aliens

Author Topic: Reaver's Harmony Megamod - A Massive X-Com Expansion  (Read 51201 times)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Reaver's Harmony Megamod - A Massive X-Com Expansion
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2021, 06:50:04 am »
I have this nasty crash. Any help?

It seems to happen when a terror ship should spawn, but I can't figure out why. It is likely related to a mod you have installed. Based on your mod list, my best guess is CMP. However, uninstalling CMP does not appear to fix the issue in this save. Try swapping Harmony with CMP in the mod load order.

P.S.: You don't need the aliens pick up items mod, my mod has that functionality already in it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 09:05:58 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Firestorm_01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2021, 09:26:32 pm »
Hello. What kind of options recommend to use with this mod?

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2021, 09:00:44 am »
Hello. What kind of options recommend to use with this mod?
The recommended options are pre-set when you install it.

However, I can give you a few extra recommendations which I didn't include:
Custom Initial Base: yes - The default base design is recommended for newer players, but veteran X-Com players are recommended to craft their own base design, or to make the variant from page 2.
Instant Grenades: no - It is tempting to want grenades to explode immediately and with vanilla grenades it's balanced. But I fixed grenades, and having them instantly explode is overpowered. If you want smoke immediately, for example, try the grenade launcher or rocket launcher.
Alternate Movement Methods: yes - It saves a ton on misclicks.
Override Line of Fire: yes - Not only should you have this on, but you should get used to using it. If soldier refuses to fire, hold ctrl to fire anyway.

Anything else which isn't in the mod will just stick to whatever you previously had set.

If you change the settings, they will stay changed. The recommended settings are only set once, the first time you install the mod.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 09:16:04 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Amunak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My homepage (czech only)
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2021, 01:42:40 am »
I love what you've done with the game with this overhaul. As an old-timer who spent countless hours with the original X-Com, yours feels like a definitive edition / remaster of the game. With just enough old stuff to still be recognizable as the original X-COM, but new enough so that even for a seasoned player it's interesting and unpredictable again. Bravo.

I also love what you've done with the geoscape (craft and UFO) icons. I've also just had a genius idea on a (possibly?) fun way to change these. Not even sure if it actually fits your mod, but I have to share it somewhere.

How about making regular (non-hyperwave) radars so that they don't directly show UFO icons, but rather just a "heat map" of probabilities where the UFO is? The heat map's size and intensity would be dependent on the UFO's speed, size and time  it has been visible by the radar. Essentially making it so that the radar can "see" that there is some activity (and occasionally you could just fake it without an actual UFO being present), but you wouldn't know the exact location and you would have to send in a craft for visual confirmation. This is where the "radar upgrades" for crafts which I have personally found not to be very useful would come in real handy. With the time aspect you could also just wait (perhaps risking losing the UFO), but eventually the location should get small enough so that typically you just detect the UFO without extra effort. But you'd have less time to react.

Basically you'd get a map like this on your geoscape, the perhaps generated pseudo-randomly:

Now I get that this would be a lot of work (provided it'd be at all possible) and it's probably a lot of work for a minor and possibly contentious feature... But I just came up with the idea seeing that radar shot, loved it and had to share. So, uh, yeah.

Thanks again for the mod!

Edit: oh and congrats to me for 100 messages (and logging in after 8 years) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 02:10:10 am by Amunak »

Offline Firestorm_01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2021, 08:37:31 pm »
Well, I've watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu1rPS4fYX4&t=4558s
Looks like mods is good. But the one thing I find especially intresting is that mod fits category that a not a lof of mods have.
Like what mod  player should play if he want XCom like xcom? Most popular mods are heavy total conversions. That is also includes X-COM Files.
Well, there are FMP, hardmode expansion and that is basically all. Other mods that is plays somewhat like "vanilla" actually no longer supported and their time passed.
That is why I find Harmony unique. It is looks like vanilla, but better balanced and whith more stuff and with OXCE features supported.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 08:43:17 pm by Firestorm_01 »

Offline Amunak

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My homepage (czech only)
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2021, 06:12:20 pm »
Well, I've watched https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu1rPS4fYX4&t=4558s

Just for reference that video is not, in my opinion, a very good showcase of the mod. The author goes into it with a lot of "knowledge" of the old XCom which is just completely wrong, and makes decisions based on uninformed and outdated information. Overall it doesn't show much from the mod even though it's a really long video.

It'd be much nicer if there was a 10-30 minute showcase with long gameplay segments, but still with some cuts to show the stuff that's different in the mod.

Offline Firestorm_01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2021, 11:00:41 pm »
Actually that video was ending video of full mod walkthrough series of the mod.
So, I guess it could be used as good representation of the mod.

Offline Ranakastrasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2021, 07:58:50 am »
I think something went wrong when I installed this mod. I think I have a debug enabled version, since I start with an excessive full base, equipment that isn't unlocked yet, a bunch of aircraft, and also the UFOPEdia for weapons seems to have {0} in place of number of shots.
Not sure what I did wrong.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2021, 01:23:17 pm »
Not sure what I did wrong.

Mod requires OXCE.
You have installed OXC.

Offline Ranakastrasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2021, 02:58:54 pm »
That would do it. Thanks.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2021, 10:36:47 am »
Harmony 1.0 is being released! The mod seems pretty stable at this point and it is almost entirely complete. There are just a few minor loose ends that I may or may not ever tie up. If you experience any bugs or have any comments or suggestions, I am eager to hear them!

Significant changes as of 1.0:

• Experienced and Genius difficulty are getting a slight revamp. Previously, Experienced had easy-difficulty troop armor and medium-difficulty aircraft, while Genius had medium-difficulty troop armor and hard-difficulty aircraft. These are being swapped, so that Experienced will have medium-difficulty troop armor and easy-difficulty aircraft, etc. Higher difficulty troop armor means they have lower armor values, while higher difficulty aircraft gives them less hit points as well as a bit less speed and damage. I made this change because players seemed to be struggling more with air combat than with ground combat. As always, feedback is welcome and wanted!
Previously-existing saves won't be affected by this change unless you edit your save file.

• Incendiary damage now reduces target's morale. The unit's bravery affects how much morale damage they take, and it won't hurt the morale of units with 110 or higher bravery. Sectoids and chryssalids are also a bit more vulnerable to incendiary than they used to be. Make sure you try using incendiary as an attack weapon! In some cases, it's one of the more effective ways to kill stuff!

• Fixed a bug in which the Covert Ops Ship and Patroller were not yielding any small power sources. They will now correctly yield two each.

• If a facility in your base is destroyed during a base defense mission, it will convert into a destroyed version of that facility. Previously, it would just convert to an empty room.

• Several aircraft missile and plasma weapons have had their accuracy reduced, and their damage increased. They should be about as strong as before, but can better benefit from hit chance bonuses. Aircraft ammo also now takes up more space in stores. Rage missiles added as a first-tier large weapon in case you have large slots on anything.

Lots of other small changes:
Code: [Select]
#  1.0.0:   Changed Experienced and Genius difficulty to have harder armors instead of harder aircraft.
#           - Existing saves will be unaffected unless you edit them.
#           - This will make Cydonia harder but the rest of the game easier for most players.
#       * Covert Ops and Patroller now correctly yield two small power sources.
#       * Incendiary attacks now reduce target's morale.
#       * Increased Sectoid and Chryssalid vulnerability to incendiary damage.
#       * Reduced the amount of power that stun explosions are decreased per tile.
#           - This means that stun bombs remain potent all the way out to the edge of the explosion.
#       * If a base facility is destroyed during base defense, it will now convert to a destroyed version.
#           - This will save on rebuild time more than anything else, plus it lets you see what happened.
#           - Access Lift, Hangars, and Corridors are all indestructible.
#       * Added a new Access Lift design.
#       * Added north/south and east/west corridors.
#       * Number of civilians on terror sites now tends to be closer to the average.
#           - Penalty for failing terror site objective slightly reduced.
#           - Bonus for completing terror site objective increased.
#       * Shotgun has fewer pellets but more damage per pellet, for realism.
#       * Adjusted Combat Knife damage bonus.
#       * Increased auto and snap accuracy of Heavy Cannon, Heavy Laser, Heavy Plasma, and Doom Laser Cannon.
#       * Buffed HC-AE and AC-AE ammo.
#       * Nerfed fusion hovertank damage.
#       * Buffed Fate Plasma and Doom Laser damage slightly, reduced weight of theirs and Scourge ammo.
#       * Reduced weight of Calamity Launcher, its ammo is not changed.
#       * Fixed bug with alien red fusion ammo explosion.
#       * Added Rage missiles, in case player has large pylons but no other large weapons or modules.
#           - Executioner and Exterminator no longer require unlocking large weapons tech to purchase.
#       * Aircraft Cannon and Alloy Cannon now shoot faster, same DPS.
#       * Advanced Missiles and Plasma craft weapons now have higher damage but lower accuracy.
#           - Base DPS and ammo costs are unchanged.
#       * Several aircraft ammos now takes up more space in stores.
#       * Sniper-screened soldiers now have a time unit bonus.
#       * New Research Project Information entries about corpses and live aliens.
#       * Reduced research cost of Guardian and Assault Tanks as well as Soldier Screening.
#       * Restored vanilla Cyberdisc hitbox due to issues with hitting it with melee while on elevated ground.
#       * Improved color-coding on various launcher ammo, to make them easier to tell apart.
#       * Altered Laser Pulse Rifle sprite to make it look more similar to its counterparts.
#       * Super Medi-Kit now has a unique sprite.
#       * New Elerium-115 sprite.
#       * Added several new handob sprites.
#       * Minor text, sprite, and UFOPedia changes.

Offline DSeyka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2021, 06:29:44 pm »
Code: [Select]
[07-10-2021_18-26-50] [ERROR] During linking rulesets of armors:
Error for 'STR_BREACHER_UP': Number of defined templates for 'loftempsSet' or 'loftemps' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_ELITE_UP': Number of defined templates for 'loftempsSet' or 'loftemps' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_HEAVY_UP': Number of defined templates for 'loftempsSet' or 'loftemps' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_LIGHT_ARMOR_UP': Number of defined templates for 'loftempsSet' or 'loftemps' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_PSI_ADEPT_UP': Number of defined templates for 'loftempsSet' or 'loftemps' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_RANGER_UP': Number of defined templates for 'loftempsSet' or 'loftemps' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_SNIPER_UP': Number of defined templates for 'loftempsSet' or 'loftemps' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_SOLDIER_UP': Number of defined templates for 'loftempsSet' or 'loftemps' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_STEALTH_GEAR_UP': Number of defined templates for 'loftempsSet' or 'loftemps' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_SUPER_PSIBORG_UP': Number of defined templates for 'loftempsSet' or 'loftemps' does not match the armor size.
Error for 'STR_SUPER_SOLDIER_UP': Number of defined templates for 'loftempsSet' or 'loftemps' does not match the armor size.

I'm getting this with RHM 1.0.0 and OXCE 7.1, did I do something wrong?

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2021, 07:38:05 pm »
No, new version of OXCE check for more errors in rulesets, overall there is config switch that can temporarily reduce validation level.

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2021, 08:00:33 pm »
The mod works fine in OXCE 7.0. Stay tuned for an update for OXCE 7.1.

Offline DSeyka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2021, 08:09:36 pm »
Gotcha, thanks! I've got it working for now by adding loftempsSet: [ 3 ] to armor types which were missing it, hopefully that won't break everything horribly. ;D