Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 749935 times)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition
« Reply #1545 on: July 24, 2015, 06:00:22 pm »
Err.. To me if you don't mention a year, February is the 2nd month of the game. I doubt there's a way to get plasmas after playing only January (but who knows..).

I put my current game on hold in September or so (or the first year), after spending hours playing against mercs and getting a bit tired of it, so switching to commendations. I'm not sure I'll finish that playthrough now, since X-Piratez looks even better than Piratez!

Considering academician security has high stun resistance even against cattle prods from the back i think power suits stun tactics will involve countless of small bombs

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: July 24, 2015, 06:11:14 pm »
The most success I've had, stunning people, was using fistycuffs from gals with really high strength and melee accuracy.

Another trick:
Something is stunned if the amount of stun damage applied is higher than their remaining health. So you can actually hit them with a hammer in the back a few times to lower their health (but don't kill them! Yes, it's tricky :P But it's better to kill him than fail to stun him and then get yourself killed) and then hit them with stun damage. Now you don't have to apply ~50+ hp of stun through their armour, just 1 more damage than however few hit points the guy has left (still through armor, of course).

Once they're stunned, quickly run to them with a bottle of vodka and heal their fatal wounds so they don't die. Vodka is awesome for that since it removes fatal wounds without healing health. That means they stop bleeding but since you didn't heal them, they are sure not to wake up. If you give them rum, then you heal them 5 hp per fatal wound, which will often wake them up too.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: July 24, 2015, 06:16:48 pm »
atleast i take comfort in base defense as i have higher chances of the gal with 5 vodkas to be close to the stuned person

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1548 on: July 24, 2015, 06:34:58 pm »
Err.. To me if you don't mention a year, February is the 2nd month of the game. I doubt there's a way to get plasmas after playing only January (but who knows..).

It IS definitely possible but it's not quite like you probably imagine :) Yet impossible to have an unlock on vanilla Plasmas that soon.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: July 24, 2015, 06:41:56 pm »
lol well.. I'm glad I added that "but who knows.." ;P

Your mod's crazy! (in a good way!) and I'm tracking your progress in extended with very much interest for even more good craziness

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: July 25, 2015, 04:22:40 am »
I'm almost at the end of the second year of my current game of pirates but from looking at it in debug I'm missing a lot of research namely plasma weapons and several crucial ones. Am I just being impatient or is there something up with what I've researched so far. I know v0.9j is discontinued now in lieu of the extended version but I was hoping for a few pointers. Attached is a copy of all discovered items in that order from my latest save.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1551 on: July 25, 2015, 12:51:34 pm »
Man compiling this into brain-readable form is beyond my capacity :)

You miss plasmas & stuff you say. Make sure you have interrogated the following:
- Broken Academy Provost
- Broken Guildmaster
- Church Cardinal
- Star Gods of all 3 types
- And generally everyone from Academy, Traders and Church, at least once, including Broken if possible.
Also, make sure you have researched all vessel component and all vessel types (interrogate engineers, pilots, keep researching data discs).

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: July 25, 2015, 02:43:20 pm »
In order to make better weapons for my ship i need to interogate engineers and pilots dont i?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1553 on: July 25, 2015, 02:56:17 pm »
Pilots (and ship schematics in general) for better ships only. Ship weapons are more complex, if overall easier - you need to follow 4 directions:
1. Engineers, naturally, for prerequisites, but not neccesarily many of them (unless to get to know more ship types)
2. Push Personal weaponry forward (you need to get firearm tech to a pretty decent level before you can dream of craft energy weapons)
3. General/Industrial tech breakthroughs, stemming from 1) but also from researching ship components (starting with Nuclear Fuel)
4. You do need to research Academy and Raider booty to complete some basic preqs for the industrial part of the problem

In general, when you see the "Light Craft Weapons" popup, you're on the right track, and you'll probably be able to go all the way to missiles, which are awesome but also quite expensive.

In Extended there is an alternate craft weapon path based on looting enemy craft weapons.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:01:09 pm by Dioxine »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: July 25, 2015, 03:37:02 pm »
Thanks for the pointers, I know now what way to go in research.
Spoiler:
Turns out to unlock plasma weapons and the other topics it was a lack of the top ranks from traders, academy and the church. I suppose that's me being afraid to take on too many cruisers or bases. Currently doing a landed church cruiser so hopefully I'll get the cardinal alive.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: July 25, 2015, 10:59:29 pm »
for 5 months i havent  research spring clearing yet how screwed am i?

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: July 26, 2015, 10:02:37 am »
I used the advisor to examine the tank and it named was in coding language like XTANK_ROCKET_ and of the like

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
How to make finely distiled rum in xpiratez?
« Reply #1557 on: August 05, 2015, 03:45:54 pm »
I have reached nine months without laser weapon being able for manufacturing.I researched spring cleaning last month and the cyclops are really geting in my way.I lost one country and im lost in the research tree.I dont think i will have enough money for to keep my base afloat for too long.

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
Re: How to make finely distiled rum in xpiratez?
« Reply #1558 on: August 05, 2015, 11:13:49 pm »
I have reached nine months without laser weapon being able for manufacturing.I researched spring cleaning last month and the cyclops are really geting in my way.I lost one country and im lost in the research tree.I dont think i will have enough money for to keep my base afloat for too long.

Cyclops are very slow; that is, they have very little TUs. They also seem to have low intelligence so smoke-dancing works great. Don't try to trade blow for blow; they will annihilate you. If you are trying to capture one, be ready to have your ENTIRE team have stunning capabilities "just in case". Otherwise, hit 'em, but if they don't go down, back up, drop smokes, throw nades if you have any TUs left.

Secondly, you don't need to manufacture weapons to be able to use them; in fact, you can use regular weapons for a good length of time without ever really needing the "advanced" weaponry but looking into better ammo types is a good research focus.

If you aren't making enough money: A - start selling off salvage you don't use, B - set up some Still bases to manufacture X-Grog/Finely Distilled Rum and auto-sell, C - slow down on your base expansion/manufacturing/etc as you are probably outgrowing your finances too quickly.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: August 06, 2015, 12:02:19 am »
So I'm nine months and I found a mercenary base so do I capture some of then to get the research for rume or should make a second base and ignore rum?I found the improved interceptor but i lacked one item and  had sold my hunter:( so i have no interception now

« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:06:22 am by doctor medic »