Author Topic: [WIP] Xeno Operations LEGACY  (Read 20205 times)

Offline Hadan

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Xeno Operations LEGACY
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2024, 08:00:51 am »
Do you have any plans to release them as a seperate mod?

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Xeno Operations LEGACY
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2024, 08:19:43 am »
Good news!, another new Development Update:

In a nutshell, the upcoming patch has grown larger than anticipated. But What started as a routine bug-fixing endeavor in the research tree (thanks Scamps for the report) soon evolved into a series of enhancements, culminating in the decision to embark on a substantial overhaul of certain research pathways. This expansion also includes the introduction of new technologies and aircraft to address pacing issues.

To bridge the gap and diversify options, i want to introduce a new interceptor and transport ship. The interceptor will likely be a variant of the F35 with Xelloy upgrades, while the transport ship is being crafted from scratch. Designed to be slower than the standard Firefly but with an increased troop capacity (number not final, but 24 troopers for now), it won't be capable of lifting any type of tanks. This should provide balance and fairness by having a larger platoon size in exchange of heavy support.

Preliminary tests against a BRUTAL AI have shown promising results. Even increasing troop counts still poses a challenge, rather than simply being capable of outright overwhel the enemy with sheer numbers. Other crafts will undergo tweaks to accommodate these changes, including adjustments to stats and potentially battlescape layouts, time permitting.

Additionally, expect significant alterations to tank and support unit mechanics, along with quality-of-life improvements in manufacturing, such as batch production of ammunition.

While these changes promise a substantial upgrade, I'm unable to provide an exact release date at this time. Rest assured, progress is steady.

The new transport ship is nearly complete, heavily inspired by the DR4-Viking, a personal favorite. I've tried to capture its essence the better i could.

Stay tuned for further updates as development progresses. Your feedback and support are invaluable.

This is the current WIP of the craft, codenamed SCARAB:

EDIT: the design is finished, its the last four pictures
[DESIRE TO KNOW MORE INTENSIFIES]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 01:52:02 am by blackwolf »