Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536672 times)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #705 on: April 12, 2015, 05:48:44 am »
Well that's no good ;p Next time I find some time, I'll give another crack at finding what the problem is.

Offline Cypruss

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 13, 2015, 09:32:31 pm »
That would be great. I'd be happy to test for you if you need anything tested. Thanks Shoes.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 13, 2015, 09:38:12 pm »
That would be great. I'd be happy to test for you if you need anything tested. Thanks Shoes.

If I can't reproduce it, I might ask of you to ... download the dev tools, the source code, the game assets, the mod, put it all together and reproduce it in debug mode ...

I might ask.

Offline ThePiedPiper

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 23, 2015, 10:06:04 pm »
This may sound stupid When I use the mod all of the text related to the mod is displayed incorrectly  e.g. Diary is actually  STR_DIARY
Thaks for the help guys :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #709 on: April 23, 2015, 10:08:43 pm »
This may sound stupid When I use the mod all of the text related to the mod is displayed incorrectly  e.g. Diary is actually  STR_DIARY
Thaks for the help guys :)

You're probably using a language that isn't supported by the mod. I can't remember right now which English variant is used, so please try them all (EN-US, EN-GB etc.) and check which one works.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #710 on: April 23, 2015, 10:41:08 pm »
En-US is the current working language for the mod.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 30, 2015, 01:03:20 pm »
I checked the first three-four pages of the mod and I must have missed it so heres a question for when you have time:

Is this compatible with other mods? Especially I am looking at the final mod pack. I would hazard a guess as to no since its an exe modification but I thought Id ask first.

Seems like a great work.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #712 on: April 30, 2015, 01:28:13 pm »
It is compatible with any mod, as long as the mod is not using Nightly functions not supported by Soldier Diaries. Which is sadly true for FMP.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 30, 2015, 01:50:18 pm »
At this point I think it's OK to ask:

Is the Commendations mod dead?

I mean, there has been no new releases for months, no declarations of having done any work on it, no nothing. Shoes, if you're done with it that's understandable, but could you please make some sort of statement regarding the mod? This would clear things up, and I'm sure there are some people here who might be willing and able to pick it up.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 30, 2015, 04:06:06 pm »
At this point I think it's OK to ask:

Is the Commendations mod dead?

I mean, there has been no new releases for months, no declarations of having done any work on it, no nothing. Shoes, if you're done with it that's understandable, but could you please make some sort of statement regarding the mod? This would clear things up, and I'm sure there are some people here who might be willing and able to pick it up.

I am surprised I have been away from the mod for so long myself, to be honest :x I still hope to get this mod merged into the base game, but at this point there is nothing new to add to the mod. I think I've added pretty much everything I want.. and that's the fun part. Keeping the nightly up to date or fixing hard to reproduce bugs does little to excite me ;p However making the mod playable is something I want to do.

Maybe this weekend I will sit down and update the nightly. Perhaps dropping support for the Legacy version of the mod will also make working on this more pleasant too.

I checked the first three-four pages of the mod and I must have missed it so heres a question for when you have time:

Is this compatible with other mods? Especially I am looking at the final mod pack. I would hazard a guess as to no since its an exe modification but I thought Id ask first.

Seems like a great work.

Thanks! The mod should work with any ruleset mod, but not .exe mods. You would have to compile a merged version of both mods. It's possible to do, but it would be a little bit of a headache if both mods touch the same code. Also like Dioxine said: you can use it in the nightly if there haven't been big changes. It will effectively revert your game back to the nightly that this mod was updated to. For example, if map work has been changed since the last Diary update, it probably won't work.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:07:40 pm by Shoes »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 30, 2015, 04:33:20 pm »
Wow, this is encouraging. But AFAIK there are still bugs to fix, right? (I haven't really tested it, but that's the general feeling I got from this thread.)

Anyway I'd love to play this great mod. Hey, how about first integrating it in the OpenXCom Extended first (provided Yankes says it's fine)?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 30, 2015, 08:06:03 pm »
Wow, this is encouraging. But AFAIK there are still bugs to fix, right? (I haven't really tested it, but that's the general feeling I got from this thread.)

Anyway I'd love to play this great mod. Hey, how about first integrating it in the OpenXCom Extended first (provided Yankes says it's fine)?
I prefer not, I try keep my mod as stand alone exe. This mean that I don't add any new resources like rulsets, language or graphic, but Solder Diaries require them to work properly. Shoes can of cores merge my branch into his, but did he will want all changes to vanilla behavior I made in my mod?
Maintaining two version (baisc and extended) will be equal painful to maintaining 1.0 and Nightly.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 30, 2015, 08:47:38 pm »
I prefer not, I try keep my mod as stand alone exe. This mean that I don't add any new resources like rulsets, language or graphic, but Solder Diaries require them to work properly. Shoes can of cores merge my branch into his, but did he will want all changes to vanilla behavior I made in my mod?
Maintaining two version (baisc and extended) will be equal painful to maintaining 1.0 and Nightly.

Hmm, yeah, this is true. Well then, I can only hope for adding the mod to the vanilla. :)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 01, 2015, 12:00:31 am »

Yeah, but I think it's with Legacy. Stuff about saved games not loading. I spent a bit of time with looking into it, even Warboy couldn't help me ;p

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #719 on: May 01, 2015, 01:10:10 am »
As far as I know, changes in the nightly have probably made the current Diaries nightly version not work.  I haven't tested this.

@Shoes, I do have a pending pull request from a few months back that updated some more of the Ufopedia stuff.