aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1603510 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2235 on: April 27, 2016, 07:50:46 pm »
Well, it does work with big units and they can even spawn a small unit then (it does so in the war-of-shadows mod).

Really? Because I tried doing the same and it didn't work; well technically it did, but there were all sorts of glitches like invisible, unkillable units.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: April 28, 2016, 09:16:08 am »
Well, yes, it did, I even managed to copy-n-paste those aliens in my own personal mod-soup back then....  8)

Actually there were even two transformations happening to that Ethereal Leader (if that was the name)

First it was a Ethereal 2x2 with a blue shield bubble (really nice graphics btw)
After you destroyed that it turned into a Xcom2012 inspired 4-armed 1x1 Ethereal without shield, but with a nice helmet, and then, when destroyed once again, it turned into a 1x1 blue-energy-crystal.

Of course the spawned units have to rely on built-in weapons, I don't think that equipping them like normal aliens works, but that is a minor problem.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: April 28, 2016, 09:20:02 am »
I see, maybe it's a matter of version.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: April 29, 2016, 12:32:33 am »
Just came across an unusual crash, when I try to go to land site 66 openxcom crashes but if I shoot the MIB stealth bomber down I can do the crash site mission okay-see attachments.

Offline Kjotleik

• Colonel
  • I am Kjotleik
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: April 29, 2016, 01:37:40 am »
Just came across an unusual crash, when I try to go to land site 66 openxcom crashes but if I shoot the MIB stealth bomber down I can do the crash site mission okay-see attachments.

Probably just something with the Nightly. I too started to get crashes when I updated to the April 2016 nightlies. I don't believe FMP is at fault here. I may be wrong, of course, but that's what I think right now.

I recommend to stick with the last nightly you didn't experience crashes with. Or check for updates very, very often. Update as soon as you can, and use the auto-save option.

Lately, I've had to load the auto-saves a number of times due to Runtime Error crashes.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #2240 on: April 29, 2016, 08:53:35 am »

Maybe it is not the FMP, but the logfile states that MAPS/FOREST17.MAP is not exitent. Maybe it fails because of the missing map (unable to generate Map?)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: April 30, 2016, 01:15:15 pm »
Maybe it is not the FMP, but the logfile states that MAPS/FOREST17.MAP is not exitent. Maybe it fails because of the missing map (unable to generate Map?)

Yeah, it is a new map block. I'll check if it's declared correctly.

EDIT: Of course it wasn't. Sorry, I changed some map names and missed a few entries.

EDIT: ...and fixed a critical loading bug. Here's the fixed version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2w85bkdjfyjjf98/Final_Mod_Pack_1.9.1e.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 12:13:31 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Kjotleik

• Colonel
  • I am Kjotleik
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: May 08, 2016, 01:49:06 am »
I know you're busy with the OpenXCom X-Files project right now, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Can you include the Corridor base facility from Piratez into the FMP mod?
I was just thinking about how it would be a faster way to construct new bases with defence in mind, avoiding to use the General Stores facility to make long corridors (as some are fond of doing). Faster base construction, less maintenance costs (and construction costs) and no danger to the base's stored (un-researched) supply of plasma weapons when using Rocket Launchers to defend.  :o

This is just a friendly request. If you don't have the time (or think it is not worth it) I understand. Just thought I could ask.   :)

Sincerely
Kjotleik

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: May 08, 2016, 11:17:36 am »
Can you include the Corridor base facility from Piratez into the FMP mod?

No problem, I'll just have to think about how exactly it should work. I never really used corridors. What the numbers should be, for example. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I made the sprite, but it doesn't work with the nightly. It looks perfectly fine with OXCE though.
I don't normally work with the standard nightly, so I don't know what's wrong. Attaching the file here.

EDIT: Never mind, updating the .exe did the job.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 12:36:12 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: May 08, 2016, 12:39:36 pm »
One thing i noticed about your image is that the first non-transparant pixel of the palette is defined greenish instead of white. But since that color is not used i doubt that's the problem.

Anything else looks ok in mtPaint

Do you have a ruleset snippet that goes with the sprite so i can test ingame?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: May 08, 2016, 01:06:50 pm »
One thing i noticed about your image is that the first non-transparant pixel of the palette is defined greenish instead of white. But since that color is not used i doubt that's the problem.

Anything else looks ok in mtPaint

Do you have a ruleset snippet that goes with the sprite so i can test ingame?

Sure:

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_CORRIDOR
    spriteShape: 3
    spriteFacility: 317
    buildCost: 75000
    buildTime: 12
    monthlyCost: 2000
    mapName: XBASS_24

But as I said, it works fine with the latest nightly, so not an issue.

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: May 08, 2016, 01:13:53 pm »
But as I said, it works fine with the latest nightly, so not an issue.

You just Ninja'd my post ;)

Glad it works

Offline Kjotleik

• Colonel
  • I am Kjotleik
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: May 08, 2016, 06:34:31 pm »
No problem, I'll just have to think about how exactly it should work. I never really used corridors. What the numbers should be, for example. Any suggestions?

Wonderful   :)

At least I think it should have a build-time shorter than that of the General Stores. About five days perhaps? And the cost could be about $50k. After all, it is not meant for huge main-bases, but rather for quick construction of a defensible radar-station or storage-base (somthing like that). Maintenance could be about $5k, in that case.

If I want to expand the base into a full production- or military-base later on, I'd have to replace them (most probably) later on anyways - with "useable" facilities.

PS!
Can I just put the png-file somewhere, and copy the code-bit in your later post to make it work? In that case, where? Or do you have a 1.9.1f somewhere, including the Corridor (I don't see a download-link in your post).

Sincerely
Kjotleik
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 06:36:20 pm by Kjotleik »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: May 08, 2016, 09:33:34 pm »
Thanks. My numbers are a bit higher than you suggested, but still nothing outrageous.
You can't really make the facility without the battlescape map which I haven't posted. But I'll post a new version in a moment, because why not.

EDIT: here it is: https://www.mediafire.com/download/g5b4l5xw6dymnit/Final_Mod_Pack_1.9.2.zip
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 09:37:38 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Kjotleik

• Colonel
  • I am Kjotleik
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: May 08, 2016, 10:11:52 pm »
Thanks. My numbers are a bit higher than you suggested, but still nothing outrageous.

1.9.2 downloaded, and tested. It works, thank you very much!   :)

One thing, though. When I start a new game, I get a Large Living Quarters instead of one General Stores and one Living Quarters. Is there a particular reason why we are given a $2.25M facility instead of two facilities worth a total of $550K?

PS!
And I admit to "cheating" as I changed the Corridor's buildCost to $50K and buildTime to 6 days after installing 1.9.2 (but then again, I've also changed the stats of the soldiers a bit to get it more in line with what I like (higher Health, larger range of TU's (40-60) and set max caps at either 100 or 80 for all stats. Plus some other minor nerfs).

Sincerely
Kjotleik