aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580408 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #1305 on: April 18, 2015, 12:55:36 pm »
You reworked the Cydonia mission, didnt you, you naughty person :P

Only a little. :P

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: April 18, 2015, 01:41:52 pm »

Bug reports:

Spoiler:
The Etherial guardians in the inventory screen dont leave a corpse behind but shotgun ammo with the name STR_WHITE ETHEREAL.

Also on the Geoscape in South America the city (?) of Lapaz has STR_LAPAZ showing.

EDIT: Aaaaaaaaaand finished. Wow, the experience with this mod was awesome.

A small suggestion:

Spoiler:
Might want to tone down the psi strength of the Etherial guardians. I brought a squad with psi trained (from the mod) soldiers and the weak ones had 60 psi strength to use as magnets. Not only they got controlled but soldiers up to 70+ got too. The only thing that saved me was to reload and play the mission with line of sight active, which IMHO brings psionics to Apocalypse level, that is borderline useless. And I was playing on Veteran, I dont want to even think what might happen in superhuman. With psi train on, you can grind your time and reach 100 true, but with it off, and the tendency of soldiers having random psi strength IDK what will happen.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 02:42:26 pm by pilot00 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: April 18, 2015, 04:48:48 pm »
Thanks! I'll fix the corpse issue in the next release. But I won't be making these guys any weaker for now, I need to do more tests first.

And also, great job! I think you are only the second person to be congratulated here for finishing the campaign. Now you can start again, since a lot has changed in early game! :)

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: April 18, 2015, 09:35:18 pm »
Thanks! I'll fix the corpse issue in the next release. But I won't be making these guys any weaker for now, I need to do more tests first.

And also, great job! I think you are only the second person to be congratulated here for finishing the campaign. Now you can start again, since a lot has changed in early game! :)

Meh, I did play only on Veteran level and with a lot of save scumming so....

Y definently I will play the mod again. I think I cant play vanilla anymore now.
But I have to make a run on the Piratez mod. Assuming I figure out how to survive :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1309 on: April 18, 2015, 09:57:38 pm »
But I have to make a run on the Piratez mod. Assuming I figure out how to survive :)

[ThreadJack]Feel free to share with me, anything you come up with! (I'm kinda lost right now with the myriad of research topics!)[/ThreadJack]

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: April 18, 2015, 11:33:40 pm »
Version 1.1.5 is out!

• Blaster Launcher requires Psionics.
  • Updated Russian version.
  • Added an Ufopaedia entry for the new alloy scatter ammo.
  • Fixed a bug with Toxi-Suit Ufopaedia entry.
  • Added research for the Sectoid Guardian.
  • Completely redesigned Dart Rifle tech tree.
  • Updated Spitter screams (by Robin).
  • Swapped Firestorm and Lightning on the tech tree.
  • Firestorm now requires Alien Electronics.
  • Rebalanced the Scout Drone.
  • Plasma Casters are cheaper.
  • Fixed broken graphics for the Cydonia squad (thanks pilot00 for pointing this out).

No saves should be harmed by this update.

Offline Drako^BB

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: April 19, 2015, 12:43:17 am »
O.o   new update nice ;)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: April 19, 2015, 12:44:47 am »
Rebalanced the Scout Drone

What is the idea behind this rebalancing?
(I see that it costs 50k instead of 200k, but has reactions 40 instead of 110.)

If that's true, I really don't see why I should buy it anymore.
Before I was willing to pay extra for supreme reactions... but now I can just buy dogs, which are still 5x cheaper and better in every relevant attribute. Or have I missed something important?

PS: and please don't nerf the dogs because of this post :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: April 19, 2015, 12:54:10 am »
Well, it was reeeaaaallly unrealistic with Reactions this high. This is an experiment, but I believe it is possibly worth using, because of the smoke and all.

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: April 19, 2015, 04:32:14 am »
Just a small question:
Are STR_DART_RIFLE_CLIP_B_PREQ1 and similar which do not have any strings to be researched?

And the requirements for STR_REPAIR_STORMTROOPER_ARMOR still call for a STR_STORMTROOPER_ARMOR_CORPSE string called "Corpse" instead of a "Damaged Stormtrooper Armor"

Thanks for your hard work as always.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: April 19, 2015, 09:01:21 am »
Well, it was reeeaaaallly unrealistic with Reactions this high. This is an experiment, but I believe it is possibly worth using, because of the smoke and all.

Then I would recommend reactions at least 55-60... 40 is effectively equivalent to 0.
Also, if the smoke is to be a saving grace, it needs to produce a cloud as big and as thick as a smoke grenade. Currently, a smoke grenade under your feet protects you from all sides. A smoke from the drone under your feet doesn't protect you at all. You need to put the smoke in front of you and thus it will protect you from that direction only.

Just a small question:
Are STR_DART_RIFLE_CLIP_B_PREQ1 and similar which do not have any strings to be researched?

No, you get them for free with the research of corpses.
Unless you have researched the necessary corpses already (and upgraded to new version). Then you get these as research objects... to "repair" the already-discovered-items list.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: April 19, 2015, 10:03:40 am »
Then I would recommend reactions at least 55-60... 40 is effectively equivalent to 0.
Also, if the smoke is to be a saving grace, it needs to produce a cloud as big and as thick as a smoke grenade. Currently, a smoke grenade under your feet protects you from all sides. A smoke from the drone under your feet doesn't protect you at all. You need to put the smoke in front of you and thus it will protect you from that direction only.

OK, I'll increase it up to 60 again and see what happens.

Just a small question:

Yes, they only show up because of the transition between versions (you wouldn't see it normally). Just place 1 scientist on them and they'll be finished in minimum time.

And the requirements for STR_REPAIR_STORMTROOPER_ARMOR still call for a STR_STORMTROOPER_ARMOR_CORPSE string called "Corpse" instead of a "Damaged Stormtrooper Armor"

Ah, right, now I understand the problem. Thanks for the tip.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 10:15:44 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline NuclearStudent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: April 19, 2015, 12:16:30 pm »
Mr. Scotch, changing the Scout Drone's reactions removes or nerfs the unique niche it had. Before, it could investigate extremely dangerous situations where you could not afford to lose a crew slot to anti-dog reaction fire. Right now, the Scout Drone feels weird. Basically, it feels like a flying dog that n't kill people. Thanks.

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: April 19, 2015, 12:25:42 pm »
Mr. Scotch, changing the Scout Drone's reactions removes or nerfs the unique niche it had. Before, it could investigate extremely dangerous situations where you could not afford to lose a crew slot to anti-dog reaction fire. Right now, the Scout Drone feels weird. Basically, it feels like a flying dog that n't kill people. Thanks.
It does not even fly.
Its not that well armoured either, plasma rifle kills it through face armour 50% of time. And most of the time it wont be hit from front side.
110 reaction was working well mechanically (turn1 scouting) yet dogs still were superb choice (cheap and expendabe, can run, can be MC magnet etc).
With 60 reaction, even with current pricing, Scout tank needs hp boost and side armour of at least 40 (so same for front and side), imo.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: April 19, 2015, 01:25:15 pm »
*sigh* fine, I get it. I'm bringing it back to 200. :)