Author Topic: [Request] Extra facilities for human base  (Read 68959 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [Request] Corridor for human base
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2014, 03:02:46 pm »
What about making 1st floor a storage place, to make it more "valuable" (with a restricted capacity compared to "General Store")

Seconded!
Also do as the Piratez mod did, and add a little cargo capacity to the Hangar - it makes sense, as craft equipment should be stored in hangars, no?

There is a way to prevent a single base to be sufficient : adapt capacity limitations. In my previous attempts to make a personal mod, I decided to reduce capacities, as for example :
- Live Quarters : 50 -> 10
- General Store : 50 -> 20
- Alien Containment : 10 -> 1

That's kinda extreme, I mean the last one. :P
But I'd like to see the Living Quarters capacity decreased, as long as we can have two-layer bases.

3) Garage

Another idea of facility (but I do not know if capacity limitation is possible to be modded) : a "Garage" = small 1x1 hangar for HWP (with a capacity of n HWP)

I think them being in the stores is fine. It's just a robot...

Offline Human Ktulu

• Colonel
  • Cuistre !
    • View Profile
Re: [Request] Extra facilities for human base
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2014, 03:16:43 pm »
3) Garage

Another idea of facility (but I do not know if capacity limitation is possible to be modded) : a "Garage" = small 1x1 hangar for HWP (with a capacity of n HWP)
In vanilla game, HWP use only 6 space of store ! I dont know if it's possible technically.

4) Control Center

I think my proposition below is not a really good idea, but anyway, just in case some people would like to brainstorm on it...

Rather than (or in addition to) making "Control Center" necessary to launch crafts, simply make it necessary to control entire base, and be also a "decisive" facility, I mean : protect it whatever happens, because losing it would mean losing entire base (do not know if possible to mod this)

Inconvenient of this proposition : as it would have to be placed as soon as you create any base (as access lift), this would mean you would not be able to place it far away from access lift, which could make base defense very difficult to organize, specially in upper difficulty levels... That's why it is not a so good idea :-((
The solution it's to have only one command center for all the bases but with the possibility of building this installation on others bases for security. If all command center are destroyed = game over.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2014, 03:19:45 pm »
Regarding Control Center, your idea is a nice work around !

It is always useful to share ideas with other for some brainstorming ;-)

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2014, 03:44:35 pm »
I've sometime wondered about a communication center, a facility giving <= 5% worldwide detection. Or much more, if it's manned by a new category of personal, "operators".
Though I have no idea how "long" the crafts uncovered in this manner should be visible.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2014, 03:53:45 pm »
I've sometime wondered about a communication center, a facility giving <= 5% worldwide detection. Or much more, if it's manned by a new category of personal, "operators".
Though I have no idea how "long" the crafts uncovered in this manner should be visible.

You give me an idea : the Control Center could have a half "small radar" range in addition, and replace default small radar at start of the game

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2014, 04:47:17 pm »
You give me an idea : the Control Center could have a half "small radar" range in addition, and replace default small radar at start of the game

OK, but that'd be in addition to the functionality proposed by Human Ktulu.

Offline Camalex97

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2014, 07:32:57 pm »
it would be cool if we could have a tftd styled base defense (sorry if this is off topic) where you have aliens trying to get inside of your base where you have fortifications setup to stop them, and then you had your second layer of your base which is just whatever you have it setup as, what do you guys think?

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Request] Corridor for human base
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2014, 03:14:53 pm »
That's kinda extreme, I mean the last one. :P
But I'd like to see the Living Quarters capacity decreased, as long as we can have two-layer bases.

You are right...
I thought about it, and I will raise up to 5
But I will create an Alien Containment per Alien Race...

Sectoid Autopsy -> Sectoid Containment available to produce
Mutton Autopsy -> Mutton Containment available to produce

Thanks to have driven me on the right way   ;)

EDIT : I did not think about how to prevent a live mutton to be accepted in a sectoid containment... Too bad !
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 03:58:33 pm by Aldorn »

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2014, 03:17:40 pm »
it would be cool if we could have a tftd styled base defense (sorry if this is off topic) where you have aliens trying to get inside of your base where you have fortifications setup to stop them, and then you had your second layer of your base which is just whatever you have it setup as, what do you guys think?

Excellent idea. And it should be technically possible, the last mission (Cydonia) uses a two-stage layout already.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2014, 03:41:43 pm »
Two stage defense mission is bad idea. Who will defend in second part? You split your troops and lave half to death on surface?
Better idea would be that you choose where you fight, ground will dont give lot of protection (you are attacking them before they enter base) or underground where aliens can break you facilitates (new mechanic, every building that aliens enters is out of order for some time after battle).
This will give interesting decision depending on your strength, where you want made last stand :)

Offline Human Ktulu

• Colonel
  • Cuistre !
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2014, 08:24:02 pm »
... and my request ?  :'(

If someone can simply make it, just an simple corridor for moment, I will be happiest !

;)

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2014, 04:36:33 pm »
I dont know where the facilitiy sprites are located, sry  :-[

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2014, 09:12:07 pm »
I remember an other game, UFO afterlight, ...

it has human traning facilities and other ...

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2014, 12:09:01 pm »
fwiw, I tried to make a simple corridor but could not get it to show up in the base defense missions, it worked in the base layout screens (using the Access lift icon) but not in the tactical game. Maybe it had to do wit the fact that I made it have only 1 level. Atm I am pretty much occupied by my work on another mod, so don't expect anything from me.

Offline Human Ktulu

• Colonel
  • Cuistre !
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2014, 09:32:53 pm »
Don't worry civillian, "all things come to him who waits" (it is my future epitaph).