Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580288 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2250 on: May 08, 2016, 11:28:25 pm »
1.9.2 downloaded, and tested. It works, thank you very much!   :)

Haha! Impeccable Man strikes again! 8)

One thing, though. When I start a new game, I get a Large Living Quarters instead of one General Stores and one Living Quarters. Is there a particular reason why we are given a $2.25M facility instead of two facilities worth a total of $550K?

I just wanted to give the player a better start, since you will probably need more staff than in vanilla.

PS!
And I admit to "cheating" as I changed the Corridor's buildCost to $50K and buildTime to 6 days after installing 1.9.2 (but then again, I've also changed the stats of the soldiers a bit to get it more in line with what I like (higher Health, larger range of TU's (40-60) and set max caps at either 100 or 80 for all stats. Plus some other minor nerfs).

Well I don't really know, I didn't want to go too extreme. Maybe your numbers make more sense. I'll be honest: I can't see how this even matters, given how much money you have. So I don't really care if it's $50000, $75000 or $100000.
6 days seems a bit short, but doable.

Offline Bionic

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: May 09, 2016, 09:49:08 am »
Hello. Firstly, thanks for an awesome mod. I haven't had this much fun playing a game since the original Xcom back in the day.

I'm on my first play-through and I was wondering what the MiB armour adaptation does? I "manufactured" it but I can't see that it did, or that I got anything.

Cheers! 

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: May 09, 2016, 10:39:49 am »
Hello. Firstly, thanks for an awesome mod. I haven't had this much fun playing a game since the original Xcom back in the day.

I'm on my first play-through and I was wondering what the MiB armour adaptation does? I "manufactured" it but I can't see that it did, or that I got anything.

Cheers!

Thanks!

As for the MiB armour, it should give you a free armour taken from the MiB - either Personal or Power Suit.

Offline Bionic

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: May 09, 2016, 12:45:21 pm »
Ah, so it's just a regular personal armor then?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: May 09, 2016, 02:26:13 pm »
Ah, so it's just a regular personal armor then?

Yeah, MiB use pretty much the same tech as X-Com. Sure, we can make everything new for them, but I think that'd be a wasted effort.

Offline Kjotleik

• Colonel
  • I am Kjotleik
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: May 10, 2016, 02:54:46 pm »
I just wanted to give the player a better start, since you will probably need more staff than in vanilla.

After some consideration, I've come to the conclusion that this is a good thing.

It lead me to understand I have some money free, as I don't need to build a couple of Living Quarters immediately. Therefore I can afford to build both a Large Storage Facility and a General Stores (in addition to regular purchases). This increases my storage to 100 (10 days) and 375 (24 days) during the first month, due to the fact that I have removed the storage-capacities of Hangars. My personal opinion is that it is more valuable to not blow up my own storage of weapons/equipment when using explosives in base defense missions, than having the 25 extra (75 total) storage capacity in Hangars at my starting base.

I'll start a new game this weekend, and see how it goes. Probably not going to get too many high-loot missions during the first ten days anyways...

Sincerely
Kjotleik
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 02:56:36 pm by Kjotleik »

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: May 18, 2016, 11:14:26 am »
Had to restart my game because all my OXC folders disappeared from my smartphone. I don't get it either. Nearing end of January, its 30th and I'm going to assault a UFO then go back to base and wait for the other shoe to drop.

Doing well because of all the stuff I sold. No Alien Contaiment yet but soon -stunning aliens just to get loot. 40 scientists already, 40 engineers soon.

Found two bugs:
1. Wanted to get me some light in a night mission, so I threw a incendiary grenade near a UFO. The explosion somehow phased through the hull and killed a Sectoid I was going to stun to steal his stuff!

2. There was this UFO - I walked near it and somehow my soldier could see inside it.

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: May 18, 2016, 11:23:26 am »
1. Wanted to get me some light in a night mission, so I threw a incendiary grenade near a UFO. The explosion somehow phased through the hull and killed a Sectoid I was going to stun to steal his stuff!

2. There was this UFO - I walked near it and somehow my soldier could see inside it.

Thanks. I'm working in this, but it's going to take a looong time.

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: May 18, 2016, 11:36:13 am »
The bugged UFOs with saves - not sure which one is the first bug, but the second is labelled:
https://mega.nz/#!cRlSSRTY!l5FjcolMub0eye_MKdj9X2N2Iax_e0Xfifpn0RLNvGE

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Offline Regdren

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: May 26, 2016, 05:45:50 pm »
Hi! I was playing version 1.8.1 for a while and have a few questions.

Can I replace the data with the 1.9.2 version without harming the current saved games? I'm making a series for the amusement of friends and if I would need to start over it's better to know beforehand.

Also, my research seems to be at a standstill after I captured the sectoid chain of command up to Leader from a terror mission. From what I can gather I'll need to raid alien bases to advance past laser/gauss in tech. I'm at the 19th of June and haven't discovered any bases. Do aliens not do that until later in this version? Or should I leave aliens alone every now and then instead of zealously following them via the graphs?

Also, since breaking the tech tree wide open happens at about the same time you can capture a commander, is it safe to assume that these incredible toys are mostly for the invasion of cydonia?

Edit: If difficulty is relevant to my questions, I'm in Veteran mode.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:50:25 pm by Regdren »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: May 26, 2016, 06:12:16 pm »
Hi!

Can I replace the data with the 1.9.2 version without harming the current saved games? I'm making a series for the amusement of friends and if I would need to start over it's better to know beforehand.

I had a quick look and I'm 99% sure there should be no issues. Just don't update in the middle of a tactical mission!

Also, my research seems to be at a standstill after I captured the sectoid chain of command up to Leader from a terror mission. From what I can gather I'll need to raid alien bases to advance past laser/gauss in tech. I'm at the 19th of June and haven't discovered any bases. Do aliens not do that until later in this version? Or should I leave aliens alone every now and then instead of zealously following them via the graphs?

AFAIR if you concentrate on Engineers, you should be fine with plasma weapons. Some other crucial research requires highest officers, but it's the same in vanilla.

Also, since breaking the tech tree wide open happens at about the same time you can capture a commander, is it safe to assume that these incredible toys are mostly for the invasion of cydonia?

I'm not sure which toys you mean, but I'd say there's no equipment in the FMP which is made specifically for Mars. It's different in my newer mod, "The X-Com Files", but it's not very advanced yet.

Offline Regdren

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: May 26, 2016, 06:35:57 pm »
Ah, that explains a lot. I looked at the tech tree and thought that since alien leader, alien engineer, and alien data slates all led to alien engineering secrets you would need all three to break the tech tree open. Same thing for medical secrets. I like the idea that you need to capture a lot of those aliens to advance rather than just needing one of each rank to unlock everything. Thanks for the prompt reply!

Offline Kjotleik

• Colonel
  • I am Kjotleik
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: May 29, 2016, 02:50:36 pm »
A little question, just out of curiosity...

In units_FMP.rul all hybrids use the HYBRID_ARMOR0.
Then, who is supposed to use HYBRID_ARMOR1 and HYBRID_ARMOR2 that I find in armors_FMP.rul?

Sincerely
Kjotleik

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: May 30, 2016, 10:19:17 am »
A little question, just out of curiosity...

In units_FMP.rul all hybrids use the HYBRID_ARMOR0.
Then, who is supposed to use HYBRID_ARMOR1 and HYBRID_ARMOR2 that I find in armors_FMP.rul?

I'm not sure to be honest, it was two years ago, but I suppose it's some leftover data.
I'll have a look at it later.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: May 30, 2016, 11:26:44 am »
If you're going to release a new version it might be worthwhile to go over research as well.

Latest nightlies introduced a new modding value called "destroyItem"
see change recoverItems and ufopaedia reference on research .

A ruleset example can be found at official dev commits