Author Topic: [CONVERSION] Higher resolution  (Read 77763 times)

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
Re: [CONVERSION] Higher resolution
« Reply #105 on: October 03, 2014, 08:54:49 am »
Arthanor here this is to satisfy your need for numbers :)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 03, 2014, 09:27:23 am »
Not bad! So much information..! :D

I especially like seeing the inventory and transfers at the same time (plus used and total space). That's "All you have and will have in the near future, plus how much more you could have" at a glance. Very nice.

What's your plan for the right side? I'm thinking buy or sell (or both and you switch between them with a button?). But that's more numbers..!

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2014, 09:39:34 am »
This is the right side,

The left side will be the base view, here i have made a little mock up of what i mean, all the sizes are not final, i will make better use of the space. The right side is the one that will change based on your button selection

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Higher resolution
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2014, 12:10:45 pm »
You and me both my friend, you and me both. What is your skill set maybe you are "an artist savant" and never knew about it.
I am especially good at balancing figures, making a large number of factors work together, performing lots of arithmetic operations to solve technical and placement problems, visualizing code and math in 3D, and making adjustments to things other people started. I can spot potential errors or exploits and design smoother and less faulty variations on the system.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2014, 11:10:52 pm »
Glad to inform that soldier diary is now an integral part of OpenXcomHR  or however we will call this conversion :)

All the work was done by Shoes, little by little we are moving forward.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Higher resolution
« Reply #110 on: October 06, 2014, 04:34:11 am »
I am especially good at balancing figures, making a large number of factors work together, performing lots of arithmetic operations to solve technical and placement problems, visualizing code and math in 3D, and making adjustments to things other people started. I can spot potential errors or exploits and design smoother and less faulty variations on the system.
Well in that case maybe there is something you can help this mod with :), if you have seen I am changing the research tree a little, adding a few weapons from other mods so rebalancing the game is a huge issue that I have not even dare to look into :) at this exact point in time I have not added that code to the mod since I had start from scratch, but if you will like to help us a little that will be greatly welcomed.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 06, 2014, 11:26:29 am »
I saw your message on IRC, turns out I forgot to add my files before committing to the branch!

https://github.com/Shoes01/OpenXcom/tree/xcomms

That should now properly have your mod and my mod merged.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2014, 06:52:51 pm »
well that was a long weekend :P
I saw your message on IRC, turns out I forgot to add my files before committing to the branch!

https://github.com/Shoes01/OpenXcom/tree/xcomms

That should now properly have your mod and my mod merged.
Yes i got that, and now everything is working in my branch like i mentioned in IRC, i had to go back to OXCHD-WIP because somehow i managed to not link my other branch properly.
This weekend i will do a PR to my master and get all that together.

Currently merging some more states, but this is slow and tedious work :) and to try and get all the states working together to prevent too much redundant code. After i finish i will do a code clean up to removed so much commented-out code.

We are moving forward!!!!

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2014, 05:22:40 am »
A little update

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2014, 05:25:50 am »
A little update
Nice work on bringing in the commendations. :)
Cheers! Ivan :D

Offline MKSheppard

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2014, 03:43:51 pm »
Will you make it so that the new "high res" stuff has bigger fonts to go with the increased screen area?

I realize some people have bad experiences from XCOM 2012's UI design, which was designed around being visible on a television at 10 feet in 720p (huge fonts), but the inverse is also equally bad -- microscopic font in high resolution.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2014, 03:54:24 pm »
Will you make it so that the new "high res" stuff has bigger fonts to go with the increased screen area?

I realize some people have bad experiences from XCOM 2012's UI design, which was designed around being visible on a television at 10 feet in 720p (huge fonts), but the inverse is also equally bad -- microscopic font in high resolution.

Hello MKSheppard

Yes, the font size will be increased x1.4 which i think that will enough to allow all text to be legible bot not overwhelm the scree. I did a test a while back but i didn't implement in this current version.

Thanks for reminding me :)

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 14, 2014, 08:55:48 am »
And now we are aligned with basecode!!!!

I only took me a few days and several nights, and thanks to a few programmers, the code is now up to date!!!!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2014, 11:16:34 am »
Do you think this entire modification could work as an option?

What I have in mind is merging it either with OpenXCom or OpenXCom Extended, but with the possibility of disabling it (as not everyone will want to play in hi-res, I think).

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2014, 05:15:45 pm »
Do you think this entire modification could work as an option?

What I have in mind is merging it either with OpenXCom or OpenXCom Extended, but with the possibility of disabling it (as not everyone will want to play in hi-res, I think).
Technically, it can be done, however due to the significant amount of code change it will be complicated to make it work, or maybe just a lot of ifs, but that would be beyond my current scope, maybe in the future and savvy programmer can make it work, right now my goal is to make this convertion 100% when and if that happens then you or I could pitch the idea to the core team.

As you may know they are willing to accept some changes, prime example is the soldier diary mod which will pretty soon be part of the main code, although I can claim "I got it first" :P