aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580299 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #1965 on: October 24, 2015, 06:17:09 pm »
Uhh thanks for the mentioning, but i really didn't do much to help.
I always thought that the FMP was going to be a neverending project so to say, but obviously not.

Neverending projects are really bad for you, unless you have no other ambitions :)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1966 on: October 24, 2015, 06:24:26 pm »
Neverending projects are really bad for you, unless you have no other ambitions :)

Well the mod discription at least gives the implication that is would be endless, to integrate more and more stuff.
But i guess there exit limits for all of this.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1967 on: October 24, 2015, 07:42:55 pm »
Well the mod discription at least gives the implication that is would be endless, to integrate more and more stuff.
But i guess there exit limits for all of this.

Well it could be endless, and as I said, it can well be, if someone wants to add stuff to it. I probably will, too, since there will be more releases before I am finished with it.

Besides, the new project is in fact the same thing, just under a new name and with broadened possibilities. Basically I don't want to switch to Extended with the FMP, because it'd be too different from a normal mod, which is kind of the point for the FMP. And besides, in the new project I want to make bigger changes that would be suitable for the FMP.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1968 on: October 25, 2015, 04:59:16 am »
Well it could be endless, and as I said, it can well be, if someone wants to add stuff to it. I probably will, too, since there will be more releases before I am finished with it.

Besides, the new project is in fact the same thing, just under a new name and with broadened possibilities. Basically I don't want to switch to Extended with the FMP, because it'd be too different from a normal mod, which is kind of the point for the FMP. And besides, in the new project I want to make bigger changes that would be suitable for the FMP.

As long as you find the time to integrate the new Alien Base modules and maybe some new vanilla UFO variants, i will make into the FMP, i will not complain :P

Offline chrysalidskilledmydog

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: October 28, 2015, 12:17:18 pm »
It seems to me that MiB missions aren't really worth doing. they don't give you loot or technology.

Online SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: October 28, 2015, 01:25:16 pm »
Since I'm playing v1.72 ATM, they do give you power sources, navigation and elerium if you follow the ships and let them land but whether or not you get any useful guns etc depends on the difficulty level and how far you're into a game. In my current game MIB do have laser and gauss weapons but they also still have grenades and smg's, December of the first year. I think and Solarius will correct me if I'm wrong but it also depends on which item set the RNG picks for them. My experience is that you're not going to get a ton load of plasma weaponry but some useful stuff none the less.

Offline trinibwoy

• Sergeant
  • If It Moves, shoot it. If it doesnt move, shoot it
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: October 28, 2015, 01:59:43 pm »
Hi guys,
I know this may not be the right place to ask this question but FMP is the mod I am currently using and it has contributed to literally half my available soldiers crammed in the hospital with various injuries...plasma burns...reaper bites... (and please forgive me if it sounds dumb or has been previously addressed)

Is the upper limit for hiring soldiers/ engineers/ scientists still 255 like in the original XCOM or has OXC done away with those caps and i can hire my little zerglings en masse?

These missions have been kicking my ass.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1972 on: October 28, 2015, 06:48:41 pm »
Hi guys,
I know this may not be the right place to ask this question but FMP is the mod I am currently using and it has contributed to literally half my available soldiers crammed in the hospital with various injuries...plasma burns...reaper bites... (and please forgive me if it sounds dumb or has been previously addressed)

Is the upper limit for hiring soldiers/ engineers/ scientists still 255 like in the original XCOM or has OXC done away with those caps and i can hire my little zerglings en masse?

These missions have been kicking my ass.

The 255 Scientists/Engineer maximum doesn't exist anymore, but you are limited by how many base modules you can build.
The maximum of 1x1 base modules you can place is 36.
1 Storage
1 Radar / Hyperwave Decoder
leaves you with 34 places, each Lab or Workshop needs a Living Quarter, so this halves the numbers again.
So you can effectivly house 17 Labs or Workshop in 1 base, resulting in a maximum of 850 Scientist or Engineers per base.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: October 28, 2015, 08:30:33 pm »
It seems to me that MiB missions aren't really worth doing. they don't give you loot or technology.

Like SIMON said, it depends. They're often using lasers, which may prove invaluable before you have your own laser tech, and you can steal their armours too. But I can't say they're terribly profitable.

Offline chrysalidskilledmydog

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: October 29, 2015, 05:59:47 am »
The fighter with 2 ethereal leaders are truly a gift from the xcom god.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: October 31, 2015, 04:51:42 pm »

Just finished the last mission of FMP...
... and I would like to thank Solarius Scorch and everybody else who has contributed to this mod for an incredible experience that it was.
I can recommend this mod pack to everyone, who loves XCOM and wants to try something fresh, but still needs the feeling of the good old original.

Can't wait to try more mod packs, expansions and total conversions... arrrgh!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: October 31, 2015, 05:19:30 pm »

... and I would like to thank Solarius Scorch and everybody else who has contributed to this mod for an incredible experience that it was.
I can recommend this mod pack to everyone, who loves XCOM and wants to try something fresh, but still needs the feeling of the good old original.

And I thank you Meridian for sticking with the FMP for so long. I'm sure it was a significant factor for the FMP's popularity, and also what's better for a modder than watching other people play?

I will certainly stick with your X-Piratez LP. Arrrr!

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1977 on: November 01, 2015, 04:58:48 pm »

Well i do have one waiting for you to suffer throu aehh test it out.
Good LP and i hope the quality of the FMP will further increase, so i can contribute to it and steal from it ;)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1978 on: November 01, 2015, 05:05:15 pm »
Hi Solarius,

We do now have customizeable Death sounds check it out here

Which also means adding the deathSound to all unvanilla Civilians or a lot of CTD's will happen in Terrormissions.

Offline SenniTrebor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: November 02, 2015, 03:37:48 am »
Unable to access FMP Timed out (The connection was reset)