Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580418 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #1950 on: October 12, 2015, 11:53:22 pm »
Thanks for the report, and the praise.

Well, frankly, this is a strange error... I'm not saying my mod is perfect, but it looks too severe to be a mod's problem. I guess there are several possibilities, but the most probable is that your data is corrupt (either original files or the Openxcom installation). The weirdest thing is that XCOM item in the shop - this is completely new to me.
I haven't tried the newest build though, so it's possible something changed. I'll check.

Offline methius

• Squaddie
  • Xenonauts A.I. Dev.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: October 14, 2015, 03:19:49 pm »
I suspect the issue has to do with the latest nightly, which references introducing multiple soldier types.

If I use the oldest available nightly, no crashes happen.
Which seems to be confirmed again by the fact that the Android version (which uses an even older version), runs flawlessly.

Excellent (compilation of) mod(s)!
(In my eyes, a requirement if you've finished vanilla)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: October 14, 2015, 04:04:09 pm »
I suspect the issue has to do with the latest nightly, which references introducing multiple soldier types.

If I use the oldest available nightly, no crashes happen.
Which seems to be confirmed again by the fact that the Android version (which uses an even older version), runs flawlessly.

Excellent (compilation of) mod(s)!
(In my eyes, a requirement if you've finished vanilla)

Thanks!

Also: oh boy... I really don't have the energy to update it now. But I'll have to :)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1953 on: October 14, 2015, 04:13:29 pm »
The XCOM item is because of some changes in the latest nightly.

The change in the ruleset are pretty small:

Code: [Select]
bin/standard/xcom1/soldiers.rul
 soldiers:
-  - type: XCOM
+  - type: STR_SOLDIER
+    costBuy: 40000
+    costSalary: 20000

bin/standard/xcom1/vars.rul
startingTime:
   day: 1
   month: 1
   year: 1999
-costSoldier: 20000
 costEngineer: 25000
 costScientist: 30000
 timePersonnel: 72
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 04:15:31 pm by hellrazor »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1954 on: October 14, 2015, 04:15:38 pm »
What about min stats, max stats and stat caps? Or is it not implemented yet? Anyway, hats off to the devs, so much goodies :)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1955 on: October 14, 2015, 04:17:30 pm »
What about min stats, max stats and stat caps? Or is it not implemented yet? Anyway, hats off to the devs, so much goodies :)

They are also in those files, i only wanted to show Solarius the changes. To not overburden him with big code segments.

The github commit in question can be found here

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: October 14, 2015, 07:03:15 pm »
Awesome. Thanks for the help!

EDIT: 1.7.2 has been updated.

Changelog:
  • Updated to match the latest nightly.
  • Light Pistol also has aimed shot now.
  • HandOb for Dynamite (by Dioxine).
  • Fixed a bug with Plasma Blade being two-handed.
  • Sniper Rifles have dropoff 3.
  • Fixed Anthropod melee stat (was too high).

Offline trinibwoy

• Sergeant
  • If It Moves, shoot it. If it doesnt move, shoot it
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: October 16, 2015, 01:30:34 pm »
Soooo Solar...

Last night while playing FMP i got my second ever golden ufo encounter. (First time was in a previous playthrough a while back and the white ethereals all had heavy plasmas and shot my team almost all to hell-they didnt even have to mindrape em)
This time, they had weird looking weapons (including heavy plasmas) and it was my first complete wipeout in this playthrough. From getting panicked and killing friends, to being blown apart by plasmas and grenades, to having my own xcom-cyberdisc shot to crap and kill 3 soldiers in the explosion, to two soldiers being sniped by what i can only assume is a long range shotgun of some sort....but my real question(forgive my long winded story-the challenge was thrilling) comes from the event that caused the actual wipe.
Literally everything on the screen just exploded.
Initially i wondered if that was a blaster bomb, but i have no recollection of blaster bombs causing such a large explosion. My tank and 2  of my 3 last surviving soldiers were caught in these huge explosions that came outta nowhere.
Is that normal?
Should i just say "thats xcom baby" and try again?
Cuz now im kinda afraid of those golden ufos. Dont know if to just expect the entire battlefield to go to hell after a few turns.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: October 16, 2015, 02:01:36 pm »
Is that normal?

They have more advanced blaster launchers (can fire up to 3 times per turn).
Also they have fire launchers, which produce explosion effects too.
Then they have shotgun-like stun weapons; indiana-jones-like electric whips; and star-wars-like photonic blades (i.e. light sabres).

And very good PSI skill... not as freakishly good as in earlier versions, but good enough not to take any soldiers with less than 90 psi strength on the mission.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 02:05:50 pm by Meridian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: October 16, 2015, 03:55:02 pm »
Yeah, this mission is absolutely brutal, and totally optional. It may give you very nice tools though, and some unique info.

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: October 17, 2015, 01:33:35 pm »
Having just started a run through of FMP v1.72, nightly 2015-10-10, I was wondering on several points:
Spoiler:
I'm into May of the first year but haven't encountered MIB yet, currently on a Reptoid terroor mission. Secondly do all the races have a helpful hint as to their rank for example floaters and their different colored cloaks or a Sectoid Commander wearing a gold bandana.
I like the look of the alien laser rifle, just currently researching the clip. Are there any plans to expand this alien laser weapon to include pistol, heavy and sniper variants?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: October 17, 2015, 08:51:09 pm »
Having just started a run through of FMP v1.72, nightly 2015-10-10, I was wondering on several points:
Spoiler:
I'm into May of the first year but haven't encountered MIB yet, currently on a Reptoid terroor mission.

That's nothing strange, the races that appear are largely random, and the one you mentioned is also a race. Well, it's more complicated, since this particular one has their own missions, and each region can have only one mission generated in a given month, but it's still a matter of RNG.

Spoiler:
Secondly do all the races have a helpful hint as to their rank for example floaters and their different colored cloaks or a Sectoid Commander wearing a gold bandana.

No, not all of them. There's no rule here, some races have all ranks visible, some none, some are in-between. It's a matter of this particular race's culture, if we can call it so.

I like the look of the alien laser rifle, just currently researching the clip. Are there any plans to expand this alien laser weapon to include pistol, heavy and sniper variants?

Not really, the rifle is already pretty weak. Its only advantage is that it doesn't lose accuracy over long distances as much as plasma. (And to give early armours more meaning.)

Offline gix

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: October 18, 2015, 06:17:31 am »
Hmmm, thanks. I'll think about it, that's what I can promise.
Hi
FYI just posted Pull Request #1062 CTD when no bigSprite for this...
which I just closed - I used some older buggy build, (prior to sep 29 when a thing about negative sprites in mods was fixed)...
Sorry about the commotion
BR
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 05:24:47 pm by gix »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: October 24, 2015, 02:03:18 pm »
Hi
FYI just posted Pull Request #1062 CTD when no bigSprite for this...
which I just closed - I used some older buggy build, (prior to sep 29 when a thing about negative sprites in mods was fixed)...
Sorry about the commotion
BR

No problem, glad it's fine now.
(And sorry for the late reply, I somehow missed your message.)

In other news, I think I should make an announcement: the development of the Final Mod Pack on my part is slowly coming to an end.

Yes, you heard right. I don't think there are more than a couple releases left. Of course it's still possible that someone else will take over - the FMP has always been supposed to be a community project (even though I'm the only one actively developing it, with some help from Hellrazor).

But... do not despair! The reason I'm announcing this is because I want to concentrate on the "FMP+" aka "The X-Com Files" project, which is basically FMP on steroids (and Yankes' Extended code). Because it's so much more I can do with the FMP, with a deeper story and mechanics and everything, and real agents in suits and cool shades who go around investigating chupacabras. And if I have the time and energy to work on the FMP, then it's probably better if I do something even cooler, especially since it'll have all the same stuff that the FMP has.

So let's hope it all works out. :)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1964 on: October 24, 2015, 06:10:33 pm »
No problem, glad it's fine now.
(And sorry for the late reply, I somehow missed your message.)

In other news, I think I should make an announcement: the development of the Final Mod Pack on my part is slowly coming to an end.

Yes, you heard right. I don't think there are more than a couple releases left. Of course it's still possible that someone else will take over - the FMP has always been supposed to be a community project (even though I'm the only one actively developing it, with some help from Hellrazor).

Uhh thanks for the mentioning, but i really didn't do much to help.
I always thought that the FMP was going to be a neverending project so to say, but obviously not.

But... do not despair! The reason I'm announcing this is because I want to concentrate on the "FMP+" aka "The X-Com Files" project, which is basically FMP on steroids (and Yankes' Extended code). Because it's so much more I can do with the FMP, with a deeper story and mechanics and everything, and real agents in suits and cool shades who go around investigating chupacabras. And if I have the time and energy to work on the FMP, then it's probably better if I do something even cooler, especially since it'll have all the same stuff that the FMP has.

So let's hope it all works out. :)

Extended Codebase hm... wanna see how this ends up, once the code development stops suddenly.