Author Topic: [Crafts][Weapons] XCom Armoury Expanded - v1.03  (Read 112558 times)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Crafts][Weapons] XCom Armoury Expanded - v1.01 !!
« Reply #195 on: June 30, 2016, 09:25:08 pm »
Damn, that's a tricky one.. I never play with HWPs (this new module is an attempt to make them more interesting for myself, mostly) so I never noticed that.

I have no knowledge of how to make maps, these were created by Aldorn for me. I will try to get a hold on him and see if he can fix it. If not, I don't know what to do. I can't even run MapView (although that might be the incentive I need to finally figure out if it's possible on Linux).

My apologies! The only way to make it work for now is to hack the ruleset and give your tank hovering capabilities by changing the movement type... :/ Not great.
Sorry to up this old topic, but I found a solution to fix the ramp issue making tanks not able to exit new crafts
Check here for related hint

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: [Crafts][Weapons] XCom Armoury Expanded - v1.03
« Reply #196 on: July 01, 2016, 02:15:53 pm »
Hi Aldorn!

Thanks for dropping by, and with a fix no less. I feel like it was fixed in my wip version, but might well never have made it in a release as I was abducted by Piratez. I'll look into it next time I start a vanilla game!

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2016, 10:11:51 am »
...is this mod dead?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2016, 05:01:09 pm »
Not dead but.. in a coma?

I haven't played vanilla in a while and so haven't worked on this mod either. As far as I know it should work, but seeing bits of a LP a while ago showed that something went wrong with graphics indices and this may not be represented properly..

I will look into it eventually, but there was a lull in interest and a rush for Piratez, which included me, so I stopped development. I expect to get back in sometime this summer.

Did you have any specific hope, comment or request?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2016, 05:42:12 pm »
Not really on topic, but I don't think it warrants a new thread just yet... And it's related.
Some other gaming communities (Dwarf Fortress comes to mind) have a concept called "a mod orphanage". This means that if you don't want to develop a mod further, you can "officially" put it up for adoption. Such a mod goes to the "orphanage" where it is maintained by a caretaker to at least remain up to date with the game engine, and someone can even adopt it fully to develop it seriously.
I really like this system, as it allows mods to remain alive independently from a person. But of course it requires a charity modder who would work on the orphans with little credit.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2016, 06:03:46 pm »
That's interesting. That's sort of what I intended with the XAE, by taking a bunch of older mods and bringing them back up to date at the time. I added a bit by also making sure that they were compatible and balanced with each others, but kept them independent from each others in most cases as well so users could pick. And of course I added a bunch of my own mods, because it's almost impossible to be involved in mods without wanting to make up stuff ;)

So in general, I guess I am quite favorable to such an idea. I can't do maps (no mapview on Linux  >:( ) but I think I can do pretty much everything else. I said, I'll get back to it eventually, so the XAE isn't quite ready for the orphanage. It's more of a neglected child than an abandoned one. Once I get back into it, I probably will look into incorporating more old mods into the framework too. Provided mods aren't too game changing, I feel like making them compatible and balanced is almost as important as up-to-date, otherwise using more than a few gives a garbled collection without much of an experience.

If you have any suggestion of mods/features, feel free to list them. The more interest, the more likely I am to get back in the XAE.

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 16, 2016, 03:00:34 pm »
I wish I had something more substantial to suggest, but I suddenly got sucked into Area 51.  Damn you, Hobbes.

Anyway if you ever have the time, you could start small by updating the mod to use the nightlies file system.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 16, 2016, 08:22:37 pm »
There are several comprehensive mods that are indeed very captivating. I am trying to compile a version of the nightly but facing some stupid issues with modifications I need to do so it's taking longer than expected. Hopefully I'll figure it out by next weekend.

Then updating the mod to the nightly and releasing the wip version I had will be top priority.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 20, 2020, 12:32:34 am »
I made recoloured versions of the Laser Pistol & Laser Storm Pistol from Arthanor's XCom Armoury Expanded mod.

The red on both weapons has been shifted to a bright yellow / golden colour.

For those interested in using them with XCom Armoury Expanded V1.03 replace the following files found in the "/XComArmoury_v1.03a/Resources/XCom_Armoury_Expanded/Laser/" folder with the altered ones and they will show up in the game:
. LaserPistol_BIGOBS.PNG
. LaserPistol_FLOOROB.PNG
. LaserPistol_HANDOB.PNG
. LaserStormPistol_BIGOBS.png

Spoiler: