aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 663293 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [OXCE] OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #1290 on: June 10, 2017, 02:17:14 pm »
I don't know how to do this. One thing that is obvious is problem with Ufopedia. How can one get it to display these extra ammo, with extra attack types? I think (and I said so before all this mess) that it would be better to make this separate weapons with separate ammo, treated as a single object, rather than multiple 'ammo' types...

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: June 10, 2017, 05:16:18 pm »
Bug report for 3.8... inventory copying doesn't work, see screenshot before/after copying.

Tested on e4c8220, no mods.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: June 11, 2017, 02:21:29 am »
I don't know how to do this. One thing that is obvious is problem with Ufopedia. How can one get it to display these extra ammo, with extra attack types? I think (and I said so before all this mess) that it would be better to make this separate weapons with separate ammo, treated as a single object, rather than multiple 'ammo' types...
Probably best solution for Ufopadia is automatically clone article with different title and text for each used weapon slot.
Simply you will get:
Code: [Select]
Pistol
Pistol (Grenade)
Pistol (Scope)
I will work on this in next days.

Bug report for 3.8... inventory copying doesn't work, see screenshot before/after copying.

Tested on e4c8220, no mods.
I will look on this too.

Offline Morrandir

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: June 12, 2017, 01:49:52 pm »
Bug with guns that have melee components: trying to hit with the melee component when the gun is out of ammo results in "NO AMMUNITION LOADED".

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: June 12, 2017, 08:08:07 pm »
Thax for report.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: June 13, 2017, 02:02:37 am »
I push new bug fix version to github that fix biggest bugs.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: June 14, 2017, 09:21:19 am »
The tanks, on the mission disappear the first weapon. But the second has 4 ammunition consumed simultaneously. The terrorists who have 2 weapons, the same. The problem is solved by prescribing slots. Before, it was not necessary.

As before, the aliens killed by mines are not recorded in the counter of the killed and do not give experience to the soldiers.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 09:45:51 am by Ethereal »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: June 15, 2017, 12:43:45 am »
I will look on this too.

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: June 25, 2017, 08:23:54 pm »
Hey!

Is there a place which we can see every new things added by XCE+ with some info and how to do it?

Like a weapon item code with every new rules in it which i can use with a info sticked to it..

I read many nice things here but i don't have any idea how to use them when i mod.

I want to start to my mod but before i want to see all the option i can implement or use, and how to do them. I checked many links and i really get confused. I simply want somewhere to show show me what i can do, like https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Ruleset_Reference_Nightly_(OpenXcom).

For example i read that you implemented the grenade launcher addition but i did not see any ruleset reference to that about how to use.

Please enlighten me..

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: June 25, 2017, 08:48:36 pm »
Is there a place which we can see every new things added by XCE+ with some info and how to do it?

Ohartenstein and myself have answered this question already: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4784.msg84355.html#msg84355

There are the things mentioned in that post:
 - Yankes' ruleset samples for OXCE
 - my changelog for OXCE+
 - and my release notes for OXCE+;
...and the ruleset of existing mods for OXCE+ like:
 - PirateZ (piratez actually contains almost 100% of features from OXCE+, since they were mostly made for this mod)
 - Xcom Files
 - and a few more
...which is already a lot... it's not given to you on a silver platter, true, but I have only so much time and I rather spend it on development than on thorough documentation (for now)... time will come when the documentation will get a priority too.

In the meantime, same as for OpenXcom, everyone is welcome to help create a ruleset wiki...

For example i read that you implemented the grenade launcher addition but i did not see any ruleset reference to that about how to use.

Grenade launchers can easily be done in vanilla too, many mods have them.
You just need to set arcing trajectory on, like this:

items:
  - type: STR_GRENADE_LAUNCHER
    arcingShot: true

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: June 25, 2017, 08:59:24 pm »
Sry for asking that again, i wanted to be sure to have all the resources and no misses. I will start to search those places and look to that big mods.

As grenade launcher, i mean to add a grenade barrel to normal guns.

I know and understand well, that you are coding and modding same time and there is only some people who can give time for big projects, so a proper wiki would be the last priority.

When you plan to make something big and detailed, you need to know everything before planning, or any single thing you missed will be a huge problem when trying to include it.

Thank you again.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: June 25, 2017, 09:14:14 pm »
As grenade launcher, i mean to add a grenade barrel to normal guns.

Here's an example, directly based on Yankes' ruleset samples.

It's a modded standard rifle:
 - snap shot has been modded to fire 2 shots
 - autoshot has been replaced by a grenade launcher

items:
  - type: STR_RIFLE
    confAimed:
      shots: 1
      name: STR_AIMED_SHOT
      ammoSlot: 0
    confSnap:
      shots: 2
      name: STR_SNAP_SHOT
      ammoSlot: 0
    confAuto:
      shots: 1
      name: STR_FIRE_IN_THE_HOLE
      ammoSlot: 1
    ammo:
      0:
        tuLoad: 10
        toUnload: 20
        compatibleAmmo: [ STR_RIFLE_CLIP ]
      1:
        tuLoad: 20
        toUnload: 40
        compatibleAmmo: [ STR_GL_HE_AMMO ]

When you plan to make something big and detailed, you need to know everything before planning, or any single thing you missed will be a huge problem when trying to include it.

Nah, this is not rocket science :)
OpenXcom wiki was also made more by volunteers than the developers.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:19:52 pm by Meridian »

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: June 25, 2017, 09:21:47 pm »
So we can edit shooting types too now? It's great. Because i plan to make "rifle" type weapons more burst wise, like 3 shot snaps and 10 shot burst, like real life.. but it's very hard to balance at a game like this.

And i tried this but did not work. I think it's because i used XCE+ right? It does not have it as i see it's still ver 37 and this code is at 38..
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:57:56 pm by drages »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: June 27, 2017, 01:31:19 pm »
And i tried this but did not work. I think it's because i used XCE+ right? It does not have it as i see it's still ver 37 and this code is at 38..

Yes, this functionality is only available in OXCE and OXCE+, version 3.8a or later

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: June 27, 2017, 03:05:37 pm »
Yes, this functionality is only available in OXCE and OXCE+, version 3.8a or later

This is what my mind blows.. i don't know maybe heat made me stupier but i am really confused..

I am looking to:

-XCE topic of yankees and it says, it's  ver38.. : https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2915.0.html
-XCE+ topic of yours and it says ver37.. : https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5258.0.html
-Nightly just get updated by your new research code.. : https://openxcom.org/git-builds/

So i see 3 different exe's..  and the final XCE+ at your topic is 37 and when i use it, this code does not work but you say, i need 3.8a which nowhere i can find.. there could be some type missing at this topics about version numbers maybe.

Can you show me where is the 3.8a XCE+ with this multi ammo code and your research fix.

Thank you again..