aliens

Author Topic: Any word on openTFTD's progress?  (Read 44489 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Any word on openTFTD's progress?
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2015, 08:29:00 pm »
as for the biodrone, if i tell you it will spoil the surprise.

Now you got me wondering too, I can't imagine what would it be ;-)
Do we need to know some background information to understand/recognise the surprise... or will it be obvious when it happens?

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2015, 09:53:15 pm »
when it happens, you'll know.

and i'm sorry for being deliberately mysterious about this, but when you know you won't want to spoil it either. (i hope)

the cat will come out of the bag sooner or later, don't worry.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2015, 02:47:14 am »
is TFTD modding enabled.

or should i say can i make a master mod using the 2 environments TFTD style atm? 

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2015, 09:25:42 am »
it's enabled, just not supported. don't be surprised if it's really hard to do things, or if things don't work.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2015, 09:42:44 am »
thanks warboy. you know. i cant complain. i can't believe  believe yu guys pulled it off a clone of xcom and tftd a whole new engine pretty badass. adding that missing functionality is a breeze compared to making this from scratch. plus i know i've seen this develop and i know is gonna happen. i'd really like to make a 2 environment mod but i'll just work on what i can and sit quietly until those pieces are enabled then continue what i can as things get developed. is all good. thanks for your work/support.

Offline shinr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2015, 01:34:35 pm »
A a couple of questions:

1) I see that you don't need a live navigator to research Magnetic Navigation, is this an OpenTFTD change or is it from later versions of vanilla TFTD?

2) Is it possible for the Aquanauts to keep their helmets on during the Surface/Terror missions?

Offline Gillman

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2015, 08:07:43 pm »

2) Is it possible for the Aquanauts to keep their helmets on during the Surface/Terror missions?

I would like that too! Would be a nice little "mod": Helmets always on yes/no.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2015, 08:21:12 pm »
we're using the V2 research tree (the less bugged of the two official versions)

Offline GrossorMD

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2015, 09:15:11 pm »
Another feature request: would it be possible to have a land-only label for weapons as well as a water-only one?

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2015, 10:13:59 pm »
I would like that too! Would be a nice little "mod": Helmets always on yes/no.

try adding forcedTorso: 2 in STR_NONE armor in armors.rul in xcom2

i know in ufo coveralls have 2 torso types for male and female and i think in tftd is essentially same thing except is land and water torso. you can force either 1 torso using the above command.

i'm not 100% sure just try it out and lemme know if it works.

Another feature request: would it be possible to have a land-only label for weapons as well as a water-only one?

would be nice t also have a land only restriction in addition to default tftd. i know is not default vanilla game but it makes the whole package complete and is very nice for modding to be able to restrict weapons both ways.

maybe

underwaterOnly: 0 1 2

0 and 1 function as regular true false values and 2 just a land only extra thing

as well as

movementType: 0 1 2 3 4 (not fly, fly everywhere, slide, fly underwater only, fly land only) . i think that's right.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 10:25:07 pm by tollworkout »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2015, 10:30:04 pm »
i 'd like to have  land only restriction in addition to default tftd. i know is not default vanilla game but it makes the whole package complete and is very nice for modding to be able to restrict weapons both ways.

Offline Phoenix7786

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2015, 09:34:57 pm »
I always felt that not allowing torpedo launchers on land was artificial difficulty, since Gollup was unaware of the difficulty bug and subsequently went in the wrong direction on how to make TFTD harder. Given the ridiculous notion that NOBODY IN X-COM APPARENTLY REMEMBERS WHAT A ROCKET-LAUNCHER IS, are there plans to make the torpedo-launcher usable on land through a mod? I'm willing to concede that perhaps a Coelacanth launcher can't modify its payload on such short notice, but there's no reason why, being told we're going above-water for the next op, that we can't use a rocket launcher. I'm not asking for sprite replacements for missions, just that we can modify torpedo launchers to be used on land.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2015, 10:28:32 pm »
I always felt that not allowing torpedo launchers on land was artificial difficulty, since Gollup was unaware of the difficulty bug and subsequently went in the wrong direction on how to make TFTD harder. Given the ridiculous notion that NOBODY IN X-COM APPARENTLY REMEMBERS WHAT A ROCKET-LAUNCHER IS, are there plans to make the torpedo-launcher usable on land through a mod? I'm willing to concede that perhaps a Coelacanth launcher can't modify its payload on such short notice, but there's no reason why, being told we're going above-water for the next op, that we can't use a rocket launcher. I'm not asking for sprite replacements for missions, just that we can modify torpedo launchers to be used on land.

I don't know the structure of TFTD ruleset yet, but I'm fairly sure it'd be trivial to do, like changing one flag.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2015, 11:36:50 pm »
I always felt that not allowing torpedo launchers on land was artificial difficulty, since Gollup was unaware of the difficulty bug and subsequently went in the wrong direction on how to make TFTD harder.

Julian Gollop had no hand in the development of TFTD, please don't take his name in vain like that.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2015, 12:10:40 am »
Who did then?