Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1612304 times)

Offline Carfax

• Sergeant
  • Question your own beliefs once a year
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2745 on: April 05, 2018, 07:57:17 pm »
Hi
I am trying to include the soldiers diversity mod into the FMP mainly because i want the flags. As far a i could see it the Names were allready included, but how do i get these Flags displayed in the Soldiers pannel? Just activating the mod additonal to FMP doesn't work and including the rulesets and the other files with the mods of FMP doesn't work either. Any Ideas?

Regards Carfax

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2746 on: April 05, 2018, 09:20:41 pm »
I am trying to include the soldiers diversity mod into the FMP mainly because i want the flags. As far a i could see it the Names were allready included, but how do i get these Flags displayed in the Soldiers pannel? Just activating the mod additonal to FMP doesn't work and including the rulesets and the other files with the mods of FMP doesn't work either. Any Ideas?

The flags require using OXCE+ instead of the standard branch.

Offline Carfax

• Sergeant
  • Question your own beliefs once a year
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: April 05, 2018, 09:37:01 pm »
Thanks Scorch

Meanwhile i figured it out myself. Before i jut got the OXCE+.exe not the all the files. Corrected that and now it works. Thanks anyway

Regards Carfax

Offline sedygrizly

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: April 14, 2018, 10:15:30 am »
Hi guys. Started playing FMP after long time again. I have two big problems now.... nr. 1 being major problem.

1) Already half of my experienced crew doesnt have full HP, resulting in low TU, accuracy etc. But they arent wounded. I can assign them to craft, they wont heal over time when staying at base. Half of my troops are currently crippled and i cant find any way how to fix them.

2) Is there any way how to disable MiB mod? Last time i played it, it was already pain in ass. Alliens have common sense, they defend good strategic points. But not MiB. They just split all across map, making them both easy target but also you spend hour searching them all (thanks for new maps with caves, they love to hide there....). Anyway, that wasnt such big issue, but now... now MiB blow up everything. Theres plenty of guys with some ridiculous mini nuclear weapon (never though ill consider devils bomb as tickle thing...). Blast radius at least 15 tiles, vaporizing everything except craft walls. Havent found out yet what that thing is. Every mission i had with them ended up with like 70-80% map turning into wasteland. And their AI....ok, this shot would kill 1 xcom soldier and like 4 MiB comrades... BAM. Mhm, this shot would kill me... BAM. Wtfh is that, why dont they just run with tripped grenades to me. Its just BAM BAM BAM all time, with absolutely no sense. MiB AI has obviously no idea about that blast radius.
Ive stopped going these missions and ill never go there again...kinda shame, i wanted to know whats "storyline" behind MiB. But when theres no difference between clearing area or throwing nuke there..why bother clearing. Havent found any usefull salvage anyway there. But i dont know what consequences shooting them down and leaving crash sited will have. Bad score obviously... but im curous if its enough to stop/slow down their agenda.

EDIT: My base invaded, im calm, couse i have nice defensive layout. But wait, its mighty MiB, ignoring classic spawnpoints. Spawning all their tanks into radar rooms, so instead of my troops camping chokepoint, my troops are cornered into several areas. Tanks are invulnareable to my weapons anyway, so goodbye base. Really, that MiB mod is lovely.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 01:32:58 pm by sedygrizly »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: April 14, 2018, 12:56:37 pm »
1) Already half of my experienced crew doesnt have full HP, resulting in low TU, accuracy etc. But they arent wounded. I can assign them to craft, they wont heal over time when staying at base. Half of my troops are currently crippled and i cant find any way how to fix them.

Upload a save (or at least a screenshot), I will have a look...

Offline sedygrizly

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: April 14, 2018, 01:39:24 pm »

You can find that soldiers at base1, top rank at start of list. After last masacre at big UFO theres just few left, but should be enough.

I havent played modified UFO much, so i can just simply missunderstand some mechanic. Its most likely cause. But if not, i have idea bellow.
I have a feel that it can be related to stun damage. Becouse in that last massacre i had only two survivors, one of them was great general who wiped out half map. He survived with full hp (miracle, took few hits), but after that misson, he got crippled too. But he got plenty of stun dmg (do i understand it correctly, stun dmg is when part of heath bar turns almost white?) maybe some lasted to end of mission.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 02:01:00 pm by sedygrizly »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: April 14, 2018, 03:34:44 pm »
This is perfectly normal.

The dark red shows health your soldier started with (cca 35) and the light red shows the improvement (for a total of cca 55).
Same for all other stats.

If you start the mission with less TUs than maximum... it is because you have overburdened your soldier... the carrying capacity is equal to soldier's strength... if you give give more, there is TU penalty.

Offline sedygrizly

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: April 14, 2018, 07:25:13 pm »
Ah ok, sorry about fuss. I guess i started overloading my soldiers at one point then... although i dont load them with much stuff and i use same setup from beginning. Ill make some calculations then. Thanks for fast response.

EDIT: or dont be a idiot and enable extra inventory informations...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 07:35:44 pm by sedygrizly »

Online yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: April 14, 2018, 10:15:07 pm »
or dont be a idiot and enable extra inventory informations...
Spoiler:

« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:17:38 pm by yergnoor »

Offline OldGamerX-COM

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: April 15, 2018, 12:44:03 am »
I use Nightlies version "openxcom_git_master_2018_02_22_0631" and Final Mod Pack 1.9.8
How investigate Alien Data Slate? Already almost the end of the game, has accumulated 10 units,
and in research such a points there is no. Researching Alien Data Slate - impossible...

Offline sedygrizly

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: April 15, 2018, 09:56:10 am »
I second this. After my last fail i didnt dare to ask another question, happy someone else did it for me :D. Have two units, not end tech yet, so i was hoping it will unlock one day? Maybe interogate MiB high rank?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 10:08:42 am by sedygrizly »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: April 15, 2018, 10:05:26 am »
Researching alien data slates requires Alien Codes and Alien Electronics.

Offline OldGamerX-COM

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: April 15, 2018, 01:56:05 pm »
It is a pity that this information is not in ufopedia.
Thank You, Solarius Scorch! And where to get Alien Codes?

Alien Codes and Alien Electronics should be investigated? But they are already researched.

How investigate Alien Data Slate, in section "Research" or "Manufacture"? in section "Research" I do not have such an item, as shown in the previous screenshots. in section "Manufacture" can't find.

Or Alien Codes should it be in the storage? Then where to get Alien Codes?

Offline Callahan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: April 15, 2018, 04:04:35 pm »
I had crashes due to missing sounds for LightMachinegun and Submachinegun.
Sounds were present, but the length of the foldernames was the problem.
Renamed resource folders to "SMG" and "LMG" and adjusted the paths in the rules and then it worked.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: April 15, 2018, 04:47:00 pm »
Alien Codes is not an item, it's a research.
Uhh, I can't remember how exactly I set it up these years ago. :P But it worked.