aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3610869 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - 0.99I1 - 26 Dec - Spirit of Christmas
« Reply #5130 on: January 29, 2018, 10:37:51 pm »
'Alerted to' is not the same as 'has sight of,' there's a flag that's set in the code when hitting an enemy that tells the enemy just the last unit that hit it for the purpose of spinning and firing.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: January 30, 2018, 01:13:16 am »
Another thing im wondering is at the end of a mission: Are all of the leftover charges for healing/use items combined together and saved using the statistical ammo saving routine?

(im noticing Alot of X-Grog barrels going missing when they have a total of 90 uses in them and I may only take up like 3-6 uses)

Ive thought that they were combined just like ammo but im starting to think otherwise and its starting to tick me off.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: January 30, 2018, 01:21:54 pm »
Consumables and ammo works the same.
If you use x-grog only once, you'll use the whole item at the end of the mission.
If you use 2 separate instances of the "x-grog" item, their individual charges will be summed up to refill as many complete items as possible.

Same is true for ammo. All bullets will be counted and filled up to form a complete item of ammo.
This is also true for javelins and throwing axes.

It's best to have spare amounts of those items in stock and refill/rebuild them once the warning pops up.
Personally I stick with using atom-beer and field-surgery-kits/nano-surgery-kits.
Those kits never expire and atom beer is looted plenty across every mission involving humanoid opposition.

This so-called "Bullet-counting" is a lovely feature that saves quite some money and valuable ammo in those times where you don't have excess money- and workshop-production.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 04:18:45 pm by Ethereal_Medic »

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: January 30, 2018, 08:22:23 pm »
Consumables and ammo works the same.
If you use x-grog only once, you'll use the whole item at the end of the mission.
If you use 2 separate instances of the "x-grog" item, their individual charges will be summed up to refill as many complete items as possible.

Same is true for ammo. All bullets will be counted and filled up to form a complete item of ammo.

Huh... I was under the distinct impression that the amount of ammo/charges is tallied then however much is left over (compared to max amount) is the % chance that the item will be saved. So if it has 20 shots and you only use 4 then there's an 80% chance that it will still be around when the mission ends.

Ive gone through missions using some kinda expensive/rare ammo and after firing a few rounds from it the clip will still be saved. I mean those UAC plasma rifle batteries are rare until you can make them, having just a couple its pretty relieving to take the weapon into battle and use it, and come back without having expended a clip.

Maybe the RNG just hates me at the moment and has chewed through like 7 X-Grogs simply for using a few charges from them.

Edit - Another interesting dilemma ive been having is Stunned Enemies not being captured. I had a humanist pogrom the other day where I knocked out the leader with a knuckleduster and he wasn't bleeding out. However by the end of the mission he just died anyway. WTF is going on with that, if they're stunned and they arent bleeding out then why are the dying.

I can understand if they're technically alive on the last round and they have bleeding then that bleeding might be applied one more time and they die at the end of the last round. But if they arent bleeding then they shouldnt be losing health (and in fact their stun should be decreasing).

I also just had a sky ninja mission and there were 4 sky ninjas, one of them was bleeding x6 at the end when I killed the last other ninja. But at the end of the mission it listed that I had only killed and recovered 3 ninjas. So something in the game goofed up about that one that was wounded because there were 4 ninjas and none of them were overkilled (shotguns and flintlocks here).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 08:41:40 pm by RSSwizard »

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: January 30, 2018, 09:46:18 pm »
The hum. leader died because of the following reason:
Your stun damage dealt also health-damage. His healthpool dropped low enough that he started to stack stun-damage every turn and at a certain threshold a fleshy beeing starts to take additional flat health damage if the stun-damage-level isn't reduced constantly. Unlucky for you, he dehydrated more or less or died due to coma.

If you kill/stun the last enemy on the map, every instance of bleeding/stun-damage is applied a final time to every opponent wounded/stunned.
The last ninja-gal simply bleed-out due to 6 fatal wounds, causing her to die due to a mix of stacked stun damage and loss of HP.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: January 31, 2018, 05:19:03 pm »
I believe that leaving enemies in smoke and fire tiles also deals a bit of stun damage, which adds up.
My recommendation is that for those enemies who are too wounded, you wake them up before finishing the battle. Reanimated enemies count as surrendered automatically and will still be alive despite the possible stun damage. Leave a Hand to keep an eye on them in case they try something, just to be sure.

Offline sinisteragent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: January 31, 2018, 06:03:06 pm »
Healing stunned and wounded people you want to capture should be a matter of course. The problem isn't the wounds, it's the invisible chance that someone can die from being stunned even without bleeding wounds.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: January 31, 2018, 06:50:49 pm »
If you don't wanna invest a hand into supervising those taken out you can also rely on weaponry that doesn't do lethal bonus damage.
Stun Baton, Cattle Prods, Zappers and Lassos and voodoo: "seduction" are sources of non-lethal damage to pin foes down without inflicting any loss of health.

You still need to look for them tho since the full health-pool means that the ko'ed enemy remains his/her natural stun-recovery rate and can simply wake up again.
It's a matter of how much you can give a damn if the captives wake up again to turn revenge on you.

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: February 01, 2018, 03:45:56 am »
Reanimated enemies count as surrendered automatically and will still be alive despite the possible stun damage. Leave a Hand to keep an eye on them in case they try something, just to be sure.

This is Good To Know.

Offline cc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: February 01, 2018, 07:46:18 am »
Reanimated enemies count as surrendered automatically and will still be alive despite the possible stun damage.
With exception of Disciples of the Apocalypse and Killer Droids. There might be more enemies refusing to surrender in future, too.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: February 01, 2018, 08:15:29 am »
Only beings that understand the concept of surrendering are able to do so.  But there are plenty of enemies that are too savage, too mindless, or too automated to surrender; so it's probably not a good idea to stun a large number of zombies, dark ones, or deep ones as they won't surrender upon waking up and potentially prolong the battle further if you miss them wandering off.

Offline sinisteragent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: February 01, 2018, 08:43:49 pm »
Only beings that understand the concept of surrendering are able to do so.  But there are plenty of enemies that are too savage, too mindless, or too automated to surrender; so it's probably not a good idea to stun a large number of zombies, dark ones, or deep ones as they won't surrender upon waking up and potentially prolong the battle further if you miss them wandering off.

Is this true? I've not updated for a while and in my game, having either panicked or fallen unconscious once marks you as willing to surrender, even if you're too dim. It would be very tedious having to babysit them.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: February 01, 2018, 11:41:44 pm »
Most of the dumb enemies also aren’t ones you wan tto capture in large numbers, so its fine to finish them off and mabye babysit one or two, the only exception being the dark ones.

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: February 02, 2018, 12:44:10 pm »
Dark Ones in general are harmless due to having no in-built weaponry.
You've to babysit the terror-units (imp, spectre, pink demon, cacodemon, baron of hell) in case those wake up again.
Most of them are 2x2 so it's not too hard to stun those with stunbombs. Baron can be tricky due to the massive 666HP pool.

Zombies are scary and it's mostly not worth to keep them alive unless the research-topic is needed for a living speciment.
You can still get hellerium out of them from the corpses.

One important thing to remember considering stunned 'terror units': If they wake up, they have 100% of their TUs to spare. Non-terror units have 0% of their TUs.
If you manage to 'stun' something like a cyberdisk and it wakes up the next turn, it will reactionfire at you if you allow it to shot back at you
(e.g. run into vision/ shot it with something and failing to deal enough damage to stun it again).

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: February 02, 2018, 01:31:42 pm »
Don't use cyberdiscs as an example.  In the first place, 2x2 units can't ever wake up anyway; but more importantly, cyberdiscs explode on death so they have that whole "die even if stunned" thing going for them.