Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1609741 times)

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #645 on: September 03, 2014, 06:38:15 pm »
Donamite or rocket launcher. I use them to break the walls and enter. Operation surprise XD

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #646 on: September 03, 2014, 09:12:20 pm »
Can you post pictures of the maps where this happens?
Not really. Since the game reached 2000's may I not gone to any terror missions except MiB. But it was a big parking place with cars and 4-level houses\domiciles. On the second floor homes have a room what's door could be opened but a furniture stands in front of them what need to destroy to enter the room. Furniture is outside the room what troopers want to examine (always set the AI a spitter into one of these rooms!)...

Anyway, today finished the game. Raped Cydonia and laughed into the face of the elite Ethereal guards. It was big fun! OXC with Rail gun (what I hope shall be implemented into FMP) and FMP it was a real threat and a good game to play! What I did not reached in any ways (checked after reload in debug mode the ufopedia - all entries were there even those I can not research anyway) are the following (I simply had no more interrogation\research options left no matter what did I captured\salvaged anywhere):
Spitter autopsy (not even alien medics make this entry!)
Cybermite (no medics nor technicians tell the secret of this thing and without small launcher I had no chance to capture one alive!)
Small launcher (all the other weapons were in my disposal and I knew both ammo for this aswell)
MiB (captured a full base's crew alive but nothing happened and corpses can not be examined)

Strange thing what I experienced during interrogations that some alien entries could be tell by medics while others by technicians. Could it be done that all cybernetic thing belong to technicians except autopsies while all organic things to medics? Just wonder, the game could be well finish without these or without the above mentioned things.
Still interesting that in debug-mode I did have all the ufopedia entries without error! And I see there is only 2 MiB related entires although one of them suggest to capture a MiB commander for more infos...

And if rail gun mod shall be implemented into FMP may I suggest some things? Mass accelerating weaponry (MAW) really needs some rebalance! Earth-bond technology is better than alien? MAW damages must be lower a bit. And the craft weapon is overpowered! It may keep the weapon range but damage must be only a bit bigger than laser cannon but must be weaker than plasma cannon! Even it's freedom from elerium is acceptable but 120 rounds is way to much! Give it 50-60 instead. But this is maybe only me who thinks this...

Anyway, I really must have a very big Thanks! for the FMP! It make a cool game far better and enjoyable. I waiting where should it further developing! And I hope even I could offer some little bits for the future FMPs...

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #647 on: September 03, 2014, 10:18:04 pm »
Dioxine mentioned that I may send pictures here for you to correct\convert them.
May I open a new topic for that?
Anyway, here is the first two in 24bits BMP format, the Tunlun terrorists:

Why the difference in stature? The sprite shows the Tunlun as a golem-like bastard and the autopsy say they have hard skin. Maybe their hard skin is a strudy but bulky carapace what need to remove prior of the autopsy? May their hard coverage a genetic augmentation made by the aliens? It left open some questions what may lead to future items and researches...

Offline Mustang

• Sergeant
  • Megapol Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 04, 2014, 07:22:35 am »
Well, if you're saying you have the prerequisites, then you do, but if you can't research it, then it means you probably don't...

Psi-Amp requires:
- Mind Probe
- Psionics

Mind Probe requires:
- Alien Neurosychology
- Alien Optical Processor

Psionics require interrogation of a psionic alien.

Laser rifles require:
- Laser Cannon
- Power Source Miniaturization

Power Source Miniaturization requires:
- UFO Power Source
- Interrogation of an Engineer

Hopefully this helps.

I've lost several games now because I just can't find these empty techs. What is Alien Neuropsychology or Alien Microprocessor? Am I just supposed to research  leaders until I randomly get the empty techs I need? In my last game and my current one I finally got to Gauss, but in my current one I also just researched a sectoid commander and didn't unlock psionics. Are the requirements different for those too? Is it possible to disable this empty tech nonsense?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 07:26:49 am by Mustang »

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 04, 2014, 12:58:25 pm »
You need to them interrogate medics. Engineers. And leaders

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline MeatLoaf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 04, 2014, 02:05:08 pm »
I've lost several games now because I just can't find these empty techs

When you say you've lost several games do you mean actual games, or just missions? I'm half way through september now still using avalanche missiles and guass weaponry (although I do have flying power armor). Hold onto your missile launchers/auto cannons  and switch to IC ammo (don't forget the grenades!)I think I burned through 16 missiles and 20 grenades going against an etheral terrorship :)

Offline Avalanche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 04, 2014, 05:50:01 pm »
I've definitely lost games because of how difficult it is to advance. The last game I played my base got invaded by while I was still using alloy ammo. I technically won the mission, but I lost pretty much the entire base when a structure got destroyed right below the access lift.

In my most recent game, I only very narrowly avoided a loss. Gazers started appearing very early on, and they're almost impossible to handle when you're using alloy ammo. It got to the point where I'd only be able to actually do about a third of them missions that popped up. My only saving grace was that floaters and those floating brain bastards would attack all of my secondary bases constantly, so I could grab a few points that way.

Even more importantly though is the absolutely terrible luck I had with catching engineers, and the worse luck I had with research topics from leaders/commanders. I didn't get a single engineer of any race until September. I was using alloy ammo until November, when I finally got gauss. I then used gauss until April of next year, where I got plasma, fusion and the psy amp (after getting psy powers in February of the first year). Yes, I said plasma and fusion. I got plasma weapons and blaster bombs before any of the laser techs. It was absurd.

Edit: I guess the takeaway is that it'd be nice if the leaders/commanders dropped research topics in a specific order. I shouldn't unlock how to mass produce guided fusion warheads before I figure out the MIB laser pistol.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 05:52:13 pm by Avalanche »

Offline MeatLoaf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 04, 2014, 07:11:17 pm »
I've definitely lost games because of how difficult it is to advance. The last game I played my base got invaded by while I was still using alloy ammo. I technically won the mission, but I lost pretty much the entire base when a structure got destroyed right below the access lift.

Even more importantly though is the absolutely terrible luck I had with catching engineers, and the worse luck I had with research topics from leaders/commanders.

Destructable facilities should always be behind the firing line rather than part of the front line.
I actually ignored alloy ammunition, I concentrated on building Dart/As early on and left a full compliment of them on the sky ranger. I had 14 snipers+ACs+Rls+Dart with 3 ammo loads for each weapon (and 3 pyro'nades each) and when going against a small ship I'd load the first 10 with DRs and the last 4 with RLs and stun everything. I just worry about the wieght capacity of the sky ranger ;)

I do agree with you on the laser tech though, half way up the plasma research tree we have everything we need to make both the vehicle mounted laser and a man-portable prototype laser (even if the magazine is the size of a rocket and only have 10 shots).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #653 on: September 04, 2014, 09:01:08 pm »
Thanks for the input, everyone. I don't have the time to respond properly right now, but rest assured I do read it all and pay attention to what is said.

Now, let me announce version 0.9.3. It contains some new stuff and fixes:

- Changed Scatter Laser's sprites to one drawn by Rockfish, because the former will be reused as something else.
- Some armour stats juggling.
- Corpse weights adjusted (inspired by NoelBuddy).
- Added Alloy Vest (Earth Combat Armour made from Alien Alloys).
- Added Alloy Knife, to accompany the sword.
- Better image for the MiB Heavy Laser (by Dioxine).
- Made image for the Stormlance (somewhat crappy, but better than nothing).
- Toxigun Flask can now be researched without the Alien Gardens tech (but not manufactured).
- Updated Dioxine's Improved Living Quarters mod to the latest version.
- Many English fixes, by Jayden.

Offline Recruit69

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 04, 2014, 10:31:30 pm »
I see you incorporated the changes to IronFist.

Yet again, I do end up on the edge of the map, but as you shortened the ship by one tile, my tanks can now finally return to its ship!

Another point to note, I am not sure but, there is a wierd tile looking out of place, on Polar Mountain terrain - see screenshot.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #655 on: September 05, 2014, 10:04:35 am »
Thanks, I'll check - might be an Ironfist issue (though right now I think it's not).

Offline cjones

• Captain
  • Happy bug hunting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 05, 2014, 08:37:34 pm »
Hello,

First let me say thank you to the mod creator and if anyone from OpenXcom is around, thanks to them to!

I have just started experimenting with mods on open xcom, tried a few standalone out and everything worked fine.

Found your wonderful mod pack and thought it would be nice to have a complete balanced mudpack instead of frankensteining a bunch together that might not be stable/balanced together.

Long story short, I followed the instructions for install to the letter and everything works fine until I try to place the expanded living quarters via a custom base setting.

I thought this might be a prob with custom initial base so I turned that option off.  I started a new game and now I can do everything except once I click to enter my base, openxcom crashes.

I am using the 1.0 windows installer (latest stable) version of open xcom.   I am only enabling the recommended options when starting a new game, ufo extender accuracy and research spent on use.

I am thinking the crash is related to the living quarters mod?  I have attached my save game.

Thanks!

Offline cjones

• Captain
  • Happy bug hunting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 05, 2014, 08:44:25 pm »
On a side note, I would add I am playing the game off of a flash drive, if that matters.  It worked fine before using the FMP.

Thanks!

Offline Falko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 05, 2014, 08:56:33 pm »
from https://www.openxcom.com/mod/final-mod-pack
WARNING:
Requires nightly build version openxcom_git_master_2014_07_03_0820 or later! Get it from https://openxcom.org/git-builds/.

Offline cjones

• Captain
  • Happy bug hunting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 05, 2014, 08:57:54 pm »
AH! Thank you so much for pointing that out, im such a noob.

Thanks again!