aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3664782 times)

Offline silencer_pl

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99J7 - 25 Sep - It Can't Go Wrong
« Reply #6060 on: September 29, 2018, 11:27:09 pm »
Right now my strongest light weapon is Lascannon, Strongest Heavy is Ramjet, though I have naval gun, but I think it's worse than Ramjet. From missiles I have Stingray, Avalanche, Hammerite, Medusa. I have unlocked assembly of gat laser but don't have parts to assemble them. The ships I've mentioned all travel at speed of 5k+ which means they can intercept anything, but they are squishy. Now Kraken can take punishment but is so slow and if I manage to tank for example Cruiser, Bomber or Destroyer it gets out of picture for quite a while.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: September 30, 2018, 12:47:42 am »
Right now my strongest light weapon is Lascannon, Strongest Heavy is Ramjet, though I have naval gun, but I think it's worse than Ramjet. From missiles I have Stingray, Avalanche, Hammerite, Medusa. I have unlocked assembly of gat laser but don't have parts to assemble them. The ships I've mentioned all travel at speed of 5k+ which means they can intercept anything, but they are squishy. Now Kraken can take punishment but is so slow and if I manage to tank for example Cruiser, Bomber or Destroyer it gets out of picture for quite a while.
Enemy UFO target your fighters in the order they came into range. Have a tank fighter (Kraken or Barracuda with a Lokk'Narr pilot) approach, then send in the rest of the fleet. Mass Avalanches against the mentioned ships with Naval Guns for backup fire.
Lascannons won't damage them (much) and Ramjets are only good for sniping the entry-level military ships. Hammerite will work a bit longer, but Bombers are pretty much the limit for them.
Stingray gives too little bang for the buck, Medusa is useless (enemies with weak shields can be easily done-in by more versatile weapons and enemies with strong shields laugh at the Medusa).

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: September 30, 2018, 01:55:14 am »
Which one was the Agile Fighter again?

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: September 30, 2018, 08:53:21 am »
Which one was the Agile Fighter again?
Barracuda.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: October 01, 2018, 08:09:13 pm »
J7. Found a bug that allows to buy unlimited dogs which then need to be transfered or sold because of no spare space in the pits. Which then makes the stuck in the sell/transer screen right after the purchase.
I.e. space for 5, I buy 10 and have to reload the game.
Which sucks because of the supermutant mode in the hard difficulty with 2 days of the progress :(

Edit:
Reloaded just by Alt+Tab and closing the game.
Everything is ok. Still have to check available space before the purchase.

Edit 2:
Attached a savegame file. 13 dogs out of 4 are in the transfer to the base. Please skip a day so they will arrive.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 08:23:23 pm by Abyss »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: October 02, 2018, 11:41:10 am »
thank you for the report abyss, we do have dedicated pinned bug thread for such things the you may encounter in the future

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: October 03, 2018, 01:57:47 am »
So I just had unpleasantness of playing Sunday Town mission for the first time in J7. As it turns out, friendly cats have been added to this mission, so they can be killed by zombies... Was that really necessary? Is it improving gameplay in any way? Your mod is incomplete without it?   

What the hell is wrong with you, Dioxine?! What will be the next? Cultists of Apocalypse raping virgins? Live sacrifices made of children? Dude, there are some fucking red lines, that you should not cross.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: October 03, 2018, 02:26:49 am »
and outright murder and wholesale slavery isn't a red line?

Offline Ves

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: October 03, 2018, 02:29:26 am »
Did you see them get zombified? Might not be intended , since in J6:

Fix: Cats and Rabbits can no longer be zombified

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: October 03, 2018, 03:18:35 am »
If the death of cats at the hands of zombies crosses your ethical limits, then the truth is going to be really uncomfortable.

This mod must have crossed your moral boundaries years ago. And as for the child sacrifice and the rape of virgins... well... its not outright stated but we're pretty much halfway there, looking at the available lore of this crapsack Earth in 2601.

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: October 03, 2018, 03:24:23 am »
I guess I should probably avoid relating any tales involving rocket launchers and kitty cats.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: October 03, 2018, 03:47:03 am »
and outright murder and wholesale slavery isn't a red line?

There is difference beetwen essential features and additions that serve no purpose, except for fulfilling some sick and sadistic fantasies. Murder is present in almost every game, but how many games have cats killed just for fun of it's creators? 

If the death of cats at the hands of zombies crosses your ethical limits, then the truth is going to be really uncomfortable.

If the death of defenseless cats at the hands of zombies that serves absolutly no purpose doesn't cross your ethical limits, then truth is, you need help.

This mod must have crossed your moral boundaries years ago.

I don't play that long and this is first time I feel something is unacceptable. And I had my doubts when I saw ship in the shape of swastika. And I still have my doubts when I see swastika pattern on the grass (in minimap view). But Dioxine said this mod is about boobs and fighting nazi assholes. I guess he forgot to mention that he will force us to watch cats being slaughtered for no reason at all.   

Offline Marza

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: October 03, 2018, 04:38:22 am »
You are making grand, sweeping and alarmist assumptions about me and my mental health, based on your observation of one particular in game mission. I strongly recommend you don't do that again. Thankfully I can find it, in my giving heart, to forgive you.

The cats sometimes appear in a variety of missions (including the Sunday Town mission with the zombies) as civilians to be rescued, along with the rest of the civilian population. They provide a unique reward if rescued. Now, it appears you somehow come to the conclusion that the cats only exist to be killed in horrible fashion and that they were implemented because I enjoy watching life suffer a cruel death. Anyone who thinks that is wrong. If this was your line of thought, then you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Do not make your problem my problem.

Offline Vansi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: October 03, 2018, 05:17:56 am »
Thankfully I can find it, in my giving heart, to forgive you.

I don't give a single damn about your patronizing forgivness so you can shove it in your anus.

Now, it appears you somehow come to the conclusion that the cats only exist to be killed in horrible fashion

I have done Sunday Town a dozen times, but in J2. There was no cats. Never.  And I am playing Piratez since april. I have never seen a single cat, in any mission and I have done hundreds of missions. And now in J7 we have cats. So yes, that is exactly what I think.   

and that they were implemented because I enjoy watching life suffer a cruel death.

LOL.  Do you really think that something was implemented because of you?

Offline Zippicus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: October 03, 2018, 05:54:25 am »
I have done Sunday Town a dozen times, but in J2. There was no cats. Never.  And I am playing Piratez since april. I have never seen a single cat, in any mission and I have done hundreds of missions. And now in J7 we have cats. So yes, that is exactly what I think.

Like Marza already said, cats were added to some missions so you could rescue them and unlock them as usable units.  So if that's what you thought then yes you would be correct, if you thought something else then it's probably incorrect.  That being said it's probably not something that would interest you since the bad guys would shoot your cats just like they shoot at dogs and parrots and whatnot.