Author Topic: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.17.1  (Read 56973 times)

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.3
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2022, 05:00:55 am »
Good morning.

I would just like to ask something. By any chance, have you seen Hobbes's comment in the mod.io page for X-Chronicles?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2022, 06:22:16 am »
Good morning.

I would just like to ask something. By any chance, have you seen Hobbes's comment in the mod.io page for X-Chronicles?
Yes, but this comment is obsolete since Hobbes decided to re-publicate his creation.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2022, 05:43:17 am »
Good morning.

I better remove that comment. ;)

Nord, I just saw you also went CC-NC-BY-SA with your mod, nice!

Offline Ryln

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2022, 11:47:02 am »
I’m excited to try the new version soon!

I don’t fully know the etiquette for this here, so apologies if this comes across wrong/rude:

I really like the goblin assets you have here, and was wondering who made them, as I’d like to ask permission to use them for my own modding.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2022, 01:48:11 pm »
I really like the goblin assets you have here, and was wondering who made them, as I’d like to ask permission to use them for my own modding.
Initial idea was published in "resources" for everyone to use, but for my mod i reworked it almost completely. These sprites based on sectoid, though.
So, use them as you want, i'm not say anything against that.
Upd.: found. It was first in Foxc topic, Here. But still, it was only inspiration and i made that spritesheet from sectoid.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 02:17:47 pm by Nord »

Offline Garr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2022, 07:17:46 am »
I feel like there are ladders in the game that are supposed to work like elevators but... don't. I am currently stuck on a ship assault mission where a legion resident mage is stuck below deck with no access. I don't have good enough explosives to breach the hull, so it's now a nigh impossible task.

P.S: couldn't attach more from my phone, so the most telling one is here.
P.P.S: The error occured on 0.99.2 since I didn't know about an update. Now I have to wonder if changing the version mid-mission will break anything.
P.P.P.S: SOLVED! I was indeed on a late version. Now everything works.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 07:40:57 am by Garr »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2022, 07:35:09 am »
Version 0.99.4 is up.
Changelog:
- Added two new facilities for base defense. Runed missiles and fiery bolts;
- Added ufopedia articles for all Aliens, all Aliens now researcheable;
- Added some other articles for explanation of storyline;
- Added a pair of events for immersion;
- multiple bugs fixed, thanks to wolwerine.

Offline Bonegnasher

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.4
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2022, 04:28:47 pm »
I certainly don't regret learning about this mod's existence. It's so much fun.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2022, 05:22:50 pm by Bonegnasher »

Offline wolwerin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.4
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2022, 07:49:19 pm »
Guys, the X-Chronicles mod has a discord. :)
For more convenient communication and feedback on the game :)

https://discord.gg/7sA7v7gKeh

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.5
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2022, 12:21:31 pm »
Version 0.99.5 is up.
Changelog:
- added new unit: phoenix
- added new terrain: fire dimension
- added some lore articles
- added 2 new craft equipment glyphs.
- added new facility, psi barrier
- fixed HMGs for using by normal people;
- added new faction: temple of Death, with their own ships and stuff;
- added submod Cyrillic names for XCHR;
- added 5 new melee weapons;
- minor bugfixing

Offline Skybreaker

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2022, 03:07:11 am »
Am I doing something extremely wrong or is the balance still a work in progress?

I'm in March 2022, multiple Magics researched, but no way to cast them. Almost 50 research topics with 90 scientists and each take at best 5 days, usually vastly more. The strongest weapons I have are still HMGs and X-equipment, and it takes a ton to actually take someone down, not really sure how to take someone in alive except for luck (police batons, darts and tasers are not even close to useful). In my last month I had 34 landed UFOs, a camp, a nest, 2 forts, over 20 other missions and at least 40+ UFOs that didn't land within my borders. I've researched outcast mages, pirates, orcs and goblins completely, with a lot of legionaries, wizards, barons and similar also researched. I tried just skipping a month to see how long it would take, at this pace it would literally take me thousands of hours to get through an in game year. All of this is with China start.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2022, 03:36:40 am »
Am I doing something extremely wrong or is the balance still a work in progress?
Please provide save file.

Offline xcommie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2022, 12:32:22 am »
Infinite loop? 0.99.5

0) Load attached save
1) Select batbayar
2) Rotate to point to the legion manipul
3) Take a snap shot

Game freezes just before the projectile hits (but doesn't crash-crash with the crash dialog).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 12:43:03 am by xcommie »

Offline xcommie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2022, 12:42:44 am »

I'm in March 2022, multiple Magics researched, but no way to cast them. Almost 50 research topics with 90 scientists and each take at best 5 days, usually vastly more. The strongest weapons I have are still HMGs and X-equipment, and it takes a ton to actually take someone down, not really sure how to take someone in alive except for luck (police batons, darts and tasers are not even close to useful). In my last month I had 34 landed UFOs, a camp, a nest, 2 forts, over 20 other missions and at least 40+ UFOs that didn't land within my borders. I've researched outcast mages, pirates, orcs and goblins completely, with a lot of legionaries, wizards, barons and similar also researched. I tried just skipping a month to see how long it would take, at this pace it would literally take me thousands of hours to get through an in game year. All of this is with China start.
Interesting. December 21 here; also china start. Mostly the same tech level (not bothered researching HMGs), just started training the psi's.

I agree research is very slow - currently have 140 scientists across two bases and just started research base 3! Researched just 23% of the tech tree. About 50hrs of play time to get here!

Also agree that some of these enemies take forever to take down with their shields; kind of like goblins and then orcs did at the start (goblins should've been easier!), though they (goblins) now die fairly nicely with x-rifles.

Also also agree that too-much happens in a month. I don't have numbers quite as high as you, but I can easily end a month with a score of 4000 or so.
(Crashy savegame in previous post is this game)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2022, 05:39:25 am »
Also also agree that too-much happens in a month. I don't have numbers quite as high as you, but I can easily end a month with a score of 4000 or so.
Ok, got it.