aliens

Author Topic: [SOURCEMOD] Brutal-OXCE 7.12.1  (Read 74681 times)

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [SOURCEMOD] Brutal-OXCE 7.12.0
« Reply #540 on: December 09, 2023, 08:28:46 pm »
Got it.
I am not using any fancy mods on top of BAI but will check anyway. What should I look for? The "retaliation" word in rules?
The amount of ships spawned searching for your base per retaliation-mission is in alienMission.rul usually. It also has a timer between each of the spawns. Such a mission can take quite a bunch of time. Basically they will try to find you over and over until all of the UFOs that can be spawned have tried or they succeeded. During a retaliation-mission there can't be another one overlapping with the same. And if they all fail to find you, you have to trigger it again.

I thought that the chance is in difficulty.rul but doesn't look like it. It may actually be hard-coded. I'm also not the most proficient when it comes to rulset modding. I've only done one very tiny mod like this. Might have to look at the documentation for further cues in that regard.

Offline Alpha Centauri Bear

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 09, 2023, 08:33:25 pm »
Great. 50% is what I need.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 09, 2023, 08:45:04 pm »
Xilmi and other authors.
Do you accept other contributors? I like your mod in particular and prefer to use it as a base for further improvements either for myself or for others if they like to.

I do not plan to be persistent but sometimes I see things those could be probably improved or made interesting.
Like base info counts number of detection systems but in fact they don't stack. I.e. misleading information. Could be more interesting if they stack. And others like that.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 09, 2023, 10:12:00 pm »
I thought that the chance is in difficulty.rul but doesn't look like it.
I think 'retaliationTriggerOdds' and 'retaliationBaseRegionOdds' are what you're looking for?

Like base info counts number of detection systems but in fact they don't stack. I.e. misleading information. Could be more interesting if they stack.
They didn't stack in the original. All radars stack in OXC. The short/long distinction is just visual.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 09, 2023, 10:24:05 pm »
They didn't stack in the original. All radars stack in OXC. The short/long distinction is just visual.

What do you mean "visual". Aren't they different range and probability?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 09, 2023, 10:39:04 pm »
You could have different radars with the same range and probability, if you wanted.

By visual, I mean that there's a threshold under which radars are classified as 'short' for purposes of base information display. Even if there's more than one type of radar facility that falls under that classification. All others are 'long'.

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 09, 2023, 11:15:03 pm »
Xilmi and other authors.
Do you accept other contributors?
Yes, if someone wants to contribute features that are not already present in OXCE and they are either optional or a flat-out-improvement, I'm willing to accept them. But with your example I'm now skeptical due to what Juku121 said to that.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 10, 2023, 12:11:56 am »
Oh. This was just an example.

I would like to implement damage modifiers UI somehow if it is not yet there.

Offline jnarical

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 10, 2023, 05:46:44 pm »
The second thing I'd suggest a slight change in the wording for clarification in the advanced configuration menu for the following:
"Realistic accuracy shot dispersion"
"0 Realistic"
"1 Normal"

My understanding is that "realistic" is when this feature is enabled and it's confusing as 0 usually denotes off and 1 denotes on... or am I mixed up with what it's saying.  I think "normal" is a little confusing also as opposed to "vanilla" to indicate original game calculations.  Sorry if this was already discuss or if I'm not understanding this setting options.

I was changing wording numerous times... And it turnes out that it's current state still isn't good enough.
Ok, first of all, this option works only with RA enabled. I can't use the word "vanilla because either option is far from it. So, "normal" is closer to vanilla, and realistic is really tight. Former one is selected by default, because most players are more accustomed to it. My line of thought was - "Let people find it. Those who are curious enough - will try it. Those who'll like it - will leave it enabled". Speaking of myself, I use "realistic" option and I like it more.

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
  • Y'all are awesome! Thankful for this community.
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #549 on: December 11, 2023, 06:29:38 am »
I was changing wording numerous times... And it turnes out that it's current state still isn't good enough.
Ok, first of all, this option works only with RA enabled. I can't use the word "vanilla because either option is far from it. So, "normal" is closer to vanilla, and realistic is really tight. Former one is selected by default, because most players are more accustomed to it. My line of thought was - "Let people find it. Those who are curious enough - will try it. Those who'll like it - will leave it enabled". Speaking of myself, I use "realistic" option and I like it more.

Ah, thank you for the clarification, I didn't realize there was a dependency from one option to another.

So you have to enable "Realistic accuracy and cover system"
and then the others can be toggled or enabled like "Realistic accuracy shot dispersion"

Offline jnarical

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [SOURCEMOD] Brutal-OXCE 7.12.1
« Reply #550 on: December 11, 2023, 09:16:00 am »
Ah, thank you for the clarification, I didn't realize there was a dependency from one option to another.

So you have to enable "Realistic accuracy and cover system"
and then the others can be toggled or enabled like "Realistic accuracy shot dispersion"
Yes, there’s a bunch of options for RA and you can change them all but they’ll work only after RA itself enabled

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 11, 2023, 01:31:21 pm »
Hi Xilmi,  there's one more save with Cult HQ (main base, ~90-100 enemies)
Layout is quite good, but one thing embarrasses: gillmen used to attack alot wherever I used to land in previous playthroughs. Right now they don't do it often.
And even if the hitchances are too little, they should bombard by means they have infinite ammo.
In Dagon HQ castle they spawn at corners & inside the temple itself.
It's turn 3, low-tier enemies around are downed.

Also, this save can be used to train AI use strategies vs usual player approach for such missions (set up a line, then aimed + snap). The most notable about this map vs BAI is: it covers inside the castle and then each unit, that is supposed to attack, goes to the gate, where following sniper reaction shot comes, as 10 agents simultaneously watch the exit.
Meanwhile, I retreated from previous same mission because layout was different (close to castle, more grenades and more shots consequently)

« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 06:17:26 pm by Abyss »

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 11, 2023, 06:12:22 pm »
And one more save: past couple of turns from the moment the game crashed (quit without any notifications)
UPD. It occurs if certain moves are made, not reproducing itself anymore. Nevermind. Deleting it.
UPD 2. Caught the turn where it happens all the time. Should 100% be your patient, Xilmi.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 08:53:09 pm by Abyss »

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 11, 2023, 08:33:21 pm »
And one more save: past couple of turns from the moment the game crashed (quit without any notifications)
UPD. It occurs if certain moves are made, not reproducing itself anymore. Nevermind. Deleting it.
I suppose 7.12.0?

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 11, 2023, 08:54:06 pm »
I suppose 7.12.0?
Yes, I updated the comment and atteched the exact savefile. Just press turn end.

UPD 3 oh my god, you fix bugs way prior me reporting them. The discord community must be very active. Give me the link, too, please
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 10:06:00 pm by Abyss »