Author Topic: [ADDON] ROSIGMA  (Read 109191 times)

Offline Scamps

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [ADDON] ROSIGMA
« Reply #375 on: November 29, 2023, 01:20:05 pm »
It will bork Gray Knights and the like. Read pedia, some strategies explicitly mention "manual promotions required". It won't bork others.

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 30, 2023, 01:42:27 am »
Any plans to incorporate the Leagues of Votann in some way?

Offline Falsarr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 25, 2023, 09:25:56 am »
Apologies for the dumb question but do I put bugs I've had for this mod in the standard 40k bug report thread or is there a seperate one for ROSIGMA mod?

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 12, 2024, 04:16:10 pm »
You can put bug reports here, but I'll see them quicker on our discord (link exists on the mod.io page for this mod).

In other news, I've added a zip file of the rosigma 2.4 chill mode files with instructions to the mod.io page of the mod - if you click "view other files" near the download for the main update (yeah I know, great UI design).

Copy Pasta:
Works with (and requires) ROSIGMA 2.4.

Intro:
ROSIGMA is tuned to be both fast and intense in terms of mission and enemy progression, but if you're just starting out, want a slower pace or want to use Brutal AI with an adjusted enemy count you can customize your gameplay by using these files.

How to install:
Extract into your ROSIGMA ruleset folder (Documents\OpenXcom\mods\rosigma\Ruleset) and make sure to replace the same-named files there.
You can use ANY or ALL of the three chill mode versions of the files depending on your own preferences.

Modified Chill Mode files:
- alienDeployments_40k.rul: Enemy Deployment numbers and enemy base generated mission frequency reduced by ~33%. Frequency of scripted side missions like Space Hulks are not affected.
- alienMissions_40k.rul: Slower Enemy List Escalation: Enemy Lists, normal and hard, regardless of player faction, ramp over 24 months instead of 12 months. Does also slow scripted missions list upgrades.
- alienItemLevels.rul: Slower Enemy weapon loadout tech progression, speed halved (again, 24 months). More gradual upgrade of loadouts. Doesn't affect units with fixed loadouts.

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 12, 2024, 04:17:25 pm »
Any plans to incorporate the Leagues of Votann in some way?

Not currently, although Guard gets access to Squat recruits. We'll probably expand their armor selection first.

Votann may eventually make some sort of showing as mercenaries or "random mission encounter".

Offline mot2k

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 13, 2024, 10:37:45 pm »
With OXCE 7.11, 40K mod version 036 with 033 cutscenes and rosigma ver 2.4 i am getting the following errors when trying to load them together:

Error for 'STR_ADEPTAS_RHINO_CRAFT': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_ADEPTAS_THUNDERHAWNK': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_ARMOR_COLUMN': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_ARMYPD': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_ARMY_P': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_ARVUS': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_ARVUS_GK': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_AVENGER': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_CASSIUM': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_CASTIGATOR_AUTOCANNON_CRAFT': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_CHAOS_THUNDERHAWNK': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_CHAPTERARMY': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_CHIMERA': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_CHIMERAPD': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_CHIMERAPDH': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_CHIMERA_LIGHT_IG': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_CORVUS': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_DROP': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_DROPPODS_ADEPTAS': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_DW_LANDRAIDER': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_DW_THUNDERHAWNK': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_FIRESTORM': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_GORGON': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_IMPULSOR': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_IMPULSORS': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_IMPULSOR_DW': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_LANDRAIDER': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_LIGHTNING': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_REPULSOR_T': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.
Error for 'STR_REPULSOR_T_DW': Default HWP capacity cannot be negative.

Disregard the above. I've just noticed that Rosigma was only supports OXCE 7.9.8
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 02:01:50 am by mot2k »

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 16, 2024, 05:31:32 pm »
You can use the 2.5 live beta build with OXCE 7.9.11, although we'll push it out soon(tm).

Offline NazarTyagun

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 22, 2024, 12:13:15 am »
Hello! Great mod. I have several questions:
Can I upgrade hired CHAOS Space Marines and CHAOS Sisters? If yes, then how (to change their armor).
And the second question: is it possible to set the spawn of all types of missions to always be the same, and the level of technology of enemies too? - many simple missions, few difficult ones, many weak enemies, few strong ones, and so from the beginning of the game to the end/ I mean is it possible to disable enemy progression?
and how can i get iron warriors (or alpha legion) armor ( not only tier 1 )
After chaos research i can not recruit loyalists, so i can not turn them into chaos space marines as iron warriors, so I can't even get tier 1 armor now :(
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 01:26:23 am by NazarTyagun »

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 22, 2024, 11:10:47 am »

-The Undivided Chaos Marines have some alternative armors, the specialized Legion armors and 4-gods ones do not yet.
-Unsure what you're asking for with the spawn of all types of mission to always be the same, but which enemy lists that show up each month is handled through alienMissions_40k.rul. Quite a bit of work to change them for all missions.
-alienItemLevels.rul sets the level of tech, you can change the numbers there to be the same for each month (row).
-You should be able to recruit CSM straight up if you've turned fully, although there's some research topics involved.

You can use the 2.4 Chill Mode files on the mod.io "other files" to turn down enemy progression speed, tech etc.

Offline NazarTyagun

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 22, 2024, 12:35:56 pm »
thanks for the answer! So, I also cannot buy or create weapons of Tzeentch, Nurgle, Khorne and Slaanesh? (and get their armor, except for tier 1?)

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 22, 2024, 05:46:45 pm »
You can use them if you capture the gear.

Offline Hookachooga

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 22, 2024, 10:19:41 pm »
Absolutely loving the mod so far! Got some games in over the weekend and I am really enjoying the sororitas gameplay.
Having not played even the base Xcom UFO/TFTD there is a lot to learn! One thing I noticed today was that, since updating to 2.5 (and 7.11 OXCE), my promotions got set to automatic so i just had to disable that. Not sure if that was caused by the update or not.

Are Arco-flagellants in the Adeptas line-up? Was hoping to use them as cheap early game fodder. Unlocked the penitent engine (Which is awesome by the way. Incredible sprite!) but couldn't see any research for the Arcos. Might just be being blind!

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: January 23, 2024, 11:33:21 am »
Promotions were unintentionally set to manual for all factions, while it's mostly Primaris that has use of them being manual.

Arco-flagellants are not in, but you take basically no morale loss from losing the Frateris Militia or Repentia, if you need fodder units.

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 24, 2024, 12:09:46 am »
A hotfixed version 2.5A now live on mod.io

UPDATE 2.5A NOTES:

FIXES:
- CODEX: Fix for 2LEMON.SPK not showing from base 40k via submodding. Image and .spk created for ROSIGMA.
- CODEX: Created a blocker to prevent the READCODEX event from spawning multiple times.
- Rename "auto" shots into snap on IG missile launchers (uses auto shot code to prevent reaction firing).
- Fixes Research Issues with Redacted Infiltration and a minor typo.
- SOUND/MCD: Found another Tzeentch ship tile that had the gunshot sound error when stepped on (unlike any slaanesh tiles moaning noises).
- DEATHWATCH: Fix for an issue where Deathwatch could not progress to High-tier for the final mission.
- DEATHWATCH: Fix for a base 40k issue Deathwatch could not access captain or warmaster armors.
- Changed Heretic Hospitaller units armor to their intended armor set, previously they'd look like basic adeptas.

GENERAL:
- Advanced ammo compatibility for the basic Astartes bolt pistol.
- Lowered score Abort Penality for Space Hulks. 375 points instead of 750.
- Added some Abort Penalties for certain missions (mostly bases).
- Removed dominion power axes from the basic heretic sisters and hospitaller loadouts. Too good weapons for these enemies.

Offline noflic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 24, 2024, 01:22:15 am »

- Removed dominion power axes from the basic heretic sisters and hospitaller loadouts. Too good weapons for these enemies

Aww, pooperdoodles. My SoB run still hasn't got power axe manufacturing unlocked; that one single dominion axe reclaimed in like month 3 has been doing absolute work, and the heretic sisters have really rarely (at least in my run) carried them anyway. They're super powerful though, so fair enough.

Also: do 16-strong Guard squads now all deploy inside the Armoured Column Chimeras rather than sitting four up top to wave at heretics?