Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750108 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
As for numbers which depends on game difficulty, can I do something about to make them bigger for existing saves?

Your save has something like this inside:

Code: [Select]
difficulty: 4

0 = beginner, 4 = superhuman.

Just increase this number and load from this save.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Just got a CTD from the Geoscape when approaching the end of the first month.  I'm not sure is this was the same bug that was occurring earlier with the terror missions in Antarctica or not.

latest nightly, piratez mod, terrainpack (MAPS, ROUTES, TERRAINS) is what I'm using.

I posted in the terrain pack thread, and attached a save there.

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2358.msg42398.html#msg42398

Also:  Hobbes disabled Commercial and Rail in his latest.  Should I do the same in the PirateZ ruleset?

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Just got a CTD from the Geoscape when approaching the end of the first month.  I'm not sure is this was the same bug that was occurring earlier with the terror missions in Antarctica or not.

latest nightly, piratez mod, terrainpack (MAPS, ROUTES, TERRAINS) is what I'm using.

I posted in the terrain pack thread, and attached a save there.

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2358.msg42398.html#msg42398

Also:  Hobbes disabled Commercial and Rail in his latest.  Should I do the same in the PirateZ ruleset?

You got hit with a retaliation/crackdown mission. I detected a Very Large going to your base at full speed.
Murphy`s Law strikes again. Its sad and hilarious at the same time.
I have no idea whats causing the crash though.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
I think you've just experienced "Warboy's Elusive Base Defence Crash". Try reloading (with Save Scumming on), it shouldn't happen again. The base works, people have been going through Defense missions. The Antarctica crashes Hobbes experienced were because the game was expecting to find city zones there and there were none, afaik - the parts of code which were causing it never were even included in Piratez.

I'll check the save in a minute.

Hobbes had indeed disabled Commercial and Railyard, but the chances of a crash are pretty slim, I've been doing Pogroms on these terrains lately with no trouble. Do as you will.

EDIT: try falling back on Piratez 0.9a. I can't seem to be able to launch any Defense, even in QB
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 07:51:55 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Savescumming does not help, rolling back to previous nightly and/or Piratez version does not help either.
Its neither items nor facilities (tried selling everything, and swapping a base layout with my own), so its either aliens and their equipment or OpenXcom itself.
Tried changing attackers race - no luck.
Actually even unloading Piratez ruleset and changing alienmission race to Sectoids (so everything is totally vanilla) gets a crash everytime.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
How about Quick Battle? After deleting the battle.cfg, the game crashes every time I try fire it.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 08:03:56 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
How about Quick Battle? After deleting the battle.cfg, the game crashes every time I try fire it.

So do I, even in vanilla.
Will try a completely fresh install just to make sure.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
No need to reinstall, Ridan. It's Nightly. Ceased and deceased.
Base defense ALWAYS crashes if you have any nightly newer than 31 March. Reversed to that Nightly, loaded your save, no crash, battle starts normally. Oh boy it's gonna be hard for you, even if I tried spoil your LP for myself as little as possible :)

EDIT: oh and Ivan, there is no point enabling AliensPickUpWeapons.rul. It causes no conflict with Piratez, but it does nothing either, as all relevant weapon names are changed in Piratez. However, my mod has this functionality built-in - be careful, the enemies might even pick up your own weapons! :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 08:11:50 pm by Dioxine »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.b - Use 31st March Nightly!
« Reply #938 on: April 04, 2015, 08:22:37 pm »
Thanks a ton guys for Trouble shooting for me.

I'll roll the nightly back. :)

Honest opinions: Can I survive a base assault now?  Keep in mind, I did a sectoid base defense with 10 or 12 soldiers in no armor with pistols, stun rods, proxie grenades, and HE packs in my Up Close campaign.    Because the other option is to take dump that mission with a save hack.  (it would kind of be a shame to end the LP on only 8-10 episodes.)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #939 on: April 04, 2015, 08:32:33 pm »
IMO you can survive, although not easily. You will get about 2-5 power armored guys, including Traders' Guild big honcho, and those can be only taken down by strong melee fighters (like Str 40+ with an Ax, at the very least cutlass or billhook, do not even bother with rapiers or bats or knives), or multiple application of HE-packs (dynamite or grenades simply won't work). Personal-armored guys will also be a problem, but Proxies will work on these. And... everyone is packing plasma, naturally.

On the bright side, this particular setup has a lot of average-morale, unarmored rabble. If you kill enemies fast, especially the leaders (second-in-charge are these women in business clothing), widespread panic will commence. With luck someone might even fire a Blaster Launcher in berserk :) You base is well-defensible, use that, use teamwork, hide in the rooms and attack lone enemies. Also first-turn delivery of a HE-pack to the elevator works wonders, if you can pull that off.

Do not try to stun-rod heavily armored enemies. The Trader big boss is a huge prize, but stunning him with Rods is almost impossible (takes like 10+ hits on average). However, if you manage to down him and he luckily survives, get that Vodka ready (and snatch all his weapons fast!).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 08:39:23 pm by Dioxine »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #940 on: April 04, 2015, 08:39:21 pm »
Thanks for the tips, and the honest evaluation! 

Also:  Would anyone be interested in a powershell script that copies all of the files from the nightlies and mods where they are supposed to go?

Offline bloodman123726

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: April 05, 2015, 12:02:20 am »
hey i'm loving the mod but i sometimes get an issue where i go to land on a crash site or none-damaged ships the game will automatically crash with no reason why, help?

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 05, 2015, 12:49:12 am »
Advancing the game, using 0.9b. The Guild attacked one of my small bases. My Battletanks spawned at the hangar. The poor bastards.  ;D

Reporting this: I believe I got this after upgrading to 0.9b.
After a mission, I got this item: STR_VESSEL_FIGHTER_BLUEPRINT. Is it a leftover?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #943 on: April 05, 2015, 03:44:56 am »
Good news.  Warboy fixed the base defense crash issue. 

This nightly is working. :)
openxcom_git_master_2015_04_05_0040.zip - built 2015-04-04 22:45

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #944 on: April 05, 2015, 01:41:22 pm »
Advancing the game, using 0.9b. The Guild attacked one of my small bases. My Battletanks spawned at the hangar. The poor bastards.  ;D

Reporting this: I believe I got this after upgrading to 0.9b.
After a mission, I got this item: STR_VESSEL_FIGHTER_BLUEPRINT. Is it a leftover?

No, it's Dioxine forgetting to name the strings. It's valid Fighter Blueprints, which were missing until now. :)

hey i'm loving the mod but i sometimes get an issue where i go to land on a crash site or none-damaged ships the game will automatically crash with no reason why, help?

Check if you have followed the install instrucions & have the 31st March Nightly, mate. This behaviour shouldn't happen.

EDIT: something might be wrong with Desert terrain.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 05:41:10 pm by Dioxine »