Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580200 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3135 on: January 26, 2020, 11:14:53 am »
Do you have the miniaturization tech?

Offline normae

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: January 27, 2020, 02:08:20 am »
I've been looking at the effectiveness of various weapons against sectoids for this mod currently. You might be suprised to know that the shotgun (alloy slug) appears to have the highest effectiveness of all combat tech for one-hit-kill probabillities at snap and possibly even auto against a basic sectoid until gauss sniper (snap) is used.

the average range of engagement in a confined space is aproximately 10 squares.... the range penalty at 8 doesn't reduce accuracy below 100%.  Shotguns with slug ammunition have a 73.50% chance of killing a sectoid on a single shot. Paired with a sniper rifle (alloy) at a 80% one-hit-kill probabillity at range, this is basically the ultimate riflemen combination for early game combat against sectoids

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: January 27, 2020, 01:40:18 pm »
What can I say - shotties work very well in their specific niche, if you manage to keep the spread in check.

Offline Rumakos

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: January 27, 2020, 02:02:18 pm »
After the year of my absence here, it is so great to see that work is still going on and new ideas had been implemented! A thousand of thanks to author and all people involved in. This Mod is really awesome!

misterx

« Reply #3139 on: January 28, 2020, 09:32:05 am »
@Solarius: care to add the viper assault cannon mod?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: February 12, 2020, 07:14:56 pm »
Version 2.6 has been released.

- New Urban blocks from Amuys and Sanya Skill Pro.
- Fixed a rare crash on when starting a mission on the southern hemisphere.

Offline Docent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: February 13, 2020, 09:14:46 pm »
Hello!
1) It looks like a bug:
units.rul:
Chtonite (all ranks)
floatHeight: 2
I thought they walk with their feet.

2) Question:
alienRaces.rul:
STR_ANTHROPOD and STR_ANTHROPODB include an absolutely identical list of ranks. For what? What's the point?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: February 16, 2020, 12:14:03 pm »
Hello!

Hello!

1) It looks like a bug:
units.rul:
Chtonite (all ranks)
floatHeight: 2
I thought they walk with their feet.

It's not just Chtonites, but several other units too! What a strange bug.

2) Question:
alienRaces.rul:
STR_ANTHROPOD and STR_ANTHROPODB include an absolutely identical list of ranks. For what? What's the point?

You're right, at this point I can remove it.

Offline Firestone

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: March 05, 2020, 04:09:57 am »
Hello found a bug here been binge playing your mod-pack for 3 days straight. I finally unlocked the research for plasma weapons and clips.

Bug#1 Well I researched the clips FIRST then the plasma weapons SECOND and a message popped up when I finished the weapon saying I need to research the clip to manufacture, but I already researched the clip and now I cant manufacture plasma weapons and ammo cause no research option. This makes me really sad cause I worked really hard researching and capturing aliens to get to the end game. You should know you made the tech trees. Do you think you can make a fix cause its ruining the end game?

Complaint#1 Ok I like that you added new aliens but you need to make it where they drop loot = to the UFO value. Example: I just went 2 yes 2 months with no weapon/artifact drop mobs and I am pushing into the 3rd.. All insects and men in black missions non stop. The only thing of value on any size ship is power supply and navigation taking down a Large and dont even make a million in sales.
MiB missions pfft.. Look man Running 7 bases costs money $$$$$ When you take away the only source of the cash the player bankrupts. I had 30 million saved up and now I'm about to bankrupt cause I cant get any loot from ufo's.

I understand that it adds to the game but these no loot drop encounters should be limited to a week at most... It destroys the financial structure that holds the x-com project together. Oh and the MiB missions base/terror should be limited to 1 time per play through it was a nice easter egg but its not cute over and over again without pay.

Offline Firestone

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: March 06, 2020, 04:55:01 am »
It came up with another research for plasma weapons after i did some the opposite way and now I can manufacture the ammo/weapon was weird how it did it tho.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: March 08, 2020, 01:41:16 pm »
Bug#1 Well I researched the clips FIRST then the plasma weapons SECOND and a message popped up when I finished the weapon saying I need to research the clip to manufacture, but I already researched the clip and now I cant manufacture plasma weapons and ammo cause no research option. This makes me really sad cause I worked really hard researching and capturing aliens to get to the end game. You should know you made the tech trees. Do you think you can make a fix cause its ruining the end game?

Sorry, this is a bit confusing. Are you saying that you could manufacture something and now you can't? Or was the message about manufacturing something displayed where you could manufacture it before?
Most likely it is an issue between the options to use plasma weapons and manufacturing them. I don't think it's an actual bug, or everyone would complain.

Complaint#1 Ok I like that you added new aliens but you need to make it where they drop loot = to the UFO value. Example: I just went 2 yes 2 months with no weapon/artifact drop mobs and I am pushing into the 3rd.. All insects and men in black missions non stop. The only thing of value on any size ship is power supply and navigation taking down a Large and dont even make a million in sales.
MiB missions pfft.. Look man Running 7 bases costs money $$$$$ When you take away the only source of the cash the player bankrupts. I had 30 million saved up and now I'm about to bankrupt cause I cant get any loot from ufo's.

I understand that it adds to the game but these no loot drop encounters should be limited to a week at most... It destroys the financial structure that holds the x-com project together. Oh and the MiB missions base/terror should be limited to 1 time per play through it was a nice easter egg but its not cute over and over again without pay.

Which races are used is totally random, just like in vanilla (including MiBs). Still, I'm not sure how the race can affect your budget so badly, since they use the same equipment (except Cerebreals, who don't use any).
Also if you are facing with budget problems, maybe start saving? Going from 30 million to 0 sounds pretty weird.

It came up with another research for plasma weapons after i did some the opposite way and now I can manufacture the ammo/weapon was weird how it did it tho.

So does it work or not?

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: April 15, 2020, 05:17:28 am »
I think there might be a terrain issue in 2.6. No errors in openxcom.log, but there are obvious missing tiles in the ground. Attaching a screenshot. Which bits are relevant from the savegame to identify which file this is?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 05:22:26 am by myk002 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: April 15, 2020, 03:01:21 pm »
Yeah, some issue with terrain, thanks. I'll have a look.

Offline B@R5uk

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: April 24, 2020, 10:17:28 pm »
Some days ago I've started new game with new FMP 2.6. Now I've got a OXC crash (see image below) and am wondering: what to do? I've read some pages earlier about shaman voodoo with save file, but will it help permanently and without any loss? I mean game (or something) have placed these lines in save file so there is a need for them or they may be restored even after deletion.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 10:19:20 pm by B@R5uk »

Offline B@R5uk

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: April 25, 2020, 07:32:48 pm »
Found a different solution without altering save files: loaded latest battlescape save and took a different set of actions that lead to the end of battle. After that there was no crash.

And I also found some bugged terrain, not sure if it the same tileset from different angle or not.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 07:35:34 pm by B@R5uk »