Author Topic: [BETA] Rebalance aliens  (Read 46334 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [BETA] Rebalance aliens
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 05:24:44 pm »
Nice recolour, Aldorn!

Can we have an orange too, to go with that orange Power Suit?

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 05:31:06 pm »
like this?

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 06:50:07 pm »
It's really nice and I've manage to make this work (after many game crash  :P )

But I'm afraid I'll never can do graphical adjustement myself without a better understanding of all of this. Can you give me the 4 floorob corpse file for the gauss HWP (blue-alloy) ? I have tried to make some with MIBTANK but it doesn't work.
At this time, I have only those

Try this with Aseprite (sorry I will not make a full tutorial right now)

- Open one PNG with Aseprite
- Shift + R (or via menu) to open Colour Replacement Dialog
- Select From => Idx 251 (you will that the dark blue color becomes light grey : it is just to show you which pixels will be replaced)
- Select To => Idx 135 (now pixels will become light blue)
- OK => this will make the colour replacement

Also, I repeat :
- open PNG with any tool that shows you which idx is for sprite you want to replace (or do it directly under Aseprite but you will have to click on colours until in replacement dialog box until you find the one that you want to replace...)
- start with the darker one (for example here I think 251)
- decide new colour (here 135 - bad choice see below)
- then make same for 250 to be replaced with 134, 249 with 133, ...

Better to know before how long is your range (ex. 244-251 => 8/ sprites) then you can decide with which range you will replace it (in given example, 244 -> 128 but 128 is not blue anymore, so beware of that) If you do so, you will keep same aspect, just change colour range

Hope it is a bit clear anyway :P

As an example, if my notes are correct :
- for the green one (Mass Accelerator), I replaced range [82..93] with [66..77] and [179..186] with [67..74]
- for the yellow one (Heat-Ray); I replaced [82..93] with [146..157] and [179..186] with [147..154]

EDIT : or use Falko tool if you succeed  ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 06:55:57 pm by Aldorn »

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2014, 06:57:03 pm »
like this?
Didn't it replace some colours of the antigrav movement sprites ?
Should perhaps split the file before using your tool ?

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2014, 06:59:41 pm »
Nice recolour, Aldorn!

All is WIP, mate, so I am not ready for a request, I prefer first finish my recolouring  :-[

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 07:02:01 pm »
Didn't it replace some colours of the antigrav movement sprites ?
Should perhaps split the file before using your tool ?
yeah could be that some green is there
splitting is an option or using another base or using a non-green tank as base or one easily could copy/paste the original hover sprites back
doing the color replacement 16-32 times seems like a lot of work for me

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 07:05:25 pm »
EDIT : or use Falko tool if you succeed  ;)
is there a problem i missed or does it need more documentation?
https://falkooxc.pythonanywhere.com/palconvert => select mixcolors
lets take the example green tank -> orange tank
you select your green tank image than in dropdown mixcolor and ufo-battlscape in the right dropdown
if you select mixcolor a further image pops up where you can reorder the color rows
you cklick on the rows and right of it appears the new order of colors
in the tank case i just clicked through from top to bottom but for the two green rows i clicked the orangy ones instead
convert -> done
(the first color-row is not shown currently because it contains color-0=transparency and that could lead to confusion )

Offline LeBashar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 07:18:39 pm »
It's fine, the problem is I haven't got obtain the complete filesheet with your tool for the tank. I have something like this : (see attachement) and so I haven't success to make the game work with this one.

But with aldorn sheet it work perfeclty, as the game, as your tool. (in my first attemp, I have obtain a totally wrong sheet, I don't know why and I can't show you the file I have delete and I can't reproduce the problem  ??? )

I haven't photoshop nor aseprite, and each time I try to do something with my one software nothing work (except for ufopedia picture).

But it is not really matter for now, I will pursue the construction of the bones of my mod, and see skins thing latter when everything will be complete.

So after some test I have slightly modify autocannon, and finally achieve to replace the melee attack of cilacoid by a short range blazing incendiary burst which is very interestring in game.  :)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2014, 08:04:29 pm »
you select your green tank image than in dropdown mixcolor and ufo-battlscape in the right dropdown
if you select mixcolor a further image pops up where you can reorder the color rows
in the tank case i just clicked through from top to bottom but for the two green rows i clicked the orangy ones instead
convert -> done
(the first color-row is not shown currently because it contains color-0=transparency and that could lead to confusion )
Do not pay attention, for the moment I did not succeed to make it work but I did not spare enough time on it, so I am guilty
I trust your tools, I did not say this did not work
I will have a look at your explanations

As I will remake all HWP, I will for sure use this tool ;)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2014, 10:41:29 am »
convert -> done

Once more, a wonderful tool !  ::)

I think you could effectively add short explanation above, this would be very useful  :)

Regarding issue of recoloring part of PNG that we did not want to, we just have to copy and past original part back to it, so it's absolutely not an issue

What about a second version in the future (in addition, not as replacement) ?
- despite it already makes 90% of the job, it should be nice to be able to use the first row (perhaps with an option to replace transparent colour 0 with 1, and not be able to replace this first row, also right first column automatically equal to it)
- possibility to select ranges...  ::) (that should solve the point just above too) : also instead of selecting the global row, be able to select part of row (I guess, not easy to make it user friendly) ; or possibility to add an offset for each row (to make it for example a little darker : +2 ; a little lighter : -3)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 11:17:33 am by Aldorn »

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2014, 10:52:02 am »
Nice recolour, Aldorn!

Solars, does the orange one from Falko fit your expectations ?

Offline LeBashar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2014, 12:29:18 pm »
This is attachement for my v1.1 mod, I have add :
- laser tech tree is reverse, we discover craft cannon fisrt, then heavy laser > rifle > pistol. The laser weapon tech need discover of alien alloy and alien UFO source, for slight delay it and give some sort of explanation to the discover of a way to make this kind of weaponry.
- three alloy armor HWP, manufacturable after research of "anti plasma armor" a new quick research allowed by alien alloy, which replace personnal armor. -> I think it is easier to improve tank armor before make a personnal armor.
- the alloy laser HWP need anti plasma armor and of course laser cannon
- the personnal armor could be search after anti plasma armor, and is totally change : near no better "armor" stat, but 60% plasma resistance. this make something which protect much than vanilla's against plasma and pistol and rifle, but less against anything else. without energy empowerment, this armor is weighty and give -6 strenght malus.
- plasma weaponry discovries need aliens origin and elerium-115 research
- the silacoid have a new attack at short range, IC based, moderate radius, and very quick reaction.
- a compatible ruleset for MIB mod

Future plans : add new aliens weapons, in reaction to x-com anti plasma tech, and modify power and flying suit.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2014, 11:25:07 pm »
As you asked me for wreks floorobs, they are all available here

Offline LeBashar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2014, 12:28:36 am »
Excellent, merci  :)

Offline LeBashar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2014, 11:17:34 am »
I have add some TUs  to the reaper and it seem good, but now I ask myslef if they should be able to do some damage at and armored tank or not ? (actually they're not, but I ask this question because they seem love to attack tank before soldiers if there is some).