aliens

Author Topic: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - N7 16-Dec-2023 Flying Tiger, Hidden Tentacle  (Read 3609013 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J5 - 11 Jun - Applied Chromatics
« Reply #7080 on: July 23, 2019, 01:03:15 pm »
Unfortunately there isn't that much we can have from meals in terms of effects, so this hasn't been developed very far.
One could make a scripted meal which boosts this or that stat, but it would just mean spending the first turn applying it to everyone. Not a good design.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Re: [MAIN] XPiratez - J5 - 11 Jun - Applied Chromatics
« Reply #7081 on: July 23, 2019, 04:41:19 pm »
Unfortunately there isn't that much we can have from meals in terms of effects, so this hasn't been developed very far.
One could make a scripted meal which boosts this or that stat, but it would just mean spending the first turn applying it to everyone. Not a good design.

You created the amazing Stimm and Atom Beer:  when research is complete and a recipe like Fried Innards is ready, could it not give boost for healing by giving some tiny recovery bonus to the Mess Hall?  I mean to sit down there and eat such an amazingly tasting food, it surely must be healing?   

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: July 23, 2019, 04:53:08 pm »
First of all, while I contributed a bit, Dioxine is the only creator of Piratez and he is the only one to be credited for it. ;)

Secondly, doesn't Mess Hall already give a medical bonus? I think it does, but haven't really checked.

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: July 23, 2019, 04:55:33 pm »
Maybe with the transformation system something can be made in that regard. But ultimately, I thought those recipes were merchandise, and intended for selling.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: July 23, 2019, 07:58:18 pm »
For those who are interested, here is the latest piratez version (J15) repackaged to work under both OXCE 5.4.1 and 5.5.x:

link removed, use version J17
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 01:15:09 am by Meridian »

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: July 23, 2019, 09:14:46 pm »
WOW!  Zombie Fatman slapped my perfectly healthy tamed reaper once and it died!!!  :-OooO  WTH?

misterx

« Reply #7086 on: July 24, 2019, 12:51:38 am »
Secondly, doesn't Mess Hall already give a medical bonus? I think it does, but haven't really checked.

Yes, bootypedia tells that but  personally cannot quantify the amount. Someone knows?

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: July 24, 2019, 01:18:55 am »
WOW!  Zombie Fatman slapped my perfectly healthy tamed reaper once and it died!!!  :-OooO  WTH?

Zombies' melee is REALLY strong, you don't want to get hit by them ever.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: July 24, 2019, 02:35:00 am »
Superman/ironman:
Humanists again. I didn't expect that they field a large tank that can fire rockets around. My squad got wiped out again. Lost the METALLO..
 :o It had the Armored Hull component requirement and I had only one of that. I guess I won't build another METALLO anytime soon?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 02:39:10 am by mercy »

Offline Venger

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: July 24, 2019, 04:00:51 am »
First of all, while I contributed a bit, Dioxine is the only creator of Piratez and he is the only one to be credited for it. ;)

Are contributions generally welcome? I keep spotting typos and errors in the Bootypedia I'd like to fix, and it's probably faster to just edit it myself than post the list.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: July 24, 2019, 09:55:34 am »
It had the Armored Hull component requirement and I had only one of that. I guess I won't build another METALLO anytime soon?

Unfortunately, you can only make one Menace class ship, as there are no other Menacing Hulls in the game. But kudos for not savescumming!

Are contributions generally welcome? I keep spotting typos and errors in the Bootypedia I'd like to fix, and it's probably faster to just edit it myself than post the list.

Sure, it would be appreciated.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: July 24, 2019, 10:22:06 pm »
Superman/Ironman:
Last man standing! 11 zombies, funky, singer, etc.. were finally massacred. I fouled a rocket strike killing half of my team, then my last survivor - constantly losing morale and gaining lots of stun damage made it back to my Mighty Skyranger-2 - a plane only fools use, when their  Menace Class Rider with 16 crew spaces was lost during a Humanist large tank crew-wipe.
In the  skyranger the Gal constantly nibbled on chocolate and stimms, managed to take enough T-T rockets with her, when the Alien Hunt Mode was activated, so I could see the last remaining two zombies all the time! Wheeew..

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: July 24, 2019, 10:24:48 pm »
Interceptor repair question:
How can I speed up repair of my damaged interceptors? Station more workers or slaves at the base?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:27:49 pm by mercy »

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: July 24, 2019, 10:30:24 pm »
Interceptor repair question:
How can I speed up repair of my damaged interceptors? Station more workers or slaves at the base?
You can't.

EDIT: Actually there is one way: get shot at less.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: July 25, 2019, 04:48:39 pm »
Superhuman/ironman:
Finally an Academy Gunship showed up with 5000 speed! What I was waiting for to renew my old fleet. I just didn't have the heart to sell those old, trusty ships of mine. The Gunship shot down three of my Shark Jetbikes, one Hunter Killer with only two guns loaded (the rocket launchers were empty) and destroyed one Predator. But then one of my Krakens finally gutted it and shot it down over China.
At one point at least 9 ships were chasing the bastard from continent to continent, taking over when it reached their territory. We even lost the Gunship once, but shortly after it resurfaced on Hyperwave radar. WooOooHooo!! 
My biggest ship is the Skyranger, after losing METALLO, so I don't even dare to send less than a Convoy to try to clean up the crashed bastard with rockets and heavy weaponry. I think two Armored Cars equipped with rocket launchers will turn the tide of war in my favor. I don't want the Academy wiping out another company of mine!

Academy Bomber:
Shortly after my above victory a large bomber followed. I launched about 40 ships at it, Shark Jetbikes, Pachyderms, Krakens, Scarabs, a Hunter Killer and two Predators. The screen resembled a nuclear war, where all warheads slowly fly towards one target. Only 6 ships remained, out of ammo, returning to the base to rearm and repair. :D  I wanted to renew my fleet. Now is the perfect opportunity!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 02:41:14 am by mercy »