Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1608783 times)

Offline zaibakk

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2775 on: April 19, 2018, 11:32:42 am »
Thanks for the reply! So I'm waiting for XCom Files 1.0! :)

Offline OldGamerX-COM

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: April 20, 2018, 11:37:08 pm »
Alien Codes is not an item, it's a research.
Uhh, I can't remember how exactly I set it up these years ago. :P But it worked.

Thats weird. I researched Aliec Codes long time ago, i think interogating navigator gives that. And now i just got Alien electronic from interogating leader (thanks god, discs always explode and no ethereals yet). And i got immedietaly option to research data slates.

Thank yours, it's really weird. Perhaps it is bug. I created a Bug report https://openxcom.org/bugs/openxcom/issues/1392

Offline OldGamerX-COM

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: April 20, 2018, 11:38:52 pm »
Tell me, please, in the course of the game can I update the version (or will it introduce new bugs):
1. Nightly vesion
2. Final Mod Pack

3. Is it possible with the Final Mod Pack to use the mod Extended https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2915.0.html
4. Is it possible with the Final Mod Pack to use the mod Extended+ https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5251.0.html

If possible (paragraphs 3 & 4), in the course of the game can I update the version (or will it introduce new bugs):
5. Extended
6. Extended+

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: April 20, 2018, 11:46:02 pm »
Anything you do anywhere can introduce bugs... that's life.

If you accept that, it's 99.9% safe to do any of the 6 things you asked above

Thank yours, it's really weird. Perhaps it is bug. I created a Bug report https://openxcom.org/bugs/openxcom/issues/1392

Mod issues don't belong into bug tracker.

And instead of screenshots, please provide a save.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:48:25 pm by Meridian »

Offline OldGamerX-COM

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: April 21, 2018, 01:25:31 am »
And instead of screenshots, please provide a save.
Attached the save. On Base " 5 " is 10 Alien Data Slate, but in Research is missing such choice.
(Maybe I don't understand something. Or search in the wrong place.)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: April 21, 2018, 09:39:16 am »
You can't research alien data slate because you have already researched everything it can give you.

Offline OldGamerX-COM

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: April 21, 2018, 11:39:37 am »
I Express my gratitude for you, Meridian!
Today I added Extended+ to Final Mod Pack. I will continue to play with these mods together.

Thought the Final Mod Pack consists of 60+ of the most needed mods, and it turns out to be still very useful your an additional mod "Extended+"  :) (Can't find where did the information about 60+?)

Is there any list of mods that are compatible with the Final Mod Pack?

Offline sedygrizly

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: April 21, 2018, 02:26:28 pm »
I would like to make one small suggestion... maybe you already implemented that in xcom files. I have trouble with assaulting alien base. Im going with two HWP and 10 soldiers. Last time i got 2 HWP and 6 soldiers at one acces lift, 4 in second. And now in my current assault I got 2HWP and 7! soldiers at one lift, leaving second lift with 3 soldiers only. I think it would be nice if units deployment would be much more equal.
Or did i miss some way how to affect initial deployment?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2783 on: April 21, 2018, 09:26:12 pm »
I would like to make one small suggestion... maybe you already implemented that in xcom files. I have trouble with assaulting alien base. Im going with two HWP and 10 soldiers. Last time i got 2 HWP and 6 soldiers at one acces lift, 4 in second. And now in my current assault I got 2HWP and 7! soldiers at one lift, leaving second lift with 3 soldiers only. I think it would be nice if units deployment would be much more equal.
Or did i miss some way how to affect initial deployment?

Honestly the only way I can think of to fix this is to make sure only one lift spawns. But that would limit the max crew size.

Offline Kjotleik

• Colonel
  • I am Kjotleik
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: April 23, 2018, 03:14:13 pm »
Hello, Solarius (and the rest of you amazing people here on this forum)

I don't know if there will be any soonishly released bug-fix versions of FMP 1.9.8.
In case there will not, here are a few changes I have made to two rul-files.

The first change, in particular, should be implemented if you are currently playing FMP 1.9.8, as I'm almost 100% certain it is an oversight.

PS!
I have not changed the files themselves, of course.
I have made my own little FMP Addon mod in which I change stuff.

PS2!
If any of these changes are indeed on purpose, I'd like for you to mention just that.
I can easily change back to what it is supposed to be, if I made any hastily and wrong assumptions.

Spoiler: My changes to units_FMP.rul and armors_FMP.rul:
units_FMP.rul
line 1397
armor: GAZER_ARMOR1
corrected to [armor: GAZER_ARMOR2]
Explanation: Commanders use ARMOR2 in other races. ARMOR2 currently in-game, but unused, for Gazers.

line 1407
corrected to [rank: STR_LIVE_TERRORIST]
Explanation: insert new line 1407 to give unit its missing rank.

line 1575
corrected to [rank: STR_LIVE_TERRORIST]
Explanation: insert new line 1575 to give unit its missing rank.

armors_FMP.rul
line 374
corrected to [- 0.0]
Explanation: MIB_PSI_OPS_ARMOR is the only MIB officer armor that can go down due to smoke inhalation. An oversight, for sure?

line 709
corrected to [- 0.0]
Explanation: Floater Leader armour. Either Floater minnions should be susceptible to smoke, or the Leader should certainly not either.

line 733
corrected to [- 0.0]
Explanation: Floater Commander armour. Either Floater minnions should be susceptible to smoke, or the Commander should certainly not either.

line 1278
corrected to [- 0.0]
Explanation: MIB officers are invulnerable to smoke. I think regular troops should be as well. But I may be wrong in this case.

lines 1280 through 1321
MIB_ARMOR1(Navigator/Engineer) and MIB_ARMOR2(Medic) have identical stats.
Have not changed, but wondering. Would be logical to have a difference. Could've used ARMOR1 on Medic as well if no change.

Offline philiphowa

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: April 27, 2018, 06:37:32 am »
Tell me, please, in the course of the game can I update the version (or will it introduce new bugs):
1. Nightly vesion
2. Final Mod Pack

3. Is it possible with the Final Mod Pack to use the mod Extended https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2915.0.html
4. Is it possible with the Final Mod Pack to use the mod Extended+ https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5251.0.html
@OldGamerX-com/anyone who is wondering: I am using OXCE+ installed on top of Nightly(latest versions), with the universal patch installed on top of both. It is working well with FMP, and the OXCE+ functionality is allowing me to expand many weapons and armors with new values and customized armor degradation, allowing me to rework this vast mod to my own designs. So yes, this works with OXCE+ and Nightly very well, but don't expect good stability or sensible gameplay if you combine with other mods, especially ship or research altering ones.  FMP adds and alters many things.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: April 27, 2018, 10:24:54 am »
I am using OXCE+ installed on top of Nightly(latest versions), with the universal patch installed on top of both.

I will just add that this is not a good idea and NOT the recommended installation procedure.
(If you know exactly what you're doing, it will work... but if not, you may/will have issues mixing the two together... you have been warned.)

The recommended procedure is to install OXCE+ WITHOUT installing nightly first.
OXCE+ has all the necessary files and doesn't require nightly at all.

PS: you can of course have both nightly and OXCE+ installed at the same time... just put them into separate directories... don't mix them...

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: April 27, 2018, 02:57:06 pm »
I will just add that this is not a good idea and NOT the recommended installation procedure.
(If you know exactly what you're doing, it will work... but if not, you may/will have issues mixing the two together... you have been warned.)

The recommended procedure is to install OXCE+ WITHOUT installing nightly first.
OXCE+ has all the necessary files and doesn't require nightly at all.

PS: you can of course have both nightly and OXCE+ installed at the same time... just put them into separate directories... don't mix them...
I second that. This is difference to OXCE that only is published as single exe and need nightly data to work, overall this have flaw if you use mismatch versions of nightly and OXCE it will not work correctly. Additional is that Meridian add lot of new stuff that need new things in data folder, this made OXCE+ incompatible with nightly data folder.

Probably I will need switch to Meridian model too at some point, but this have very low priority because primally publish channel of my OXCE is Meridian OXCE+ :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2788 on: April 28, 2018, 07:02:57 pm »
With Meridian's extensive help, I am preparing a new version of the FMP.
There were some changes in the strings, meaning that some translations must be updated. If you want to help, please visit https://www.transifex.com/openxcom/openxcom-mods/final-mod-pack/ and give it a try!

Offline COAXMETAL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: May 03, 2018, 05:15:18 am »
Hello,

I really love openxcom. It has made this old game very playable and fun even today. I am running into a problem though and I think it is being caused by this mod. I'm new to Xcom for the most part so I don't know the research tree by heart, but something seems wrong. I've been researching all the laser items I could. I've done rifle and cannon, now I have one called laser defense that I can research. That is all great, except I don't recall ever getting to research laser pistol. The real problem is that I can't seem to equip any of them. I've been manufacturing laser rifles for a while now and none of them can be used or even see from the equipment page.

I didn't start my game from the beginning using final mod pack. I'm thinking that maybe that is the problem. What can I do? Do I just have to start over? Is this problem not related to this mod? What can I do to solve this issue?

I love the work you all have done. Thanks for your help. I think I will be playing this game for a long time thanks to this community.