aliens

Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE discussion thread  (Read 663341 times)

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom Extended
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2014, 10:35:00 pm »
Yankes: Thanks for taking your time for reading my suggestions. Do as you see fit...

Anyway, I think that the weapon slot is a more flexible approach to the theme of "armor specific weapons"... I hope you find sometime the way to implement that... am not in a hurry... I am very grateful with what you give the community with your work!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2014, 08:50:07 am »
Example: a)  Add to armors a "weapon hardpoint" stat, this would have a numerical value...

b) This hardpoint value will be checked against a new "weapon type" stat, or even without needing to add any new stats, to the weapon weight value. If the weapon weight (or type)
                    value is lower or equal to the armor suit hardpoint value, this weapon is compatible, if the weight/type number of the weapon is higher, that weapon would not be able to be used by
                    troops wearing that armor suit.

I think such additions will give more flexibility and tactical options, and will not invalidate any current options available to the modders and gamers.

I think it isn't really needed, you can do the same thing with current possibilities, it just requires some analysis and a lot of balancing (ex. add a non-fixed weapon, but make it extremely heavy, while at the same time giving the armor supposed to carry it similarly huge strength bonus/negative weight). Fixed weapons are mostly needed for 2x2 armor suits or other special-purpose ;)

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2014, 06:25:54 pm »
Yes, but that approach leaves the way open for the player to load a lot of other different things in place of that weapon... I think that if it is no very complicated to code in, this would be a nice addition.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #123 on: October 09, 2014, 05:05:49 am »
Hmm... this idea, after some refinement could be used to implement shields and other stat-changing items that won't be removable during the mission (as the possibility to make them removeable would require a ton of extra coding and would be very bug-friendly). So perhaps this could be it, but the "hardpoint" thing would have to be thought over; ex. defining it for every armor seems suboptimal. So I agree there is space where it could be implemented for the benefit of mankind, but how exactly and when, it's up to the creators of the Extended I guess :)

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 10, 2014, 02:49:21 am »
from irc:
[..] would it be hard to make a function "drop primed grenade on 'unload'-button to un-prime grenade for 50%? of primecosts" ?
[..]
<SupSuper>i dunno, technically it's easy to code, [..]
<SupSuper>maybe suggest it to openxcom extended
<FalkoO>ok
<SupSuper>at least dragging to unload is probably something you can't do accidentally

Offline VSx86

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 10, 2014, 04:48:17 pm »
Extending the abilities for modding is always good, because you allow and provide
more options for creative work. I suspect that many of OXXT (OpenXcom eXTended)
innovations will be added to main OXC sooner or later.  ;)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2014, 09:18:54 pm »
from irc:
[..] would it be hard to make a function "drop primed grenade on 'unload'-button to un-prime grenade for 50%? of primecosts" ?
[..]
<SupSuper>i dunno, technically it's easy to code, [..]
<SupSuper>maybe suggest it to openxcom extended
<FalkoO>ok
<SupSuper>at least dragging to unload is probably something you can't do accidentally
I will think about this. This probably will be easy to do.

Extending the abilities for modding is always good, because you allow and provide
more options for creative work. I suspect that many of OXXT (OpenXcom eXTended)
innovations will be added to main OXC sooner or later.  ;)
Probably later ;P Its because my primary goal is create mod platform not obey original rules. I already made some changes that should no be in basic OXC.
Example of this is how I handle unconscious unit under explosion, In my version explosion must kill unit first before it can remove body.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2014, 11:01:55 am »
Example of this is how I handle unconscious unit under explosion, In my version explosion must kill unit first before it can remove body.

That's the best thing I heard this week. :)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2014, 11:41:07 am »
That's the best thing I heard this week. :)

That's actually there for a long time, which brings me back to my old request: Can you PLEASE give us a detailed readme along with the exe? Hoe EXACTLY do i set up the different parameters e.g. the damageboni, hoew EXACTLY does the entry in the rul look like? Do I need to add the word damagebonus BEFORE I add the other boni?

This exe is of NO use without documentation.

Example (copied from the Modportal):

damageBonus: #used by ammo nad psi-amp   strength: 0.1 #default value 1.0 if `strengthApplied: true`   psi: 0.0 #bonus equal `psiSkill*psiStrength`   psiSkill: 0.5   psiStrength: 1.0

What is a costious unit btw?

Anyway

does the correct entry look like this:

-damageBonus: Strength: 0.5

or does it look like this

damagebonus:
     Strength: 0.5

or does it look like

damagebonus: 0.5

Can I combine the boni?

PLEASE POST A README!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 11:47:13 am by new_civilian »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 11, 2014, 12:43:26 pm »
I remember that, simply I didn't do any new release yet to include it ;P In next version I will do it (that will be today or tomorrow).

You copied it wrong way, without line breaks and spaces its useless.
Proper rul should look like:
Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_RIFLE_CLIP
    size: 0.1
    costBuy: 200
    costSell: 150
    weight: 3
    bigSprite: 2
    floorSprite: 2
    hitSound: 22
    hitAnimation: 0
    power: 30
    damageType: 1
    damageAlter: #property added by mod
      FixRadius: 5
      SmokeThreshold: 6
      ToEnergy: 1
      ToTime: 0
      ToHealth: 0
      ToMorale: 1
    damageBonus: #property added by mod
      strength: 0.6
      psi: 0.3
    clipSize: 20
    battleType: 2
Remember spaces and letter case matter.

damage bonuses from unit stats are additive, if you add more than one then it will add all values.

"What is a costious unit btw?" unconscious unit == stunned unit ("uncostius" text is typo).

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2014, 07:56:41 pm »
New version is ready.

Damage can now affect TU (Flashbang :D), Energy, Morale (with bravery resistance) and can you can ignore default morale lose form dmg.
TU Throw and Prime cost in % for items.
Fixed weapons for armors.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2014, 05:23:20 pm »
Gee, wonderful! You guys rock!  :) *happy*

Offline Sturm

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2014, 04:58:14 am »
I will think about this. This probably will be easy to do.
Probably later ;P Its because my primary goal is create mod platform not obey original rules. I already made some changes that should no be in basic OXC.
The reverse could be cool too. Explosions being able to cause body/equipment destruction on living soldiers.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2014, 11:17:29 am »
The reverse could be cool too. Explosions being able to cause body/equipment destruction on living soldiers.

Definitely - it'd make "nuke"-type weapons more balanced and realistic (Blaster but also literal nukes), by destroying all the loot. Right now a Blaster can be used safely, since a single explosion, no matter how powerful, can only kill an unit and the damage doesn't carry over to the corpse/equipment.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2014, 04:24:18 pm »
Excellent idea, Dioxine! You are one creative person.

Some feedback after testing the exe:

You converted me. Now I no longer care about any official exes (and other exes) anymore, THIS is the way to go.
Dioxine and very other megamod-maker: Switch to this exe, it adds so many possibilities.

And best off all: you can just add one more ntiny rulset with all the Extended- changes  and leave the rest of your mods unaltered, that's what I made in my personal mod combination.

One of the coolest (and easy to miss) changes is the ability to make a weapon wound enemies, I simply added those to the shotguns and similar weapons. Also great: You can add a morale damge bonus to e.g. Incendiary weapons, I'm burning, help meeeeee.  ;D Ther zombie-proof armor you always wanted? here you go. Tired of your Enforcer-robots turning into Zombies after Chryssalid-attacks? Just use this exe and make their armour immune. Ever wanted a dual-wielding armor with integrated weapons?  and and and.....

wow.

Really, I do not know what to say, this is just plain awesome. and everything works so far! Have to test the ALTSPRITE feature today, I added a prined graphic to my Naymore mod for that...

Anyway, a BIG thanks to Yankes and everyone else participating in this!