aliens

Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750382 times)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
The Antarctica crashes Hobbes experienced were because the game was expecting to find city zones there and there were none, afaik - the parts of code which were causing it never were even included in Piratez.

That happened some time ago when I integrated MKSheppard's Improved Nations mod on the Terrain Pack. He had defined cities for the Arctic/Antarctic, and IIRC I didn't remove all the ruleset elements of those cities, which provoked crashes since the game could find targets when the monthly terror mission was assigned to those regions. But this has been fixed long ago by removing everything related to those cities (except the name strings, since it is in my plans to add those polar outposts).

Hobbes had indeed disabled Commercial and Railyard, but the chances of a crash are pretty slim, I've been doing Pogroms on these terrains lately with no trouble. Do as you will.

I never had any issues with those terrains after the fix that Solaris made for some Railyard maps that were bugged. But there were so many crashes reported recently in them that I decided to disable them until I can rework everything. Feel free to activate them on Piratez_Planet but I won't fix any bugs at this stage.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 03:30:28 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.b - Use 31st March Nightly!
« Reply #946 on: April 05, 2015, 06:14:04 pm »
hey i'm loving the mod but i sometimes get an issue where i go to land on a crash site or none-damaged ships the game will automatically crash with no reason why, help?

Found and fixed, at least for the Desert terrain. Will be included in the next version that updates to 3.5 Terrain Pack. If you'll be still getting issues after that, please be more specific (include a pre-landing screenshot or a save).

Offline clownagent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.b - 4 Apr
« Reply #947 on: April 06, 2015, 12:19:15 am »
The Tamed Boomosaurus Ufopedia text seems to be missing

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Fixed that, and the desert crash in the new upload 0.9.c (Updated to Hobbes' Terrain Pack 3.5). No more landing crashes are expected...

Main feature of this update are multiple options for enemy ships making runs at your bases, thus making defensive buildings a viable option. Defensive buildings' updates are completed with a new building appearing (Flak Cannon). Let me know if these new Crackdowns work at all, and if they do, how does it look.

In addition, some rebalances, minor fixes and breaking up of weapons and ammo manufacture into several categories (basic ammo just tends to clutter the list after a while).

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
You still have this text on the first post, btw. ;)

Requires 31 Mar 2015 Nightly
DO NOT USE 3rd and 4th APRIL NIGHTLIES

And now I can skip installing terrain pack after pirateZ?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
This doesn't mean 5th April+ Nightlies aren't OK :) Terrain is updated to ver. 3.5, when Hobbes releases a newer one, you can overwrite. But for now it's unnecessary.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
This doesn't mean 5th April+ Nightlies aren't OK :) Terrain is updated to ver. 3.5, when Hobbes releases a newer one, you can overwrite. But for now it's unnecessary.

Ah! Awesome! Makes Sense!

Cheers, Ivan :D

(did I say this already?  that Hideout Terrain is AMAZING!  I can't wait to play that mission! )

x60mmx

I've been playing Piratez for a few days now and really enjoying it.  One strange problem I ran into was when I sent an attack dog to maul an enemy standing on one of her comrade's bodies.  The dog couldn't attack her, just said there was no enemy there.  I tried multiple tiles around her until she reaction fired on my dog :-/ Luckily it was a small launcher!

Spoiler:

Also, I can't launch my craft unless it is refueled, repaired and re-armed even though ive made sure the optio  to force craft launch is on.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 12:15:44 pm by x60mmx »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Obliterator Cannon Shells are displayed as STR_BIGGER_GUN_SHELLS.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
@ x60mmx which nightly and mod version are you using?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
I've been playing Piratez for a few days now and really enjoying it.  One strange problem I ran into was when I sent an attack dog to maul an enemy standing on one of her comrade's bodies.  The dog couldn't attack her, just said there was no enemy there.  I tried multiple tiles around her until she reaction fired on my dog :-/ Luckily it was a small launcher!

Also, I can't launch my craft unless it is refueled, repaired and re-armed even though ive made sure the optio  to force craft launch is on.

For the first question, I have no answer. Maybe it is caused by how melee is handled now or something. If you managed to reproduce that situation in vanilla, or at least using Warboy's Combat Knife mod ONLY, you could put it on the Bugtracker. Try using various Nightlies.

As for the second question, not sure either - it works and always has worked, but I haven't upgraded past March 31 Nightly yet. Again, try it on vanilla, if keeps happening, report on the Bugtracker. If not, send me a save, maybe there is something odd about that particular craft, caused by my mod (even though I doubt it). It must be a nightmare playing this mod without the ability to force-launch... You don't have the luxury of having a horde of expendable interceptors :)

Obliterator Cannon Shells are displayed as STR_BIGGER_GUN_SHELLS.

Indeed. How this has slipped my attention? Fixed.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 03:54:25 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
@ Dioxine. I have a request.

I like the way how the captured soldiers can become slaves. I don't like the fact I cannot move slaves from base to base. So the soldiers must be moved as prisoners and be stripped down locally.

My request is for the non-slaving units (bromosaurs, celatids, etc). If captured alive can we make a way just to slaughter them, as cattle, using runts as butchers? :)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
@ Dioxine. I have a request.

I like the way how the captured soldiers can become slaves. I don't like the fact I cannot move slaves from base to base. So the soldiers must be moved as prisoners and be stripped down locally.

My request is for the non-slaving units (bromosaurs, celatids, etc). If captured alive can we make a way just to slaughter them, as cattle, using runts as butchers? :)

Actually the inability to transfer is caused by engine not being designed to handle negative-size items, but it doesn't crash, and I actually very much like it the way it is - slaves are just cheaty enough.

I've been pondering about adding this "butchery module", so, since there is a direct request, I will grant it, but this ain't that easy. In a way, this will be major improvement: every "animal" enemy will have the option to be butchered, granting hides, meat, rocket launchers (Boomosaurus), whatever. On the other hand, their corpses will have to be butchered as well, which will add to micromanaging. As a plus, storing hides will take much less space (and make more sense) than storing full corpses.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
So.. um... I was playing  a mission.. ;)  and I got some drops that were undefined in the Lang file as close as I can say. ;)

Spoiler:
STR_VESSEL_BOARDING_TORPEDO_BLU
STR_VESSEL_ASSAULT_TRANSPORT_BL

Might want to add those.  ;D

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Damn it to hell. Omitted those indeed, new stuff, you know... At least they will work gameplay-wise, checked that. Looks like I need to upload another patch soon not to embarass myself.

Proper names for those:
Spoiler:
Boarding Torpedo Documentation
Assault Transport Documentation

I presume you've succeeded, since we're talking loot? :)