aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3577793 times)

Offline Requiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - M4 6-Jan-2022 Peasant Revolution
« Reply #8340 on: January 23, 2022, 11:20:55 pm »
Scamps,
Diplomacy was bugged in 4.0 for peasant path, but after 4.1 everything is fine. You can purchase only peasants but all other races available through recruitment.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 11:35:16 pm by Requiem »

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: January 26, 2022, 01:01:19 pm »
Just noted: why "o'harty's gun" has such name? Ok i read the description in the bootypedia here, but since it's a thing conceived and created by the gals, would another name fit better? how about to rename it? Would you guys have some other name to suggest? Maybe  "kustim carabine"?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: January 26, 2022, 01:20:20 pm »
Just noted: why "o'harty's gun" has such name? Ok i read the description in the bootypedia here, but since it's a thing conceived and created by the gals, would another name fit better? how about to rename it? Would you guys have some other name to suggest? Maybe  "kustim carabine"?

It's named after a contributor. Renaming it would be rude.

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: January 26, 2022, 02:44:12 pm »
ok, at least let's hope we might find some more pointers/reference in other bootypedia articles in the future...(??)

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: January 26, 2022, 09:33:50 pm »
ok, at least let's hope we might find some more pointers/reference in other bootypedia articles in the future...(??)

"Named after a gunsmith who was famous for similar ideas (and amazingly, did not get killed by any of his contraptions)."

Isn't that enough of a hint, why it is called the way it is called?

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8345 on: January 26, 2022, 10:23:11 pm »
"Named after a gunsmith who was famous for similar ideas (and amazingly, did not get killed by any of his contraptions)."

Isn't that enough of a hint, why it is called the way it is called?

i meant in other bootypefia stuff/lore, that would be eventually added  :)

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: January 27, 2022, 07:25:52 am »
Some thoughts on the new gambling system:  I'm not sure it's a good idea allowing zorts and trits to be reclaimable so early.  That or maybe a slight tweaking of some of the more extreme outcomes.

Things like the oddball doom ss, crusader ss, and high explosives are nice.  But it's june and I've got a UAC rocket launcher with 10 rockets and human defender armor (the rocket launcher I got in march lol).  I think I'm not even going to use the armor for a bit, it's just too ridiculous for this stage of the game.  At least with the rockets, they run out, though.

Also because of the random SS armors I've been getting from gambling I've mostly been switching to SS even in the peasant route.  It would be cool if peasant specific armors were found in gambling, even if they're kinda weak like fusilier, aqua suits, or gladiatrix
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 07:32:15 am by Greep »

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: January 27, 2022, 12:57:36 pm »
The UAC rocket launcher is shit though. It's only good against lightly armored 2x2s, which are a handful of. Plenty good for blowing up your loot though.

Also, 1 human defender armor is not gonna break your game. Trust me, there are many things around that will quite handily fuck your defender up, especially if you grow complacent.

Offline sanyaskillpro

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: January 27, 2022, 01:39:10 pm »
Love the new peasant path. But is it time we need some extra brainers at start? Every patch there's more new early game stuff everyone wants to try, but we start with 3 brainers(+1 if you sell hellerium and a corridor) like it used to be years ago.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: January 27, 2022, 07:12:16 pm »
The UAC rocket launcher is shit though. It's only good against lightly armored 2x2s, which are a handful of. Plenty good for blowing up your loot though.

Also, 1 human defender armor is not gonna break your game. Trust me, there are many things around that will quite handily fuck your defender up, especially if you grow complacent.

Eh, even still the rockets are quite the power jump against those specifically, and it's mostly the accuracy and range that makes it really nice.  A panzerfaust or high explosive will handily wreck an armored car near you, but I want it dead the moment I see it.  Since you never know when it's going to use up all of it's TUs and blast the insides of your craft from halfway across the map.

If you're soaking reaction fire, you really only need a single piece of strong armor, too, and with the assault clones or a hero, you can put it on on quite a wrecking ball to boot.

Anyways, it's not a huge concern, but these things can make most of the hard missions of the first half of the year super easy.  I guess it also kind of depends on how early you get your first Jack C bounty, since half a dozen zorts/trits may not give you anything useful.

@sanya, hah, yeah I've actually found the reject path nice just so I can start with 5 brainers and get 13 by early march.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 07:18:34 pm by Greep »

Offline Requiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: January 29, 2022, 11:36:57 pm »
I just wanna to know how someone could came to the conclusion that one ninja siege is not enough and 3 in a row requiered.  >:(

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: January 30, 2022, 11:49:47 am »
You're lucky. I had 4 in a row ))

Offline Requiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: January 30, 2022, 01:24:26 pm »
Mega lucky actually. Builded my first tank*85mm and it arrived on the base exactly before first attack.
Now i remembered why i abandoned previus run, it was because of such bs, but it was academy/church i think. Like 4-5 sieges per month again and again and there was nothing i could do about this..

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: January 30, 2022, 07:17:59 pm »
I started a new game on Blackbeard. First month perfect, over 2000 points. In February something was sucking my points. I suspect early bandit ships. Those slow with short radars. March was very nice, a bit too peaceful, typical silence before the storm. April as in every time I attempt to play on Blackbeard after sky ninjas patch, it's a fortress month. Somehow I managed to close with 300 points on positive side thanks to research finishing on last day. May was horrible. UFO after UFO. 6 different small ships landed in my radar range. My raiding party detected a cluster of mediums with 2 large ones over Europe. All with radars. With much pain I closed May with 800 points. I did not even had a chance to build little bird, nor do I have a use for it anymore. Before I could even make a third hangar I already had access to Aircar and landed small UFO's gave me 25mm guns and a lot of ammo for them.

So I have a question.
Can I somehow delay this situation? What can I do to prolong early game to make the little bird and other slow interceptors useful?
Can Ninja fortress be delayed? Is this my bad luck or is it fixed to spawn in April on Blackbeard difficulty?

Offline Earthquake

• Captain
  • Glory to Ukraine!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: January 30, 2022, 09:34:30 pm »
Cheat. Change your Airbus to something with guns from start.
We are here for fun, not for suffering.

But you had unlucky start. On Jack Sparrow first ninja base in my latest run was set in June. And yes, after that - huge cluster of outposts was too.
At this difficulty first year is thick. Anything non-hunter flies - you charge your Airbus to follow. If it landed - proceed to loot. If not - load and repeat.
If God of Random make a smile to you - first 25mm gun can be acquired from 2nd month.