Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1581381 times)

Offline Ednew

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3405 on: January 13, 2023, 02:48:34 pm »
Hi People, I have FMP 3.2 (FMP=Finap Mod Pack) with OXCE 6.6.1. (this is the stablest version for me, tried 7.8, but results in crash...) My question is: WHAT EXACTLY are commendations/promotions good for? E.g. Purple Heart, Black Cross... The UFOpedia shows me when my soldiers earn these but it shows NOT what they actually GET after these. In a prev. version of X-Com Files, when I played in 2020, I think the soldiers also received some stat bonuses / boni :)  Is it the same in FMP, but I have to dig... maybe deeper into UFOpedia? Could You pls help me? Many thanks in advance. Happy New Year! :)

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: January 13, 2023, 06:33:37 pm »
I have not touched FMP in ages, but as far as I recall, the original(ish) commendations either did nothing or gave tiny amounts of bravery. Not seeing any soldier bonuses in FMP or FMPE, either. So, probably nothing.

If so, then basically all the commendations are is the glamorous part of your soldiers' record. With soldier diaries, there's a giant amount of information stored for each soldier, which you can see and reminisce about. Find your deadliest Muton killer, best sharpshooter, the guy with 300 missions in Antarctica, etc. Not that any of this protects these celebrity grunts from eating hot flaming plasma next mission. :P

X-Com Files, Piratez and probably a few others indeed give you stat bonuses for getting commendations. Quite a lot, too.

Also, isn't FMP on 3.3 now? And if OXCE crashes on you, the better course of action is to report it in the OXCE subforum, because at least for FMPE, nothing guarantees 6.6 will even remain compatible with future versions of the mod.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: January 13, 2023, 11:01:56 pm »
I have not touched FMP in ages, but as far as I recall, the original(ish) commendations either did nothing or gave tiny amounts of bravery. Not seeing any soldier bonuses in FMP or FMPE, either. So, probably nothing.

I believe you are correct. Stats topped out at like 80TU's (could be boosted to 100 w/Muton armor). And firing maxed at like 120 I believe. But with StormTrooper armor could be brought to 140.
If you were lucky, a soldier might max out a point higher to round off the integer  :P

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: January 14, 2023, 01:35:37 pm »
It's not rounding, secondary stat gains converge to 0-2 per improvement. That one extra point is the 2.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3409 on: January 17, 2023, 11:39:10 am »
OXCE 6.6.1 is ancient; more than 2 years old. I take no responsibility for anything. :P

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: May 13, 2023, 08:20:27 pm »
I tried to load this mod up but it doesn't show up as a mod option.
Exactly the same problem here!  :'( What am I doing wrong?

Of course I am using OpenXCom Extended (version 7.8, still waiting an automatic update to 7.9).
I downloaded the mod from here: https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/final-mod-pack.
I copied the "Final Mod Pack" folder to "mods" folder.
Then I launched a game, but I don't see the "Final Mod Pack" after I pressed "Mods" button...

Well, maybe the mod is so old, that it works only on non-extended openxcom?
Then I downloaded "Final Mod Pack Extended" from here: https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/final-mod-pack-extended-addon.
Also copied the content to "mods" folder.
Launched a game, but still nothing new appeared in the list of mods.

The install tutorial (https://youtu.be/L1WUpX9n7gY?t=22m36s) is outdated. Modern interface is different. I think that this link should be removed.

Please, help!  :'(

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: May 13, 2023, 08:29:47 pm »
is the "mods" folder the same one as shown in Options>Folders?

anything in the logs?

did you scroll to bottom?

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: May 13, 2023, 08:49:17 pm »
Oh, I am an idiot not very observative person...  ::)
Final mod pack is actually listed inside "Enemy Unknown" dropdown option! Who would have thought? XComFiles mod has it's separate dropdown option, and I expected the same from FMP.
Nevertheless, thanks for reply.
---
Also, OXCE updated literally just now. Could it be because of my previous post?  ;D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 08:51:18 pm by Vakrug »

Offline Juppyman39

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: June 01, 2023, 05:56:17 am »
Hi All

I managed to get to Cydonia, i killed all the aliens on the first map, but then the game crashed.
How can i fix this and proceed with the game?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 07:45:25 am by Juppyman39 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: June 01, 2023, 02:44:29 pm »
Hi All

I managed to get to Cydonia, i killed all the aliens on the first map, but then the game crashed.
How can i fix this and proceed with the game?

Thanks in advance!

Without a save I can't say anything. This has never happened before.

Offline Juppyman39

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: June 10, 2023, 03:24:19 pm »
Nevermind, i could fix it.

What is a better way to stun an alien? In my whole last game (inculding the end game) i basically used the stun rod only, i tried the tazer gun and also one grenade, that supposes to stun the alien according to its description (forgot the name of it), but neither of them was effective, so i turned back to the stun rod again.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: June 20, 2023, 10:22:51 am »
What is a better way to stun an alien? In my whole last game (inculding the end game) i basically used the stun rod only, i tried the tazer gun and also one grenade, that supposes to stun the alien according to its description (forgot the name of it), but neither of them was effective, so i turned back to the stun rod again.

The taser gun and the grenade have the advantage of, well, not being melee.

EDIT:

Final Mod Pack version 3.3 has been released.

- 61 new countries.
- Updated globe map.
- New agent names.
- 7 new Port maps.
- 1 new Urban map (by Dioxine).
- 1 new Postindustrial map (by Dioxine).
- 2 new Jungle maps (by Dioxine).
- 4 new Port map variants (by Thallori).
- Desert stones are yellow.
- Fixed Trinidad position.
- Terrain fixes.

Enjoy!

Offline Firestorm_01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: July 19, 2023, 01:43:01 am »
I've noticed updates for FMP Extended on github:
https://github.com/SolariusScorch/Final-Mod-Pack-Extended/commits/main
https://github.com/SolariusScorch/Final-Mod-Pack-Extended/blob/main/FinalModPackExtended_readme.txt
CHANGELOG:
1.1: New item: Fire Extinguisher.

But no sings of updates on mod portal:
https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/final-mod-pack-extended-addon
There is still lversion 1.0.8

Is 1.1 FMP Extended version ready to be played?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 01:00:02 pm by Firestorm_01 »

Offline Tyrfing

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: July 28, 2023, 03:16:50 am »

In the beginning, I also use just the stun rod. And a smoke, lllllots of smoke. All of my soldiers are carrying at least one zero-armed smoke grenade, so they can either throw it quickly, or when they drop dead/unconscious, they immediately obstruct the vision since the smoke grenade(s) go off. This helps applying healing too, if the guy is still alive. Anyway, I get a some smoke around the alien and then try to sneak on him. I smoke even inside UFOs. The small scout tank is very good unit for this, too. Then I have some 2 dedicated stunners, with light or even no armor in the beginning, and they have only a SMG and the stun rod. Stronger heavier armored soldiers also carry a stun rod in the backpack, as they can guard the stunned ETs against reviving for long, while the dedicated stunners go on further being stunning.

No need for stunning in the beginning though, as there's no Alien Container.

Later in game, my stunners get the synthsuit, and a laser pistol to the stun rod. They work prettly well. Since Skymarshall allows for large crew, I have some stunners, some dart rifle shooters and some seriously armed guys.

In the end it's stun bomb all the way.  ;D  Great way to improve on Alien life forms is hunting down the small scouts, once even the weakest dart rifle is available. Then there's a big tank, scout tank, many dart shooters and one sniper with alloy ammo. Either I turn the alien into a sleeping ostrich or the tank + sniper plug him dead.

The best small scout hunter is the Thunderstorm with the smallest cannon. It brings the small scout down safely every time and the UFO cannot run away.

I love this mod. As I am not too reckless player, it can make the way to Cydonia so much longer and more winding road.  ;)

Offline Tyrfing

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: July 30, 2023, 03:36:14 am »
Some notes on 3.3 (and maybe earlier, I haven't played FMP for some time, also I might have got more recent game engine)

Hasn't the game been heavily randomized recently? I am just player, not acquainted with randomizations of data vs engine (using OpenXcom on SuSE Linux), but this time I witnessed phenomenons like MiB Laser tank surviving 2 hits from the rail sniper rifle and several hits from laser equipped HWPs. This was pretty unsettling, because these things pack one of the biggest punches in the battlescape. Later on, Obliterator went happily surviving full auto fire from the heavy plasma. To be honest, I'm glad I did not encounter them earlier with just alloy bullets! :-)

On the randomization, I also saw my HWPs auto shooting like crosseyed novices, the auto cone was like 60 degrees, which I think was a wee bit much for machines, unless they've been secretly bought from Wish. Also my senior soldiers missed with the laser pistol auto fire from a point blank range. I don't think I saw this on the earlier FMPs/engines. Not sure where this comes from.

I don't remember which level I played, maybe the randomization increases as one plays on harder difficulties? The randomization is definitely there (surviving many hits from ultra hard hitting weapons), I was also spending more than one plasma torch battery to get a single hole in the UFO hull.

I was surprised that the UFOs did not contain commanders (except battleships), but I got my tech advances all from leaders, then had to pick one commander in a base to learn about Cydonia. That was a nice twist, I could care less about the bases in the previous games.

Fortunately at that point I had my psippet masters working very effectively, so it wasn't that problematic. I abducted one commander from a sectoid base and ran away; when I went in for a second time for another one to see if he yields any further info, and I ran into this unfortunate base configuration which made my ammo/equiment depot located on the lift, this meant that I had to win the base battle, or run away and lose all my stuff, or transfer it from the lift. It was like 200 items, mind you, so I decided to win the base battle. The depot location is definitely not a problem of FMP, I saw this on TFTD game with OpenXcom too. With that I found out my Sectopods had asthma, as they were running out of "energy" after longer strolls in the largely emptying base. That was a surprise indeed. :-)

Is anybody using the Plasma cannon or the Stormlance missile? The Avalanche beats them hands down on availability+range. One has to gang up more fighters on large UFOs, but once I have Ravens and Thunderstorms, I can bring down any UFO safely down that is not Very Large.

I liked that I didn't have to have alien electronics for the Stormtrooper armor repair, that made sense.

I saw things like Battle Ships (not MiB terror missions) crewed by MiBs. Surprising.