aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1601089 times)

Offline Sanuich

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2925 on: August 12, 2018, 12:36:39 pm »
I found Alien Data slates but can't research. They just in my storage
in tech tree they just initial item with no requirements
What i need to research them

I faced that Alien Electronics required for Alien Data Slate
So tech tree from Mod archive is not correct or there's something unclear

Offline ksaturn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: August 13, 2018, 12:15:24 am »
Enjoying the mod throughly, but this apparently easy fix was driving me nuts.

I was out with my team playing with the scout tank, and it got shot. Well darn, at least it wasn't one of my guys. And it let me know which direction the alien was in. It served it's purpose.

Comes to the end of the mission and I see the score screen. -50 points. My jaw hit the floor. I lost 2 rookies and the suits are more worried about the drone? How the hell did that happen?

The thing costs 50k which is worth taking a bullet to save a 40k rookie's life if they have potential. The POINT of the drones is to save lives. If I told my guys to execute a farmer I would get the same amount of political backlash. That... is just awful. It's not even justified by cost.

I stopped using the drones on that ground alone for a long time. Eventually I tried attack dogs and was worried about the same thing, but at -6 that seems perfectly sane. Losing a half-million dollar tank nets -20, same as a rookie, which is sensible. It hurts a lot financially, but is politically tolerable.

Eventually I figured out to set 'value: 10' for 'STR_SCOUT_DRONE' in my units_FMP.rul file, but it seems like it should come standard.

Also, is the light machine gun's autofire not affected by UFO EXTENDER accuracy drop off option? Is that a bug?

Offline ksaturn

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: August 13, 2018, 02:19:27 am »
Also, tangentially related, has anyone found a good use for incendiary grenades? I usually ignore them, but I consistently see them in grenade-related mods so I figured someone must have found a use for them.

I use Incendiary Grenades often. I usually have one team member in a hazmat suit, the designated pyromaniac with >20 bravery, 35+ strength and 80+ throwing accuracy. This is the only role in MY army you can get away with being a bad shot. He wields as a sidearm a flamethrower, machine pistol/pistol or nothing. As a primary he carries as many incendiary grenades as possible, and some smoke / normal grenades.

Whenever some alien is in an awkward-to-shoot place he lights up the area from afar with his already-primed arsenal while my other guys keep behind good cover. Sectoids and MiB cook pretty well. Nobody wants to stand near him, and he keeps to himself. FAR away from anyone else. If he ever dies once out of the ship, anything nearby is going up in flames.

It's a pretty specialized role, I probably wouldn't want more then one in a squad. I mean... a whole team of pyromaniacs would just be ridiculous... right? Hmm...

The incendiary grenades also act as a rich man's flare, and is definitely more combat versatile per pound then flares. The fires don't keep burning very long though, so it's not a complete replacement.

They reward a cautious, methodical playstyle, where you generally keep control of the situation and don't have 'Oh shit someone take this alien down NOW!' moments all the time. The reduced urgency means you can wait a round or two to see if the alien cares more about being in cover or on fire.

By the way, an alien dying by ongoing fire damage is not a kill for the person responsible for the fire. My poor pyro isn't getting his due in ranks, cred and XP and awards. Talk about being unappreciated. Is this fixable? Seems like a good candidate for a commendation too.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2928 on: August 13, 2018, 09:31:14 am »
Yep, the drone costing 50 points is a bug. I have already fixed it on my end a week ago and will release an update soon.

Offline hujciwdupej

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: August 21, 2018, 09:23:48 pm »
A great modification kept in the old ufo convention.
FMP will it be further supported ?
Im asking because i read somewhere that it will not be.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: August 21, 2018, 10:19:12 pm »
By the way, an alien dying by ongoing fire damage is not a kill for the person responsible for the fire. My poor pyro isn't getting his due in ranks, cred and XP and awards. Talk about being unappreciated. Is this fixable? Seems like a good candidate for a commendation too.
I hope it can get fixed, however it'll be difficult and might not happen. The game doesn't track what caused a fire. The best solution is to find some ways around it:

1.) Make sure the incendiary hits targets so you get hit credit.
2.) Use fire to soften them up and finish them off with more shots or a grenade.
3.) Perform some special training missions just to boost your flamer-operative's experience.

If you're really desperate to make a change, you can edit the experienceTrainingMode for the weapon and choose something more substantial.
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4230.0.html

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: August 22, 2018, 09:07:08 pm »
A great modification kept in the old ufo convention.
FMP will it be further supported ?
Im asking because i read somewhere that it will not be.

I will maintain if further, but major innovations are unlikely.

Offline SparroHawc

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: August 29, 2018, 01:32:01 am »
Is there a way to edit the tech tree?  At the point that you can research it, the mind probe is useless.  You're supposed to be able to use it to identify ranks of aliens, so you can capture them for research... but by the time you can research the mind probe, there's a good chance you're pretty much done researching absolutely everything else, unless you get lucky with a captured medic.  I'd like for the mind probe to be available to research once you've captured any live alien.  Or at least once you've interrogated any medic/engineer/leader.  I'm having to resort to stun-grenading entire swaths of aliens just to get the one or two aliens I need, at which point I'm wondering why I'm bothering to even bring regular firearms to the missions.

The color-coding helps, but it's not an ideal solution when I have mind probes that have been sitting in my inventory for practically the entire game...

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: August 29, 2018, 10:34:49 am »
Is there a way to edit the tech tree?

Find and open file called "research_FMP.rul".
Find this rule:

Code: [Select]
  - name: STR_MIND_PROBE
    cost: 600
    needItem: true
    dependencies:
      - STR_ALIEN_NEUROPSYCHOLOGY
      - STR_ALIEN_OPTICAL_PROCESSOR

Change as desired.

Offline Word on the Wind

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: August 31, 2018, 05:53:01 am »
I found an oversight of one brand or another.

- id: STR_TANK_LASER_CANNON
    type_id: 3
    section: STR_HEAVY_WEAPONS_PLATFORMS
    weapon: STR_LASER_CANNON
    requires:
      - STR_LASER_CANNON
- name: STR_TANK_LASER_CANNON
    cost: 70
    dependencies:
      - STR_LASER_CANNON
      - STR_MOTION_SCANNER
    listOrder: 510

I have Laser Tanks in my UFOpedia, but I can't build them. Apparently I still need to research them.

I poked around and the conclusion I came to is one of two things. Either the UFOpedia gives you the Tank entry ahead of schedule when you research Laser Cannons, -OR- you're supposed to get Laser Tanks when you research Laser Cannons and it has a research entry by mistake.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: August 31, 2018, 08:28:46 pm »
Hmmm, it's fine on my side. Probably a problem with an older version.

Offline Word on the Wind

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: August 31, 2018, 09:00:59 pm »
I don't know what to tell you, I downloaded it four days ago, same time as the Nightly I applied it to.

Is the Laser Tank supposed to be free with the Laser Cannon, or did the UFOpedia entry just pop up early for me? If it's not doing that on your end, I'd like to adjust my end appropriately.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: August 31, 2018, 10:55:17 pm »
I don't know what to tell you, I downloaded it four days ago, same time as the Nightly I applied it to.

Is the Laser Tank supposed to be free with the Laser Cannon, or did the UFOpedia entry just pop up early for me? If it's not doing that on your end, I'd like to adjust my end appropriately.

OK, maybe it was fixed in this (yet) unreleased version and I just can't remember. (Which is very likely.)

EDIT: Ah no, I was just blind. Fixing now.
The ufopaedia entry for STR_TANK_LASER_CANNON should require STR_TANK_LASER_CANNON, not STR_LASER_CANNON.)

EDIT: VERSION 2.2 UPLOADED!

- Changed weights on terrain types (mountainous terrain is picked less often).
- New terrain: cacti-less desert (for outside of the Americas).
- 2 new jungle map blocks.
- Hybrid convoys are now fixed missions (not UFOs).
- Repairing Stormtrooper armour no longer requires Alien Electronics.
- Fixed point value of the Scout Drone.
- Fixed Skymarshall map (by New Civilian).
- Minor fixes to maps.

Link in the opening post, enjoy!

Offline Word on the Wind

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: September 05, 2018, 04:03:21 am »
Hey there, got a repeating crash whenever I send a lander to a crash site. I think it might be the alien ship type not playing nice with the terrain. Save included just before the Skymarshal reaches the site. I tried to figure out more on my own but the only thing I can really say is that enabling Save Scum so that the game will reroll the area doesn't seem to work.

I was using Nightly version 1.0 git 2018-08-17 08:57 and Final Mod 2.2

Edit: Got another North African UFO crash site and it crashed again, this time actually giving me crash information.

[04-09-2018_20-16-39] [FATAL] A fatal error has occurred: Terrain DESERTMOUNT_NOCACTI not found
[04-09-2018_20-16-39] [FATAL] Unfortunately, no stack trace information is available
[04-09-2018_20-17-29] [FATAL] OpenXcom has crashed: Terrain DESERTMOUNT_NOCACTI not found
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 06:24:10 am by Word on the Wind »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: September 05, 2018, 04:32:50 am »
Looks like there is no possible terrain for texture 7 lon 46.3478 lat -16.6523.