretty far from the game start/close to the game end.
Buying 100 freaks is abusing the system. Giving it 5000, or 10000 "Jack Points" to get them won't solve the issue. In early game it will be impossible to get and not worth it and in the end game you could abuse it too.
It's not Dioxine fault that you are buing 100 freaks. They were intended to be rare, uncommon etc. We are not little kids. We are using fork as it is intended, nobody's fault if we will stick it into electric socket.
I would never even think about buying so much freaks. 

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #6601 on: January 12, 2019, 02:53:27 pm »
I don't remember if Dioxine, or someone else once said once, but it was pretty smart: "If you think this is "cheating", or "broken", then don't abuse it".

- Doctor, it hurts when I do this!
 - Then don't do it

Still the best medical advice available.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: January 12, 2019, 04:46:28 pm »
Still the best medical advice available.

Maybe, but:

" - Here, take this pill bottle with 100 pills, take one after waking up and one before going to bed."
" - Doc! I took 50 pills in the first day!"
" - Yeah, it's my fault, let me give you "idiot-proof" pill bottle that vends one pill after 12 hours and this pill bottle is also indestructible, becouse in case of you purposely smashing it and swallowing every single on of them, it's still my fault, not yours."

I can imagine only one "good" way to limit buying 100 freaks at once: Shop stock limit.
Is it possible to limit items to buy in the "black market"? Stock could reset each month with RNG chance to have more/less of certain "goods".

100 freaks "problem", if taken seriously, can be only a drop in a sea of other, similar. I can build 5 "animal pens" that give my hideout ability to be defended by 100 dogs. Having them makes any hideout defence costs only lives of those dogs = Broken mechanic. Restrict buing dogs untill end game, becouse it's too easy to defend hideout with 100 dogs.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: January 12, 2019, 05:11:16 pm »
No, it's not currently possible to limit the availability of items on the black market.

I'd suggest not caring about people who abuse the system... no matter how many features and limitations will be implemented, there will always be some cheese...  if the top 2% most "profitable" features are cheese... and you remove them... the next 2% will become cheese. Ad infinitum.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: January 12, 2019, 05:15:49 pm »
Case with "Synthetic Gal" was the same. Maxed out stats on Synth allow you to kill multiple foes with melee weaponry in signle turn thanks to big TU pool etc. It's hard to get Synt, it's pretty far from the game start/close to the game end.
Actually what if freaks are moved into space too? You know that mission where you get 4 stasis pods with gals. What if we get freaks instead? Like they were literally too freaky to store on the earth. Makes no sense to have such a security measure(a clandestine space station) to just store normal ubers there.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: January 12, 2019, 07:25:55 pm »
Glad that Freak point had such an attention in both ways. Thank you all.

Most of responds are related to the point "how dare you abuse the system". Well I play Iron man and that mean I try to use most of the mechanics available. I guess the savegame abuse gives the different point of view for the Freak issue. But trust me I am a big fan of both X-Piratez and X-Files modes and trying to make my possible contribution into balance, with no other options given at the moment.

So back to the question: the point was that 20-25% of Freaks start with 100-120 TU. And 8-12% with 110+ TU and 130+ energy. Plus 1-2 random pararmeters maxed. And that's making them ultimate choice for the middle game, reducing the Veteran's value. Which are costier and weaker. The freaks are usually got unlocked far before the Veterans purchase enabled. Gotta reverse that.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #6606 on: January 12, 2019, 08:31:58 pm »
I kinda liked when they required rags. :P

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6607 on: January 12, 2019, 09:06:39 pm »
Most of responds are related to the point "how dare you abuse the system".

They are not. Think before posting. If you can sink $20M into creating your dream gals, but still are in the "middle game", it's you being fat and not spending resources toward the end goal but towards creating dream gals (who still can get killed if you don't play super cowardly). Putting blame for such an outcome on me is preposterous - it's your playstyle. I respect it, but don't expect me to balance the game with it in mind (at the price of fucking it up for other playstyles).

And that's making them ultimate choice for the middle game, reducing the Veteran's value. Which are costier and weaker. The freaks are usually got unlocked far before the Veterans purchase enabled. Gotta reverse that.

You do realize that this is a misinformation. To get a freak who's better than a veteran, you have to spend like $2M on average, compared to $0.4M on veterans. We won't be talking like that, mister.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: January 16, 2019, 10:06:02 pm »
I can build 5 "animal pens" that give my hideout ability to be defended by 100 dogs. Having them makes any hideout defence costs only lives of those dogs = Broken mechanic.
Interesting that you had it pointed :):
There was and is a possibility to buy unlimited amount of dogs and bloodhounds with and without animal den in J9. Is this a feature or a bug - I don't really know.
The feature in the X-Files by Solarius Scorch: your manufacturing projects are not binded to the storespace. So you can manufacture far beyond any space available, even if it is overloaded already. And I understand these for they are logically feasible.

The freaks problem lays deep underneath the main issue: how to proliferate an astounding beginning of the game into the astounding end. And there is no end yet, actually. Even the Fraction's bases are not yet reworked: only units are implemented.
That's why I try to stretch the 0-30% progress to the maximum.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 10:23:26 pm by Abyss »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6609 on: January 18, 2019, 10:53:25 am »
Interesting that you had it pointed :):
There was and is a possibility to buy unlimited amount of dogs and bloodhounds with and without animal den in J9. Is this a feature or a bug - I don't really know.

It is a hack: I made dogs use "prison space" instead of living quarters or stores, and prison space is not checked by the game when you're buying stuff. Hopefully some day this loophole in the code will be fixed, maybe already was.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: January 18, 2019, 03:04:35 pm »
It is a hack: I made dogs use "prison space" instead of living quarters or stores, and prison space is not checked by the game when you're buying stuff. Hopefully some day this loophole in the code will be fixed, maybe already was.

So this is what the prisonType: 2 is about?

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J10 - 28 Dec - Christmas Underground
« Reply #6611 on: January 22, 2019, 05:45:39 am »
Glitch Report? Did an Infested Cellar mission. Killed everything I could see. Passed 100 turns without a peep from the enemy, and yet it still doesn't count as cleared. What is happening?

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: January 22, 2019, 10:37:57 am »
Glitch Report? Did an Infested Cellar mission. Killed everything I could see. Passed 100 turns without a peep from the enemy, and yet it still doesn't count as cleared. What is happening?
Take a pickaxe and dig to the darkness.
A mighty enemy shall meet thee on the other side (a couple of rats).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 03:39:08 pm by Abyss »

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: January 22, 2019, 02:36:13 pm »
Just wondering, Dioxine, why did you force deactivate the "enemy landing alert"?

Offline thevideogameraptorboggle

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: January 22, 2019, 11:29:16 pm »
Take a pickaxe and dig to the darkness.
A mighty enemy shall meet thee on the other side (a couple of rats).

Is that the actual solution, or just a workaround for a bug? I saw what I thought was a weak wall, tried blowing it up with an HE Grenade and it did nothing. Am I gonna need to bring Pickaxes on future missions like this?