aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580238 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #690 on: September 13, 2014, 07:29:15 pm »
Thanks Falko. I fixed the issue.

Wanted to post a new version today, but there's so many new possibilities and so much new content that I can't stop modding! :) I'll try to do it soon though.

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #691 on: September 13, 2014, 07:41:40 pm »
Recoloured the snakeman's cloak to black\grey. Now test it in-game how it looks like.

https://www.mediafire.com/download/gyqq2xfticpilmt/AltoidCrabmanDuo.zip
These are my "things" I mentioned earlier. Maybe Altoid could be the Sectoid commander, but they looks much different (Altoids are recolour but have sense instead of Aquatoids on dry land).
My current idea to Sectoid commander is to keep the armour, just recolour the purple parts and give them a green cloak, or black cloak with green edges instead of golden. The reworked sprites in Paint looks promising so far.

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 13, 2014, 09:40:37 pm »
Checking the Xcom1 basic ruleset and the FMP ruleset I found that there are several weapons with the  hitAnimation: 26 line... Should all of them be changed to hitAnimation: 0 or this is necessary only for the weapons that make HE/Smoke/Incendiary damage?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #693 on: September 13, 2014, 09:43:35 pm »

Checking the Xcom1 basic ruleset and the FMP ruleset I found that there are several weapons with the  hitAnimation: 26 line... Should all of them be changed to hitAnimation: 0 or this is necessary only for the weapons that make HE/Smoke/Incendiary damage?

Only those that have HE/Smoke/Incendiary damage. :)

Offline the_third_curry

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 13, 2014, 11:47:33 pm »
Two minor things that I've noticed:

1) In the alien bases, it's possible to walk diagonally through at the pictured area without opening either door.

2) This one is a bit nit-picky, but the "Alloy Skyranger" name tends to slightly overflow the text space at several areas.

Offline XCOMFan419

• Colonel
  • Wait I'm still here I swear
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 14, 2014, 10:07:46 pm »
I just realized that FMP is the Long War mod for OXC

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 14, 2014, 10:43:14 pm »
Long war is long war XD... But is similar agree the best of actual modders and put the game more interesting. I only use fmp

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 14, 2014, 10:45:44 pm »
Version 0.9.4 is up, and it contains many changes!
- Finally coded the Alien Electronics component, necessary for building Sectopods and Stormtrooper Armours (and possibly more in the future) and only available by disassembling alien robots.
- Made Auto Cannon, Heavy Cannon and Proximity Mine researchable (at a small cost).
- Added Tactical Sniper Rifle (sprite by Dioxine).
- Added Landmine (available to buy).
- Added new Stormtrooper Armour (sprites by XOps).
- Added Multi-Launcher (sprite provided by RSS Wizard).
- Added Advanced Rocket launcher (sprite ripped from Shadow Warrior, converted by Dioxine) that fires Large Rocket, Elerium Rocket (ripped from Xenonauts, converted by Dioxine) and Mind Guided Rocket (by Clownagent, formerly launched from Rocket Launcher).
- Added special sprites for Sectoid Commander (made by XOps), Muton Engineer (made by Dioxine) and Floater Commander.
- Added new Muton ranks: Praetorian and Guard (sprites by XOps).
- Added a machete (for hybrids and other rabble).
- Salamandron can bite now (beta feature, we'll see if it works properly).
- Shorter arrival time for craft cannon rounds.
- Alloy Sword takes more storage space.
- Made the Elerium Mace a bit more accurate, but requires Alien Subjugation.
- Removed two faulty UFO maps.
- Tank/Laser Cannon is a separate (cheap) research now, because of new coding possibilities with the latest nightly that will soon be used.
- Updated Hobbes' Mission/Terrain Pack mod.
- Fixed a bug with drone smoke launcher.
- Fixed new UFO maps, by Grzegorzj.
- More English fixes by Jayden.

As always, get it here: https://www.openxcom.com/mod/final-mod-pack. But before installing, please download the latest nightly, or you may experience some bad mojo!

Recoloured the snakeman's cloak to black\grey. Now test it in-game how it looks like.

https://www.mediafire.com/download/gyqq2xfticpilmt/AltoidCrabmanDuo.zip
These are my "things" I mentioned earlier. Maybe Altoid could be the Sectoid commander, but they looks much different (Altoids are recolour but have sense instead of Aquatoids on dry land).
My current idea to Sectoid commander is to keep the armour, just recolour the purple parts and give them a green cloak, or black cloak with green edges instead of golden. The reworked sprites in Paint looks promising so far.

I actually like the Altoids concept, though they should be a bit more different visually from their Sectoid brethren. And as I said before, I'm unwilling to add more TFTD races, because they'll be clashing with a possible hybrid game, so I don't really want the Crab Men.

Having said that, Paint and .bmp is not suitable for sprites. At all. If I wanted to use them now, i wouldn't know where to start; processing them to a stage where they could be used would be a lot of work.

Why don't you make a mod yourself, and see how it works out? You have the sprites, all that is needed is the ruleset. Take Robin's gazer race, for example, and modify it.

And speaking of space-faring alien races, you know what we could have? The Aerials. You know, those from X-Com Interceptor (not the SOAD song).

Two minor things that I've noticed:

1) In the alien bases, it's possible to walk diagonally through at the pictured area without opening either door.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'll have a look at this map at some point, but I'm not sure if it's a bug.

2) This one is a bit nit-picky, but the "Alloy Skyranger" name tends to slightly overflow the text space at several areas.

Any ideas on how to name the craft? Airstraker? Stormranger? :)

I just realized that FMP is the Long War mod for OXC

And ever getting longer. :)

Thanks for the praise, guys. I promise to keep providing more.

EDIT:

The new Tactical Sniper Rifle is positioned incorrectly. It's a small glitch though which most people probably won't even notice, so I won't be releasing a new version just to fix this. Anyone who cares can fix it by modifying this part:

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_HEAVY_SNIPER_RIFLE
    size: 0.3
    costSell: 11000
    weight: 14
    bigSprite: 193
    floorSprite: 174
    handSprite: 136
    bulletSprite: 14
    fireSound: 62
    compatibleAmmo:
      - STR_HEAVY_SNIPER_RIFLE_CLIP
      - STR_HEAVY_SNIPER_RIFLE_HE_CLIP
      - STR_HEAVY_SNIPER_RIFLE_AA_CLIP
    accuracyAimed: 150
    tuAimed: 80
    battleType: 1
    twoHanded: true
    invWidth: 2
    invHeight: 3
    armor: 20
    listOrder: 2215

Change invWidth: 2 to invWidth: 1 to fix the weapon.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 11:39:24 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline guille1434

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 15, 2014, 06:31:54 am »
Hello Solarius:

Reading through the new v0.9.4 ruleset I saw that in the manufacturing entry for Repair Stormtrooper Armor, it says that one Flying Suit Corpse is required... May be this was copied from the Repair  Flying Suit entry and remained uncorrected?

Thanks for the new update!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 15, 2014, 08:10:01 am »
Reading through the new v0.9.4 ruleset I saw that in the manufacturing entry for Repair Stormtrooper Armor, it says that one Flying Suit Corpse is required... May be this was copied from the Repair  Flying Suit entry and remained uncorrected?

That's right. :P

I'll fix it later today...

EDIT:

For now, here's the fixed ruleset.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:58:42 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 15, 2014, 10:01:39 am »
Stormtroooer sales XD. Along the day i up with spanish trans

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #701 on: September 15, 2014, 11:15:50 am »
Having said that, Paint and .bmp is not suitable for sprites. At all. If I wanted to use them now, i wouldn't know where to start; processing them to a stage where they could be used would be a lot of work.

Why don't you make a mod yourself, and see how it works out? You have the sprites, all that is needed is the ruleset. Take Robin's gazer race, for example, and modify it.
For sprites I use MsPaint while for the rest PhotoShop. Trully, none of these are adequate at all. That is why I re-pack the finished sheets into pck (what MUST NOT used in game, as I experienced so far!). I do not know what tools do you use but I think the beginning was pck. So I decided to make pck files.

I do not want to make a mod myself. Or not now for sure. I actively make mods for Open General what easier than OXC for sure (no coding) but still lot of work (world setting, equipment files, units and maps graphics, scenarios and campaigns just to rework a lot after playtests). It took me 7 months to finish Xeno General (I think I post it into "others" section where I do not really found Haikus so far) and now working on Fantasy General and a Dune mod parallel (and even help with People's General mods). Making OXC mod now is impossible (or needs extreme amount of energy to slow down the time) but making graphics is different. It is an excercise and finesse of something I have a paper certification already (well, the certification states I am a general artist, not digital or painter, a graphician instead, still I continously try digital medias...).

Soon pack the reworked snakeman and ethereal commanders (if I read it well, sectoid commanders not need anymore). Snakeman looks good but sometimes it is invisible (that is why not use my pck files directly). Only sometimes. I think that was the main reason why do you not mess the pck files... Or not...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 15, 2014, 12:17:44 pm »
For sprites I use MsPaint while for the rest PhotoShop. Trully, none of these are adequate at all. That is why I re-pack the finished sheets into pck (what MUST NOT used in game, as I experienced so far!).

I use Photoshop as well, but why Paint? It doesn't preserve the palette, it doesn't preserve transparency, it doesn't do anything that is required when working with Openxcom. Photoshop does, so why bother with Paint? I'm just curious.

(I also use Paint, but for other stuff.)

I do not know what tools do you use but I think the beginning was pck. So I decided to make pck files.

That's not good. I mean, it could technically work, but it is not recommended at all (ask the devs). Use spritesheets or at least sprites for best results.

Soon pack the reworked snakeman and ethereal commanders (if I read it well, sectoid commanders not need anymore).

Yeah, sorry - I forgot to write this explicitly.

Snakeman looks good but sometimes it is invisible (that is why not use my pck files directly). Only sometimes. I think that was the main reason why do you not mess the pck files... Or not...

If you use the correct palette, it'll be fine. Just edit the spritesheet.

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 15, 2014, 02:52:57 pm »
Try Paint.Net instead? It's a bit more versatile.

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 15, 2014, 04:43:08 pm »
paint.net cant edit indexed png/gif in any useful form
why are you talking about sprite software here -> https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=2676.0 is better