aliens

Author Topic: Hostile gangs and civilians  (Read 68576 times)

Offline DiceMaster

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Some thoughts for after version 1.0
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2012, 09:37:06 am »
I always thought why their hands are so weird?

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2012, 09:53:56 am »
Some manly girl in game is acceptable.

I do not like manly girl ::)

Will you make some slim baby later?

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2012, 10:15:18 am »
"I always thought why their hands are so weird?"

Not Sure really, i use the same sprites , there in the same order so im not sure WHY they look a little weird. Tonight i may boot up the original and just double check how a Hand Hangs in the original compared to these.

As for Slim girls ,i sure will , they require special leg and arm sprites ( which is what made the Civ girls such a pain to make ) as the MAN ones need to be thinned out. Plus some of us like our girls a little chunky  ;)

HERE is a original X-com agent, it looks the same to me, maybe your just use to seeing them with weapons in there hands ;) Also first look at Blue Gang
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:38:09 am by luke83 »

Volutar

Re: Hostile gangs and civilians
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2012, 03:31:49 pm »
This picture reminds me something like that...

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2012, 09:56:44 pm »
haha , I was thinking about bodybuilders but weight lifters work also. The Beefy looking girls actually inspired the Guys sprites ;D

Maybe we should keep that image for the inventory screen ;D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 11:42:41 pm by luke83 »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2012, 11:19:34 am »
Here are some soldiers modded from Bagirovs work. I think his colours ( and shading) on these ones looks better than his Urban ones.

FYI- That means the following sprites are finished ( until they can be used in game and someone points out another issue)
*Red Gang
*Green Soldier
*Male Civilian
*Female Civilian

I have done the males from the blue gang also , i just need to think about those chunky girls , should i keep them OR just have 2 types of guys in the gang?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:28:49 pm by luke83 »

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2012, 01:59:55 pm »
Wow, the soldiers look quite cool.

They look more meaner than the original X-Com soldiers. Love them.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2012, 02:10:56 pm »
I only re-worked the heads ( so they where not clones of x-com agents) , the credit goes to Bagirvs - Who ever that is :P

I really want another set of soldiers for Civilian Variety but the rest of his sprites will need a little more work to make them look ok.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 02:13:05 pm by luke83 »

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2012, 04:44:41 pm »
I always liked fations in X-Com Apocalypse. Having rival organizations spawning around the globe like X-Com but with less resources would be so awesome... A diplomacy feature would also be cool. Hard to implement, I know but one can always dream. :P

Reasons for them spawning could be the following:

-Not satisfied enough with X-Com performance: Most likely a faction made of the country's military forces or a private X-Com like organization if it's at least 2 countries one next to another. They will only be active in their territory.

-Totally influenced by alien activity: Free alien base for the country also containing human/hybrid soldiers.

-No longer influenced by aliens: Not really an organization, if X-Com destroys the country's bases provided by aliens and all its military forces, the country will succumb into anarchy, no longer being able to be influenced by any faction. Any Tactical mission in their territory will contain hostile gangs of humans and hybrids that will attack anyone that isn't one of them.

-Ignored UFO crash sites: Secret organization not friendly with X-Com but attacking all UFO crash sites to recover alien tech for their own ends.

-High alien activity Low X-Com activity: Secret worldwide X-Com like organization neutral to X-Com.

-Selling equipment that doesn't need Elirium: A major [Sold Item] manufacturer that will considerably decrease selling prices but will also allow you to buy that item.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 04:49:02 pm by Chiko »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2012, 12:14:46 pm »
OK  i am all sprited out for now, below is a link to my currently modded sprites. I may not do any more until i can actually start using these in game as people other than X-com agents.

In the link provided you will find
*Red Gang
*Blue Gang
*Green Soldier
*Male Civilian
*Female Civilian

This is by no means the FINAL version of all but until i can use them in game this is the point i will leave them at.

https://www.mediafire.com/?vh5429cfa045t0y

IF you decide to test these files and find any graphical bugs , or things you don't like please take a screen shot and post a message. I really want to improve these so people can use them in game when OpenX is completed for extra missions and increased variety,  so i want to make sure there up to standard. If you find something and you fix it yourself please be kind and share it with the rest of us ( This includes if you make your own images).

All my changes have been done using:
 PCKView
https://sourceforge.net/projects/xcmapedit/files/
 GIMP
https://www.gimp.org/downloads/
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 12:16:23 pm by luke83 »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2012, 04:26:12 pm »
This is some bug I find in your graphic.
Biggest problem is with women legs. When you rotate solders feet should move in circle on ground. In case of women legs its isnt. Try rotate fast unit, you will see that legs dont rotate but "jump" from place to place. Compare this with original one.
and remember women legs should look good
look on this legs:

you probably see difference? :D

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2012, 12:48:13 am »
Thanks for the reply Yanks,
 In the girls screen-shot , you have there hips circled, this is something i need to fix ( thanks for pointing it out) i believe the jacket is meant to hang lower around the BUM on all sprites , so i will look into this next weekend.  As for there feet JUMPING as the rotate , i will double check that also but to make these i chopped up the original sprites so unless i have made a error there when i placed them i am note sure what is happening.  Also  NICE LEGS  :P I don't think it possible to make them look like the ones you attached , the Girls legs are only 2 pixels wide , make it hard to make them sexy ( plus if i did make them sexy you would be distracted when playing the game allowing the aliens to conquer the earth, we don't want that do we?)

Also (YANKS) those red belts on the blue guys , Did you add this OR is that in my Sprites?

Also be warned everyone, the blue gang was kind of a rush job so i know there will be more updates required on them, i just really want to start working on my new map type , its actually keeping me up at night thinking about it so i need to start :D
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:13:51 am by luke83 »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2012, 02:08:04 am »
red colors is for pointing out my problems :) in last screenshot problem is that belt is always straight line.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2012, 02:15:49 am »
there should not be a belt :o , checking my install now....

UPDATE:
NO there is not Red belt on my install, is your x-com a standard install or have you tweaked something? Anyone else getting red belts?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 02:21:14 am by luke83 »

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2012, 08:38:55 am »
I think Yankes is saying that he manually added the red line to show you where he sees a problem: in this case, the fact that the waistline of the guys should not be perfectly horizontal in all rotations. especially when the "blue gang guy" is facing diagonally, the viewing angle should make the waistline oblique.