aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 542220 times)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #720 on: May 01, 2015, 01:08:56 pm »
As far as I know, changes in the nightly have probably made the current Diaries nightly version not work.  I haven't tested this.

@Shoes, I do have a pending pull request from a few months back that updated some more of the Ufopedia stuff.

Yeah I know :3 someone else made a PR, I'll be sure to merge those when I update the nightly.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 25, 2015, 10:22:12 pm »
The top post has now been updated with a fresh link :) Quick testing showed it worked for me, hopefully it does for you guys too. Folder structure has been moved around, so let me know if things extract to the wrong place! A big thanks goes to Fudgedragon for updating to the May 22nd nightly :)

Minor tweaks have been done too.

In the following link is where I jot down some notes to guide me whenever the urge strikes me to tinker with this mod. At the moment, I have a few commendations that I would like to add, a new type of commendation to add, and a few house keeping things. It's public, so feel free to post things there or here. Link : https://gist.github.com/Shoes01/3af40f402d287ae9c229

Offline NuclearStudent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 26, 2015, 06:21:52 am »
YES

THIS MOD IS NOW COMPATIBLE WITH UPDATED FMP

HELL YES

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 26, 2015, 10:14:02 am »
Hey Shoes,

You weren't kidding about doing something strange with the git, the branch I had checked out evaporated overnight. Also I am somewhat headscratching at your SupSuper/master merge into your own master. While that technically works all you really need to do when one is a less up to date version of the other is to checkout localy, then push to your own master. It's uh, somewhat cleaner if things ever get merged back the other way.

I also wanted to ask about your recent 'Added Spite' commit. It's not only in the wrong place for the new mod system (bin\data\Resources\Commendations instead of bin\standard\Resources\Commendations) but a duplicate of an already existing medal. Was this just confusion over the new system or did you have something else in mind?

It would probably be a good idea to merge master in again at some point in the near future. There's nothing gamebreaking in the nightly I picked, but it will give you the text and anim for winning when you lose if I am reading Warboy's recent commits correctly. Now that you are fairly up to date the merge should be painless.

If you'd like I can do another pull request against alpha_release to do another merge for you, but I wanted to find out what was going on with the sprite first.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 26, 2015, 03:18:55 pm »
YES

THIS MOD IS NOW COMPATIBLE WITH UPDATED FMP

HELL YES

Yay :3

FudgeDragon, the spaghetti branch stuff is because I had done a bit of work on my mod weeks ago, and didn't want to lose the progress. So.. I pulled your PR into its own branch, cherry-picked my changes into it, and then --force pushed the new branch into alpha_release. One of the cherry picked changes was the "added sprited", explaining why it is entirely out of place!

I am not an avid git user, so I will take your advice about cleaner merges!

I would also appreciate if you did do another PR. I have been a bit of a ghost around here for a while, and a few things have changed since I've last paid attention.

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 26, 2015, 03:48:31 pm »
Heh, no problem. I prepared a branch this morning, so pull request is up now. I figured the sprite was something like that, but without realizing that you had accidentally cherry picked an existing commit I was looking for minute differences between the files.

I take it you are running git command line? In which case you probably know more about its inner workings than I do. I've been running it through git extensions for windows which is probably a bit lazy, but it just makes everything so easy! I have like 3 'master's sat on the same commit. There's my local master, my remote master and supSuper/master, so it was somewhat puzzling when Shoes01/master appeared on its own ahead of the current master commit.

Oh well, we learn new things every day. I've actually got a merge of this mod and OpenXcom Extended in a local branch in preparation for Piratez Extended, and OpenXcom Extended doesn't even compile in visual studio out of the box. That was a headscratcher! I spent the entire weekend programming OpenXcom when I intended to be playing it.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 26, 2015, 04:02:39 pm »
If you manage to get working versions of this mod and other mods like Piratez or Extended, I can compile them and throw up some download links for others. I tried writing this to work well with mods, so I guess it will be a true test if it also works with other modded exes.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #727 on: May 26, 2015, 04:33:55 pm »
If you manage to get working versions of this mod and other mods like Piratez or Extended, I can compile them and throw up some download links for others. I tried writing this to work well with mods, so I guess it will be a true test if it also works with other modded exes.

Yeah, that would be super neat. Not just for Piratez (I'm not sure it suits them), but certainly for the FMP and other big mods.

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 26, 2015, 05:03:31 pm »
We can't currently work with Piratez currently, It's not an exe mod, but I think we completely skipped the nightly it runs on, we'd need to cherry pick changes onto an old(er) nightly, so as far as I can tell it might be better to wait until Piratez Extended is ready at which point my understanding is it should just run on a merge with extended. Of course at that point someone might want to put together a more piratey ruleset, as conventional ribbons/medals don't make as much sense, not that just having the stats tracking isn't nice.

Extended on the other hand is quite feasible, other than a few tweaks (->ResistType) to your code needed because damage type has been moved into the ruleset. It's largely untested, but I am fairly confident in the merge. It uses a slightly tweaked version of extended to get it to compile on Visual Studio, but it should be equivalent. I pushed it to my github as a branch called SoldierDiariesExtended. You should be a able to pull it/check it out from git@github.com:fudgedragon/OpenXcom.git

EDIT: By my understanding, now that we are updated to the lastest nightly, we should already be compatible with most other (non exe) mods. The only potentially conflicting changes are the ufopedia entries for the medals, and the name changes around that.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 05:16:42 pm by FudgeDragon »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #729 on: May 26, 2015, 05:35:57 pm »
EDIT: By my understanding, now that we are updated to the lastest nightly, we should already be compatible with most other (non exe) mods. The only potentially conflicting changes are the ufopedia entries for the medals, and the name changes around that.

Hey FudgeDragon. :)
Is that because their path has changed for the new mod folder structure?

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 26, 2015, 05:39:10 pm »
Woot! This is so awesome!

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 26, 2015, 06:00:34 pm »
Hey FudgeDragon. :)
Is that because their path has changed for the new mod folder structure?

Nope. Simply that other mods may place HWPs in that category, which we've renamed for commendations. Everything'll still work. It'll just look a little odd.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #732 on: May 26, 2015, 06:06:27 pm »
Right.  That makes sense.  Thanks!

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 27, 2015, 01:10:27 am »
Been playing around with building a version on an earlier nightly this evening.

Looking promising so far. No issues other than the Pirate that keeps shotgunning her friend.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:12:05 am by FudgeDragon »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #734 on: May 27, 2015, 01:20:02 am »
dude....  me wants  :-*

(Edit) Probably need some significant UFOPedia surgery, and probably better with Commendations off for now.
--- at least the UFOpedia entries for the commendations off, might help.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:22:30 am by ivandogovich »