aliens

Author Topic: Hostile gangs and civilians  (Read 68488 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: Some thoughts for after version 1.0
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2011, 03:40:56 pm »
OK half way there on the male civs , i just need to do there legs and Dying sprites.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2011, 04:33:15 pm »
i like it :>

Offline MKSheppard

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2011, 09:45:37 pm »
Option to let morale track over between missions. When people got iced on a mission, global morale for that mission went down; but it always reset between missions - e.g. nobody cared that the last mission that went out got 75% casualties. This led to 'gamey' cheats like sending rookies with pistols and a primed prox grenades into UFOs to clear out the entrance.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2011, 01:09:27 pm »
OK Male Civilians have been converted to carry weapons only thing i want to do is change the sprites for when they are empty handed, just so they look more like the original.

https://www.mediafire.com/?ktuv6b43s71al37
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:41:56 pm by luke83 »

Volutar

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2011, 02:33:13 pm »
Why are they so bright? To get spotted by aliens more effectively???

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2011, 02:47:09 pm »
There actually the original civilian sprites chopped into pieces and pasted onto separate xcom troop sprite , i only touched up where the hands where on the previous sprites nothing more . i assume the brightness has something to do with them replacing the x-com troops on a night mission ( i was just checking everything look ok whilst walking so i thought i would take a screen shot).

I guess any feedback is good feedback :P

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 04:17:33 pm »
So basically what have you done so far is to "reskin" the soldiers, right?

Can we expect to see civilians with guns instead of only scared civilians on a terror mission?

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 07:18:31 pm »
Re-skinned solders . YES - still even cheating like this , that is hours and hours of work ::)

"Can we expect to see civilians with guns instead of only scared civilians on a terror mission?"
Thats is the long term Dream , would be nice to also allow the aliens as a tactic to be able to mind probe a civilian , grab a gun off a corpse and attack the xcom agent so the you need to decide to either, kill this poor soul and take the point losts or wait for a  stunner  :o NOW thats a terror tactic . This could be a nice surprise late in the game if only the etherals use this tactic.

I will be doing the girl sprite next then i want to do the army looking guy from terror from the deep . Imagine a new mission type where you need to defend a human army base from a massive alien attack with the army guys trying to help you  ;D

Im not much of a programmer so i though i would do the graphics first in a long shot that i could get someone with the proper skills interested enough to do the code side for the community, Otherwise wait 5 years for me to figure  the code out later :P Currently i am hoping " IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME" ;)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:52:10 pm by luke83 »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2011, 03:03:39 pm »
Just a update , i have started the girl sprites.

Volutar

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2011, 03:30:02 pm »
It seems to me, the girl who's on the top of screenshot (we see her back) is rendered wrong. Like hands behing her back.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2011, 11:51:34 pm »
theres actuallyl a few wrong ones at the moment :P

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2012, 02:28:47 pm »
I have not done any of these in some time because of life commitments but tonight i did a few more . I still have a lot of Arms to change and then go through all 3 sets  ( Red Coat Gang , Male Civs and Female Civs ) and make them all pretty.
 I also want to create a army solider also for either the Random Country trying to help the x-com agents when a terror site is within there country OR to fight x-com agents when  the country has signed a Peace pact with the aliens.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:24:13 am by luke83 »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 10:40:42 am »
OK so i wont be needing any soldier sprites as someone called "Bagirov" ( i think) has already done a mod with different X-com agents outfits in different environments. This saves me alot of work for my own little plans  :D 

I hope its ok to link to the strategy core page  ;) https://www.strategycore.co.uk/files/index.php?dlid=652

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 12:59:38 pm »
The extra units choosing side against aliens or against xcom sound interesting.
I suggest that they could be spawned like normal civilians on the terror map, and they act like civilians, but once you "discover" this unit it will automatically join you.
And vice versa for the civilians in a country allied with the aliens.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:01:42 pm by Daiky »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2012, 01:07:02 am »
Dalky, when you say when its discovered it joins you , do you mean that you gain full control of the unit ? My original intention was just to have these guys automated by the computer but full control sounds interesting.
  Dont get me wrong since im not really a programmer in the end they will probably just do what is easier for me to figure out by myself within the code, unless someone more intelligent than me takes the sprites  and does the code for them :P

Tonight i should have the Female Civs  Finished also. Then i want to go back through and look at how each piece looks in the game and make sure i have not done some arms wrong or something.  I also want to change the heads on the all the non x-com units so there not all X-com clones. As for the civilians i am thinking of having the original Male and female images from the game as the  MALE sprite option and having a second Face as the female version to add a little more variety to the game. Plus if yanks gets his Skin change code sorted for the game this should make things a little less generic .

At worse these may never see the light of day in game but that's ok , i have had fun doing them ;) All the sprites will be posted online in case someone wants them someday. 8)