aliens

Author Topic: [WIP][MOD][OXCE] From the Apocalypse 0.25.6  (Read 235250 times)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] From the Apocalypse WIP
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2015, 03:02:28 pm »
After 7 months back to the ruleset.
I don't remember anything. Everything is different.
Time to panic.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2015, 12:37:07 am »
Couple of screens.

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2015, 04:20:17 am »
i hope you can make a "all city planet" like coruscant in star wars and then all the maps can be apoc stylized  :) :) :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2015, 04:59:30 am »
i hope you can make a "all city planet" like coruscant in star wars and then all the maps can be apoc stylized  :) :) :)

Technically I'd say that the detail would be a challenge and it would be impossible to get the city lights to go off during the daytime. In any case, the premise on Apocalypse was that Earth had about half a dozen megacities, so it would never be completely covered in urban sprawl like the image aboe.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 15, 2015, 10:12:44 am »
It absolutely won't be a "city planet"; it' wouldn't even make sense because the time span since the first alien war wouldn't be wide enough to have the continents covered by buildings.
I'm planning to have a "city texture", to place around the big metropolis markers. The rest of the world themes will likely be desert and jungle (some natural, but the majority engineered-agricultural).
But work on the globe is so far away in the future that there's no point thinking too much about it.

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2015, 02:45:11 pm »
It absolutely won't be a "city planet"; it' wouldn't even make sense because the time span since the first alien war wouldn't be wide enough to have the continents covered by buildings.
I'm planning to have a "city texture", to place around the big metropolis markers. The rest of the world themes will likely be desert and jungle (some natural, but the majority engineered-agricultural).
But work on the globe is so far away in the future that there's no point thinking too much about it.

your answer is more than satisfactory  ;D ;D ;D

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2015, 06:46:56 pm »
Technically I'd say that the detail would be a challenge and it would be impossible to get the city lights to go off during the daytime. In any case, the premise on Apocalypse was that Earth had about half a dozen megacities, so it would never be completely covered in urban sprawl like the image aboe.
doable, one simpler way is palette have inverted shades for some colors. Then after "darking" it will be more bright than at day.

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2015, 07:49:58 pm »
Dude... This is so awesome. I'd hit it so hard that it'd turn into a Zombie and make another me!

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2015, 03:22:58 am »
Robin, damn damn damn. I wish you had a clone to help you finish it up. I'm am so tempted to click those screenshots. I have to cover my eyes, but I took a small peek at what you're up to. I did it to get some hype fuel in me heheh.

I made a promise to myself after watching Super Bunnyhop's Post-E3 report on YT, that I'll never watch a trailer or review of anything before playing the game. I miss those kid days when I went into a game blind, because I just liked the box art, knowing nothing else about it. UD was one of them. Makes a huge difference in enjoying a discovery or figuring something out yourself before your favorite let's player does it for you. People these days wanting everything done for them. Btw, my first experiment with playing games blind was with System Shock 2. Well I did play Bioshock 1, and noticed the resemblance.

Offline nadir-1648

• Captain
  • Oh yes, this is going to be dreadful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2015, 12:08:55 pm »
This is gonna be AWESOME  ;D

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2015, 11:54:33 pm »
aliens aliening around

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2015, 12:27:46 am »
Skeletoids, I presume? :)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2015, 09:52:43 am »
Skeletoids, I presume? :)
Aside from spitter, anthropod, multimegaworm, all the other aliens will be different-new.
(But I'm secretly still debating over the psimorph).

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2015, 02:36:14 pm »
As usual, the highest pixel art quality out there :) While the design of that gun is... very original, I guess It's Apocalypse, Baby! I might not like the design, but, oh boy, the bigob AND handob are so well-made :) The alien is really cool. AND really new. I guess Solar will love how its thin arms and legs would be perfect for the Chaser :)

Can't wait till you post some beta-version of the mod - it'd be a great loss for the whole community if, God forbids, you had an accident and all these awesome resources were never published :)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 02:38:12 pm by Dioxine »

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2015, 03:02:40 pm »
God forbids
NoooOOOooo, you can't write these things, you are jinxing it! I'm touching my balls* like there's no tomorrow.

* superstitious gesture to make ill-luck go away.