Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1610304 times)

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3390 on: October 19, 2022, 02:02:35 am »
Hi, first off, I just want to say I'm really enjoying this modpack- it massively expands the game while keeping the spirit of the vanilla game.
I have run into a crash, however. It seems to be related to the Hovertank/Laser. Whenever I try to move it in the Up/Left direction out of the Skymarshall, I get the crash.
As you can see from the screenshot, the Hovertank itself looks rather... abstract.

I don't *think* I've done anything wrong while installing the game and mod, and the game has been running just fine until now.

Have the same exact crash. Noticed it today. For me I noticed it during a base attack so had a nice clear view of the Hover.
It didn't look right. The pixels were off (not sure how else to explain it). It was 4 blurry squares vs. one clear hover.

Am also enjoying these latest changes to FMP.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3391 on: October 22, 2022, 10:48:33 pm »
Thank you for the report. This tank's armour entry in FMP Extended was damaged, which resulted in the abovementioned problems.

I have updated FMPE, please download version 1.0.7. Or alternatively, you can just replace this file: https://github.com/SolariusScorch/Final-Mod-Pack-Extended/blob/main/Ruleset/armors_FMPE.rul

Offline sammypop

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: October 24, 2022, 06:22:59 pm »
Thanks for the fix! Hovertanks are working normally for me now- it's nice to be able to use them again.

Offline MoloMowChow

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: November 08, 2022, 02:47:46 pm »
Is the Community Map Pack necessary/compatible with this mod?

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7830.0.html

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: November 08, 2022, 03:41:12 pm »
Is the Community Map Pack necessary/compatible with this mod?

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7830.0.html

Most of CMP content is already integrated with the FMP.

I'm not sure if it's otherwise compatible.

Offline Zane Wolfe

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: November 18, 2022, 04:32:11 pm »
Which XcomUlti mods work with FMP, and which don't really work right? I was testing and found that the Avalanche mod to make the starting craft have avalanche launchers actually changed the starting gear in the skyraider (might have even changed it to a skyranger, didn't check). Would say using Always Daylight prevent the game from showing any of the maps added by FMP?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: November 18, 2022, 04:56:32 pm »
Which XcomUlti mods work with FMP, and which don't really work right? I was testing and found that the Avalanche mod to make the starting craft have avalanche launchers actually changed the starting gear in the skyraider (might have even changed it to a skyranger, didn't check). Would say using Always Daylight prevent the game from showing any of the maps added by FMP?

These mods are made specifically for vanilla and are wonky at best wiuth FMP. For example, Always Daylight will work with vanilla missions and ships, but not new ones.

I don't know these mods well enough to say definitely which will work with FMP (if any) and which won't, but I generally wouldn't recommend enabling them blindly. It can screw up the tech tree and such, not to mention the only partial functionality.

Offline Firestorm_01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: December 23, 2022, 11:45:47 pm »
I have question about FMP Extended. Are there plans to do some further balance tweaks with vanillla weapons?
For example in vanilla heavy plasma is best asault weapon in the game and at the same time it is not even heavy by its weight. And Heavy laser considered not really worth to use at all.
Or things above simply was changed long time ago?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: December 25, 2022, 11:56:13 am »
I have question about FMP Extended. Are there plans to do some further balance tweaks with vanillla weapons?
For example in vanilla heavy plasma is best asault weapon in the game and at the same time it is not even heavy by its weight. And Heavy laser considered not really worth to use at all.
Or things above simply was changed long time ago?

To be honest I don't understand the question. You ask about FMPE, yet describe vanilla weapons.
Is it about FMP vs. vanilla? FMPE vs. FMP? Or FMPE vs. vanilla?

Offline Firestorm_01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: December 26, 2022, 12:02:41 am »
To be honest I don't understand the question. You ask about FMPE, yet describe vanilla weapons.
Is it about FMP vs. vanilla? FMPE vs. FMP? Or FMPE vs. vanilla?
It is question about FMPE.  As far as I know FMP was bound by rule "extend content but keep original with minor tweaks". But FMPE may have different concept about weapons that comes from vanilla.

Recently I've finished game without mods- and in the end I've used only heavy plasma as default weapon. And aliens as well  mostly used only heavy plasma.
Question is: does FMP or FMPE change semething about heavy plasma being strictly best non explosive weapon that being overused by XCOM and aliens in the end?
If no- are there plans to change it?

I have this question because I've looked into heavy plasma stats. And it looks like only max aim ranges was changed and CQC accuracy. Other stats remains the same.

I know that FMP exist for 8 years so I have suspision that somethings about overusing heavy plasma was done long time ago. Maybe I just don't understand what exactly.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 01:07:13 am by Firestorm_01 »

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: December 26, 2022, 01:05:03 am »
First off, Merry Christmas.
Second, As far as I know in FMP extended, plasma has become flammable. It's a bit more dangerous than it used to be in old/regular FMP. Hope this answers your question

Offline Firestorm_01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: December 26, 2022, 01:10:10 am »
First off, Merry Christmas.
Second, As far as I know in FMP extended, plasma has become flammable. It's a bit more dangerous than it used to be in old/regular FMP. Hope this answers your question
Merry Christmas.

But does not it make heavy plasma even more effective?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 01:18:36 am by Firestorm_01 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: December 26, 2022, 03:04:12 am »
Merry Christmas, folks!

It is question about FMPE.  As far as I know FMP was bound by rule "extend content but keep original with minor tweaks". But FMPE may have different concept about weapons that comes from vanilla.

While none of the weapons have changed fundamentally, the OXCE engine indeed allows for some new weapon effects, like armour penetration or causing fires. And introducing these effects naturally changed how some weapons work, although not to the point where they would become something else.

Recently I've finished game without mods- and in the end I've used only heavy plasma as default weapon. And aliens as well  mostly used only heavy plasma.
Question is: does FMP or FMPE change semething about heavy plasma being strictly best non explosive weapon that being overused by XCOM and aliens in the end?
If no- are there plans to change it?

I think it still holds the same position.

I have this question because I've looked into heavy plasma stats. And it looks like only max aim ranges was changed and CQC accuracy. Other stats remains the same.

On the weapon, yes. On the clip, there are more changes.

I know that FMP exist for 8 years so I have suspision that somethings about overusing heavy plasma was done long time ago. Maybe I just don't understand what exactly.

No, I have no intention to dethrone plasma. It is, after all, what the aliens have been using for millennia, so it's kind of hard to beat within a year or two of development. Advanced railguns try to, though.

But does not it make heavy plasma even more effective?

Maybe marginally. Being on fire is hardly your greatest worry when hit by plasma.

In other news: since after playing X-Com Files the globe looked depressingly empty in FMP, I decided to add more countries. In total, 61 countries were added. Money balance should be more or less the same, though.

Offline karatewalrus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: January 13, 2023, 03:00:13 am »
I tried to load this mod up but it doesn't show up as a mod option. I got openxcom 1.0 and put it in the mods folder and it doesn't show up.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: January 13, 2023, 12:24:41 pm »
I tried to load this mod up but it doesn't show up as a mod option. I got openxcom 1.0 and put it in the mods folder and it doesn't show up.

The Submod only works with OpenXcom Extended