Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1609639 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #1995 on: November 23, 2015, 02:47:00 am »
Thank you :)

Shotgun weapons fire each pellet separately, which means all of them can hit or none of them, or some of them. If all of them hit then yes, the total damage is very high, but each pellet deals damage separately and armour is subtracted each time, so pellet weapons are pretty useless against armour, because a single pellet is pretty weak.

Melee weapons don't always hit, they are dependent on Melee stat. But they are pretty fast.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: November 23, 2015, 03:42:51 am »
Which reminds me.. why do you have the melee weapons page as item descriptions, instead of how Dioxine has them in Piratez? (with stats, like other weapons). It's a bit.. uninforming(?)..

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: November 23, 2015, 07:11:26 pm »
Which reminds me.. why do you have the melee weapons page as item descriptions, instead of how Dioxine has them in Piratez? (with stats, like other weapons). It's a bit.. uninforming(?)..

I'm not sure what you mean. Would you like more info in the description?

Offline Kjotleik

• Colonel
  • I am Kjotleik
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: November 23, 2015, 08:18:29 pm »
Shotgun weapons fire each pellet separately... each pellet deals damage separately and armour is subtracted each time...

Melee weapons don't always hit, they are dependent on Melee stat. But they are pretty fast.

Thank you for the clarification. I will of course test this out in-game. But now, at least, I know that I can expect Shotguns to be amazing against Sectoids, but next to useless against enemies in armour.

PS!
I think Arthanor meant that he would like to see TU percentages for using Melee weapons...

PS2!
Really like the inclusion of the Healing Spray in 1.7.3. I've calculated the costs to a little over 9 000 to produce one unit, but it is researchable from game's start. A BIG advantage when the First Aid Kit is too heavy, and the Medi-Kit a long way away...Thanks!

PS3!
Why is it that no-one has made Nightvision-goggles for this mod-pack? Maybe as part of an expensive armour?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: November 23, 2015, 08:22:56 pm »
PS!
I think Arthanor meant that he would like to see TU percentages for using Melee weapons...
Indeed! The melee weapons as featured in Meridian's LP use a weird UFOPaedia type where the biogob is shown at the top, but text takes the whole space instead of getting a page with % to hit and damage. Knowing the accuracy (and if it uses melee skill or not) is rather important, as was shown by meridian rushing in thinking it's 100% like the stun rod and then missing profusely.

PS3!Why is it that no-one has made Nightvision-goggles for this mod-pack? Maybe as part of an expensive armour?
As far as I know, vision range is not moddable in normal OpenXCom. Only in Extended. That's why Piratez has night vision stuff but the FMP doesn't.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: November 23, 2015, 08:53:00 pm »
Indeed! The melee weapons as featured in Meridian's LP use a weird UFOPaedia type where the biogob is shown at the top, but text takes the whole space instead of getting a page with % to hit and damage. Knowing the accuracy (and if it uses melee skill or not) is rather important, as was shown by meridian rushing in thinking it's 100% like the stun rod and then missing profusely.

OK, I'll look into it.

As far as I know, vision range is not moddable in normal OpenXCom. Only in Extended. That's why Piratez has night vision stuff but the FMP doesn't.

Yeah... Besides, I could include the invisible alien race mod, as well as the invisible armour, but I've decided against it because not everyone likes chasing ghosts.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2001 on: November 23, 2015, 10:41:26 pm »
@Solarius :  Do you have an inventory image for the Sectoids with the circlet crown? ( Trying to nab one for the bootypedia)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: November 23, 2015, 11:22:07 pm »
@Solarius :  Do you have an inventory image for the Sectoids with the circlet crown? ( Trying to nab one for the bootypedia)

Like this? (I made it myself, it's a bit ugly)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2003 on: November 23, 2015, 11:50:19 pm »
<3
You are my Hero!! :D

Offline moisesjsn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: November 25, 2015, 09:24:18 am »
Hey. I got a question Will this https://www.openxcom.com/mod/soldier-specialization work with the FMP? Also maybe a way to implement it in next update? or something like it?

Im having lots of fun with the mod.  And also noticed this thing  https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3644.0.html From Meridians Forumn on FMP. Im wondering. How do you install this? Or if its possible to implement in the next FMP release. Call me stupid if you like. Im pretty computer literate. But i have no idea how to use github. Nor do i feel there is a good enough basic install instructions for this.

Thanks for all the hard work in keeping this mod up to date and Alive. Feels good to play a game that is challenging and especially with a mod to change the whole feel of it to be brand new.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: November 25, 2015, 10:01:28 am »
Hey. I got a question Will this https://www.openxcom.com/mod/soldier-specialization work with the FMP? Also maybe a way to implement it in next update? or something like it?

Yes, this should be compatible with FMP.

Im having lots of fun with the mod.  And also noticed this thing  https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3644.0.html From Meridians Forumn on FMP. Im wondering. How do you install this? Or if its possible to implement in the next FMP release. Call me stupid if you like. Im pretty computer literate. But i have no idea how to use github. Nor do i feel there is a good enough basic install instructions for this.

Thanks for all the hard work in keeping this mod up to date and Alive. Feels good to play a game that is challenging and especially with a mod to change the whole feel of it to be brand new.

This is a custom executable mod. You need to build your own version. Not easy.
But I have asked developers to add it into the base game and I think they were not against it, so we just need to wait until they do it.

Offline moisesjsn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: November 25, 2015, 06:44:10 pm »
Alright. Thanks for the response Meridian.

I guess ill just hope and wait that the box gets implemented into next iteration of night build.

Or can i just copy paste my night build folder over into that folder?

Offline eclecticbibliophile

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: December 05, 2015, 12:01:05 am »
I'm having an issue with the game closing itself when I end my turn. It doesn't matter what I do before the end of the turn, or if I do anything at all. This hasn't been a problem on previous missions.

For the past several turns I've been hearing a UFO door open and close, but I've checked every part of the ship without finding an enemy.

EDIT: Looking through the .sav, it says the mission is a success, but it isn't over?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 03:28:33 am by eclecticbibliophile »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: December 05, 2015, 02:58:41 pm »
I'm having an issue with the game closing itself when I end my turn. It doesn't matter what I do before the end of the turn, or if I do anything at all. This hasn't been a problem on previous missions.

For the past several turns I've been hearing a UFO door open and close, but I've checked every part of the ship without finding an enemy.

EDIT: Looking through the .sav, it says the mission is a success, but it isn't over?

Sorry but I was unable to load it at all, because of some yaml error.

There are two possibilities for this: either this file was edited by hand with an error, or it was made with a different OpenXCom version (I haven't updated the FMP in a while).

Offline eclecticbibliophile

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: December 05, 2015, 05:13:47 pm »
I'm running the latest nightly, so maybe that's the issue. I'll try using an older version. Thank you very much for trying  :)