aliens

Author Topic: JustTheDude (soon) Cabal of Sprites.  (Read 29048 times)

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: JustTheDude (soon) Cabal of Sprites.
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2020, 04:01:02 pm »
Brand new* Post-Apocaliptic weapons has appeared!

0a - Taken straight from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3FPy_bqMsQ (16:44 mark). It appears like some kind of AK, but with atleast 3 if not 4 rotating barrels. I have no idea why (if this weapon would exist) it uses standard banana magazines, so instead I made it drum/box. Also ditched the scope in favour of collimator. I also decided to make metal in more of a "bronze" colour, because I simply can't stand yet another clean gray/black weapon.

0aa - Ammo box/drum.

05g - Grenade reskin for the Brotherhood of Nod.

06g - Soda can IED with fuse.

SCAV 01 - Did you ever wanted bolt-action pistol? No? Too bad, because gopniks got you covered. Confuse the weapon specs who would try to catalog it and suprise any bandit in bulletproof vest who could not expect something bigger than 9mm out of something that small.

SCAV 01ammo - Clip.

CDDA 0a - I saw the idea in CDDA. You take M2 Browning, strip unessentials, make it single fire (bolt action?), add tacticool stuff like wooden stock and grip (for those bold, or strong enough like a mutant for example), soda can silencer, makeshift bipod and half of binoculars as a scope and here you go. True Wasteland Sniper Rifle with custom paintjob.
No ammo as I leave modders for mods balance sake how many rounds it can take. Maybe handfull, maybe special strippers, or something like that.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2020, 05:51:23 pm »
Same issues with the paperdolls as before - they are riddled with holes...

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2020, 06:10:57 pm »
Sorry. I have to stop using Infranview, or stop making those armors so damn dark.

With "Awakened" Cyborg that will come next it shouldn't have those problems.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2020, 06:12:33 pm »
Now looks fine. :)

Keep up the good work!

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2020, 05:45:18 pm »
Cyborg project takes a little more time, so I will break my sprite schedule with another bunch of weapons.

TOZ34STAL - Just as the name suggests its TOZ34 over-under double barrel shotgun. While many mods do have double barrel shotgun, this one could be used as a "sniper variant" with slugs.

TOZOBREZ - The same as above, but somebody got saw and a bad idea with it.

2xSLUG - Not much to say, simple slugs.

2xFLECH - Flechette, shell filled with sort of needles that pierce what buckshot couldn't, also fly further and as much tighter "cloud" of projectiles.

2xSCRAP - Handmande shotgun shells filled with various scrap.

STAL_01 - Slighty redesigned Gauss Rifle from S.T.A.L.K.E.R., could act as proto XCOM gauss weapon.

STAL_02ammo - Battery for Gauss Rifle.

BLYSKAWICA -  Weapon based on STEN, but manufactured in occupied Poland during WWII by ressistance members. Fixed stock and paintjob as addition. EDIT: forum doesn't have polish letters, so wiki "Blyskawica Submachine gun"

BLYSKAWICA_ammo - Magazine.

Outside of the weapons, I'm trying to sprite this https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Awakened?file=Awakened_CC3_Cncpt1.jpg however I have no idea with what trait to distinguish male and female cyborgs. I also don't know if I should make Awakened to have standard arms, or add fixed weapons like those visible on the picture. So this is me asking anyone interested in using the sprite to share his ideas, so I could adjust it accordingly.
There is also a question if Awakened should kneel. I can only imagine it looking silly.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 06:56:38 pm by JustTheDude »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2020, 01:06:58 am »
Finally, the first Cyborg has arrived. Brotherhood of Nod Cyborg "Awakened". Children of Kane serve his will even in death. Perfect army that feels no pity, no remorse and never shows mercy, as mercy is for the weak. It could be a nice mechanic for dead X-COM soldiers to leave corpses that then can be processed into cyborgs like this one. War with Aliens can't be lost because petty morality hold us back from using the most out of everything we had.

Wiki link for anyone interested is reading about this unit: https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Awakened

This one was really taking its sweet time. Its atleast 10 times harder to create new legs that have nothing in common with standard X-COM sprite. I'm still kinda not proud from how the cyborg walks north-west and north-east and I might go back to fix it, but for now it works good enough I guess.

Inspiration: https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Awakened?file=Awakened_CC3_Cncpt1.jpg

Since nobody gave any idea with what trait distinguish male and female cyborgs, I left them the same. I also decided to make kneeling sprites and as suspected, they do look silly. Standard arms are also left in place.

"Enlightened" should be pretty straight forward as he is pretty simillar to "Awakened". I guess it will be next.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 01:09:31 am by JustTheDude »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2020, 01:14:14 am »
Haven't you used NODFLOOROB_39.PNG before? :)

Also, I converted it to a transparent background (I can't see shit otherwise) and it seems to look a bit weird - is this intended? (attached)

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2020, 01:21:03 am »
I don't really put much thought to the names of the files. Most of them are called BIGOBS and XCOM_0 anyway.

And yes, it is supposed to look like that. I thought that it would be cool to make sprite of a dead/downed cyborg as a "mess". On the Spritesheet you can see death animations telling a little "story" of him getting shoot in stomach, his right arm and left leg and they simply fall off like a house of cards.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2020, 01:38:48 am »
And yes, it is supposed to look like that. I thought that it would be cool to make sprite of a dead/downed cyborg as a "mess". On the Spritesheet you can see death animations telling a little "story" of him getting shoot in stomach, his right arm and left leg and they simply fall off like a house of cards.

I thought so, and the bigob looks like that, bet the floorob is pretty weird - the torso is obviously in a vertical position.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2020, 01:48:45 am »
I thought so, and the bigob looks like that, bet the floorob is pretty weird - the torso is obviously in a vertical position.

Maybe a bit off. For now I will leave it with explanation that the leg left behind is what keeps it from being totally prone. Vertical corpse is atleast original... hehe  :)

I think I will fix it alongside two sets of walking animations.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2020, 02:28:42 pm »
Spritesheet with better walking animations and one "bugfix" where I accidentaly left arm I used as reference next to actual sprites.

FLOOROB hopefully looking more prone.

The Enlightened rise!
More advanced Brotherhood of Nod cyborg "Enlightened". Designated elite infrantry in the army of The Marked of Kane. Not much left of a human inside, but some bones and brain remain for sure (according to wiki) https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Enlightened_(Kane%27s_Wrath) .
I hope nobody will be offended by the symbol that paperdoll is wearing on the cloth piece between the legs as it is supposed to be literally the "Mark of Kane" and Kane might, or might not be Caine ( https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Marked_of_Kane ), however a bit pixelated so its rather hard to notice, but still, you never know.
I have no idea if this cyborg is just direct upgrade to certain Awakened, or maybe completly different unit made out of living human.

Inspiration: https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Enlightened_(Kane%27s_Wrath)?file=CNCKW_Enlightened_Concept_Art.jpg
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 02:31:01 pm by JustTheDude »

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2020, 07:01:28 pm »

Inspiration: https://cnc.fandom.com/wiki/Avatar_(Tiberium_Wars)?file=AvatarWarmech_CC3_Art1.jpg

While originally its big warmech that towers the battlefield, here its thrid chicken-walker unit. Could be both another cyborg, or pure robot (I removed blood from death animations and floorobs, but this doesn't exclude brain in a jar inside).

I have to figure out how to sprite weapons that are bound to the units, till that moment all of them have hands, or "talons" that allow them to use normal equipment.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2020, 06:45:38 pm »
Great stuff JustTheDude!

These will make excellent additions to the alien's roster of units.

Offline efrenespartano

• Commander
  • I know a lot about the law and other lawyerings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2020, 02:55:03 am »
Wonderful sprites, mate!

Any ETA for the Cheeki Breeki Slav Power? I'd like to see your imagination of the  S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bandits.

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2020, 12:32:14 pm »
Wonderful sprites, mate!

Any ETA for the Cheeki Breeki Slav Power? I'd like to see your imagination of the  S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Bandits.

I do tried to make classic leather jacket rookies and bandits, but colour choosen to be a jacket "fabric" just so happen to be colour of skin and it messed up the sprite. I might try to do Leather Coat bandits as they look unique enough. Maybe even I will try to repair broken sprites.