aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1256981 times)

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • I hate Chrysalis
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3390 on: October 19, 2022, 02:02:35 am »
Hi, first off, I just want to say I'm really enjoying this modpack- it massively expands the game while keeping the spirit of the vanilla game.
I have run into a crash, however. It seems to be related to the Hovertank/Laser. Whenever I try to move it in the Up/Left direction out of the Skymarshall, I get the crash.
As you can see from the screenshot, the Hovertank itself looks rather... abstract.

I don't *think* I've done anything wrong while installing the game and mod, and the game has been running just fine until now.

Have the same exact crash. Noticed it today. For me I noticed it during a base attack so had a nice clear view of the Hover.
It didn't look right. The pixels were off (not sure how else to explain it). It was 4 blurry squares vs. one clear hover.

Am also enjoying these latest changes to FMP.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
    • Email
« Reply #3391 on: October 22, 2022, 10:48:33 pm »
Thank you for the report. This tank's armour entry in FMP Extended was damaged, which resulted in the abovementioned problems.

I have updated FMPE, please download version 1.0.7. Or alternatively, you can just replace this file: https://github.com/SolariusScorch/Final-Mod-Pack-Extended/blob/main/Ruleset/armors_FMPE.rul

Offline sammypop

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: October 24, 2022, 06:22:59 pm »
Thanks for the fix! Hovertanks are working normally for me now- it's nice to be able to use them again.

Offline MoloMowChow

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: November 08, 2022, 02:47:46 pm »
Is the Community Map Pack necessary/compatible with this mod?

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7830.0.html

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3394 on: November 08, 2022, 03:41:12 pm »
Is the Community Map Pack necessary/compatible with this mod?

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7830.0.html

Most of CMP content is already integrated with the FMP.

I'm not sure if it's otherwise compatible.

Offline Zane Wolfe

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: November 18, 2022, 04:32:11 pm »
Which XcomUlti mods work with FMP, and which don't really work right? I was testing and found that the Avalanche mod to make the starting craft have avalanche launchers actually changed the starting gear in the skyraider (might have even changed it to a skyranger, didn't check). Would say using Always Daylight prevent the game from showing any of the maps added by FMP?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3396 on: November 18, 2022, 04:56:32 pm »
Which XcomUlti mods work with FMP, and which don't really work right? I was testing and found that the Avalanche mod to make the starting craft have avalanche launchers actually changed the starting gear in the skyraider (might have even changed it to a skyranger, didn't check). Would say using Always Daylight prevent the game from showing any of the maps added by FMP?

These mods are made specifically for vanilla and are wonky at best wiuth FMP. For example, Always Daylight will work with vanilla missions and ships, but not new ones.

I don't know these mods well enough to say definitely which will work with FMP (if any) and which won't, but I generally wouldn't recommend enabling them blindly. It can screw up the tech tree and such, not to mention the only partial functionality.